Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation (18096 Views)

The Story Of Haroot And Maroot – I (Origin of Magic/Witchcraft) / Man Climbs Street Light In Abuja During Maulud Of Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass / Being A Full Hijabite Plus A Footballer, Outter The Fold Of Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
usmanktg2:

Hahahahaa.... Exactly what am waiting for. What take you so long?
So, it is apparently clear to everyone that you have no evidence.

You call yourselves Ahlussunna, but you can't quote the Qur'an or the Hadith, You can only quote your shaykhs.

This is a piety.

PIETY indeed...... you need it though!!!!
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
ameerfixam:
And lastly, if celebrating it is regarded as an innovation by you, Anybody that celebrates it in accordance to the doctrine of Islam: reciting the glorious Quran, the burdah, tasbih, lectures about his sayings and teachings, provision of foods and drinks, giving of alms, Then you don't need to Descriminate them, Afterall you are not Allah that will reward them nor the prophet that wil reject them.
Salam alaykum.

Oh, okay. What of other days like Muharram, Safar, Rabiul thannni and oda?! U forget him ba?

So giving alms, food giving, lectures, teaching should be done once in a year ba? E shey wa ni lakai bayi na/ why are you ppl senseless like this na!

You claim to love your father for instance, you are only dutiful to him on his birthday, every oda day, na to de disrespect am for aws, dey beat am ba?!

True that, we're not Allaah to judge, but bizinillaah, we're going to be rewarded for forbidding evil and enjoining good. And those of us who engage in acts that are unislamic will be punished by Allaah, except if taubah is made sincerely, den it will be left to our Rubb to either punish or not.

Last question, after 12th Rabiul Awwal, all the " reciting the glorious Quran, the burdah, tasbih, lectures about his sayings and teachings, provision of foods and drinks, giving of alms, "...whr e go go
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by PhilGreen(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
talk2hb1:
Yeah
Can you provide evidence of getting a University Degree from either the Quran or any Hadith?
Does this your mindset makes all innovations halal?
people just love to believe whatever seems right to them
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by factwriter(m): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
HAH:
A Muslim in France send me this MIND BLOWING MASHALLAH

I was sitting in a coffee shop in France one day drinking coffee.

On the table next to me sat a bearded man looking at me.

I got up, sat by him and asked him,

'Are you a Muslim? '

He smiled and replied,

'I am a Jordanian Jew. I am a Rabbi doing a PhD research on Islam.'

I asked, 'What aspect of Islam are you doing your research on?'

He became ashamed then answered thoughtfully after a while,

'I am researching the extremism in Muslims.'

I laughed out loud and asked, 'Where have you got up to with your research?'

He sighed and said,
'My research has been completed and I am now writing the paper.'

I asked, 'What are the findings of your research?'

He sighed deeply, looked left and right, lowered his head and said,

'After five years of continuous research, I have come to the conclusion that the Muslims love their Prophet more than Islam.

They tolerate all types of attacks on Islam but they do not tolerate any fingers being pointed towards their Prophet.'

This was a shocking answer for me. I lowered my coffee mug onto the table and sat up straight.

He continued,
'According to my research, whenever Muslims fight or rise up, the reason for it is the personage of their Prophet.

You may seize their mosques, destroy their governments, put limitations on the printing of the Quran or you may kill all of their families - they will tolerate all these things.

However, as soon as you take the name of their Prophet with an incorrect tone, they rise up.

Thereafter it will not matter whether you are a brave warrior or Firawn, they will clash with you.'

I stared at him in amazement. He said,
'According to my findings, the day the love of Rasulullah (Sallahu alaihi Wassalamu) no longer remain in the hearts of Muslims, Islam will no longer remain.

Therefore if you want to finish Islam, you have to take out the Prophet from the heart of the Muslims.'

With that he put down his coffee mug, picked up his bag, placed it on his shoulder, greeted me and left.

But I remained shaken.

I considered the Jewish Rabbi to be my benefactor because before meeting him I was a Muslim by name only but in a few sentences he had explained Islam to me.

I realised that the love of Rasulullah (Sallahu alaihi Wassalamu) was the spirit of Islam and as long as this spirit was alive, Islam was alive.

The day this spirit dies then there will no longer remain any difference between us, Christians and Jews."
COPIED

If you reason with the above then let's celebrate the life and time of our nabiyy SAW. Happy Maulud

This has for long (lurk in my heart) as a Dilemma. The high and unsurpassed, unexplainable love for the Holy prophet.

sometimes I wonder if we are not already erring.
May the peace and blessings of Allah continue to be upon prophet Mohammed.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 5:36am On Dec 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin O boy ......Keep calm, It is Mawlud

Let's get one thing clear. I think people got wrong impression of attributing birthday to Christians. This is wrong connotation. Personally, i do forget my birthday in most cases. I am always reminded by siblings and mom. When I do remember, I sit down at mid-night, after making 2 rakat. And then make dua for the intention of my birthday. By dua, I mean reciting chapter from Qur'an like sura Yasin and thank Allah for giving me another year. This is how I celebrate mine IF I remember.

Sometimes, I remember so late at night even though i was reminded and greeted earlier in the day. I am most likely tired and about to go to bed. So i make just 2 rakat and stay longer on sujud. This is how I celebrate my Mawlud. You are wasting your time looking for dalil. Allah has said in the Quran to show gratitude. This is where pro-Mawlud derived birth anniversary of the nabi (salaAllahu alaiy wasalam).

So now, another thing needs to be clarified is a phrase being thrown around by every Tom, Dick and Harry. That's, if prophet(p), his sahaba, Tabin and those who followed them did not practice something, that thing must be Haram or bid'a. This statement is vague and is not properly calibrated. It does not prove illegality of Mawlud for example. Hence, Mawlud is not about singing "Happy Birthday To You Muhammmmaaaaad....happy birthday to you". That's nonsense.

So, if you are 40 years old and not appreciate Allah for sparing your life for that long, even though you never celebrated your birth, you are ungrateful. Those who oppose Milad nabi are usually literalists. They bring cheap quotations to condemn it. I like to focus on the essence. I do not pay attention to ordinary folks on Mawlud. Look at the way Sheikh Oniwasi Agbaye, Sheikh Daud Eleha (Alfa nla) etc celebrate or organize Mawlud. Such gathering would interest you to join. I know and I am aware of crazy people in the midst but I dont mind them. Even on Eld Fitr and Adha, people do crazy stuff too. This does not diminish essence of Eld itself.

You also need to understand that Mawlud nabi does not necessarily have to be celebrated in gathering. Individuals may also do so in their privacy. But gathering is necessary for awareness purposes. To bring Muslims together, get the kids come over. let them eat and drink. Get donations and use it for Islamic cause etc. Let the world know the man named Muhammad, the messanger of Allah{Sallah Allah alaiy wasalam}. Is it becus the prophet did not gather people, or did not spread tents is the reason you did not recognize he appreciated the day he was born?. As for saying milad nabi is "filthy innovation" as a brother said up there, I say, brother, that's your opinion.

I only celebrated Mawlud nabi one time in 1996. There are activities you can do to educate people on this day. It was bcuz of this mawlud i know the conversion (to Islam) story of Umar Ibn Khattab(ra) till today bcuz we rehearsed the scenes prior to Mawlud and we did the play in front of gathering of dignitaries. So why is this day "filthy innovation". I am not trying to be emotional but stating fact. I played the roll of Alfa who taught daughter of Umar and her husband sura Toha. I still remember the scene quiet right.

And no one says it is obligatory on anyone. You are free to not be there. However, if you go to gathering of Mawlud uninvited and you start shouting bida, you deserved to be kicked out.

Next, I will bring some scholarly reference of mawlud. I am not concerned about daef at this time. We leave that to scholars.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2016
Just wondering Why Op did not call me?. cause you knew I would give you headache grin isoke

Here You Go

COPIED

v v v v

Dear Brothers, May Allah fill ur heart up with love for our prophet !.

THOSE WHO OPPOSE MEELAD SHAREEF CLAIM THAT IF MEELAD WAS PART OF "DEEN", THEN SURELY THE PROPHET (SALLAL LAAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM) WOULD HAVE DONE IT HIMSELF AND HE WOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEAR FOR THE PEOPLE TO CELEBRATE IT?

THE REPLY IS:

Not everything which the Prophet or his Companions did not do would ultimately make things "Haraam". Since the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) himself said: "He who introduces a good deed in Islam will be rewarded for it ..."

Imam Shafi'i (radi Allahu anhu) said: "Anything which enjoys the backing of Shari'ah cannot be an innovation even if the Companions did not practice it, because their abstention from doing something may have been due to a particular reason which was there at that time, or they have left it to something which happens to be better, or perhaps news about a particular them did not reach them all".

Therefore, whosoever alleges that this thing is Haraam on the basis that the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) did not practice it, then surely he has alleged something which has no foundation or backing in Shari'ah and thus his allegation is refuted and rejected.

The above ^^^ refutes that.

continue............
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2016
FINALLY

It should be noted that, according to your allegations i:e those who oppose mawlud, you have stated, i.e. That every person who innovates or brings about into action that which the Prophet or the Companion did not do, means that this person has in fact introduced something bad into the religion, will be interpreted that the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) did not fulfil "the Deen" for his "Umah" and the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) did not convey what was ought to be conveyed to the Muslims! and whoever believes in that is a "Kaafir".

We say, "We condemn you from your own words", because you have brought and practiced so many innovations which the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) or the Companions never practiced nor preached, not even "Salaf" ever do them.

To name just a few and not all:

1. To gather collectively the Muslims to pray behind one Imam during "Tarawih Prayers", at the two Sacred Mosques and other Mosques.

2. Reading the "Du's" at the conclusion of finishing the recitation of the Holy Qur'an during "Tarawih Prayers" and "Tahajjud Prayers".

3. Allocating the 27th night of Ramadaan to recite the whole Quran at the two Sacred Mosques.

4. The Caller for Azaan saying when announcing to the people the commencement of the Tarawih Prayers the following, "Raise up for Tarawih Prayers, May Allah reward you".

5. Claiming that "Tarawih Prayers or Divinity" is divided into three Parts.

Is this a Prophetic saying, or the saying of one of the Companions or of the Four Imams? And many other things such as the formation of the committees for "Enjoying what is Good and Forbidding what is Evil", establishment of universities, Association for memorisation of the Holy Quran, Offices of Dawah and "Special Week of Masha'yekh". Hence, we do not raise objections to these things since they are in place for serving Islam. Let us add that these things are all "Bid'ah" but we acknowledge that they are "good Bid'ah".

It is alleged that since the Birthday of the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is the same as his demise, therefore, expressing joy on that day is no better than expressing grieve over his demise and if the religion of Islam was to be applied on the basis of one's opinion, then we are bound to show grief during this day and not happiness!

continue..........
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2016
@Empiree it's too late when I remembered you cuz its non editable when it reaches front page. By the way you're here now typing long essay. Look at the original post and answer the question.

Example: When does Maulud start = You specify the date or during the time of so so person ..... Like that

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2016
I will leave the rebut of such crooked argument to none other than Imam Suyuti (radi Allahu anhu) himself, where he said in his famous book "Al-Hawaii Lil-Fatawii", p. 193, the following: "The birthday of the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is the greatest favour of Allah granted to us, and that his demise is the greatest affliction for us. However, Shari'ah has encouraged us to show gratitude for favours and has taught us to observe patient perserverence, silence and calm in the face of afflictions. The Shari'ah has ordered us to offer "Aqiqa" on the birth of a child which is an expression of happiness and gratitude for favours and has taught us to observe patience, silence and calm in the face of afflictions. But the Shari'ah has not ordered us to sacrifice an animal on the death of someone nor to do such action. On the contrary, it has prohibited wailing and lamentation. Thus, the laws of Shari'ah indicate that to exhibit happiness in this Holy month in connection with the birth of the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), is better than showing grief at his demise."

CONCLUSION

The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasalalm) foretold about the coming of such people in the Hadith narrated by "Abu-Yaa'li" on the authority of "Huzaifah" who said:

The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "What I fear most for you, is a man who reads the Qur'an until such time when the blessing of Qur'an is reflected on him and he takes Islam as his Cloak ... he then turns around and strips himself off from Islam and then tosses it away behind his back, then he heads quickly towards his neighbour with his sword unsheathed and he calls him a 'Mushrik'" I said: "O, Prophet of Allah! Who is more worthy of being called a Mushrik the one being attacked or the attacker". He replied, "It is indeed the attacker."

To end this on a happy note let me draw your attention to the following Hadith: The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has himself indicated the excellence of this great month and day in reply to a questioner. When the questioner wanted to find out about fasting on Mondays, the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) replied: "That is the day on which I was BORN".
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 6:29am On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:
@Empir.ee it's too late when I remembered you cuz its non editable when it reaches front page. By the way you're here now typing long essay. Look at the original post and answer the question.

Example: When does Maulud start = You specify the date or during the time of so so person ..... Like that
About WHEN it started, WHO started it are irrelevant. It was Ijtihad. Ijtihad is part of Islam's ethics. So definitely, this ijtihad of Mawlud is still relevant today
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2016
Empiree:
About WHEN it started, WHO started it are irrelevant. It was Ijtihad. Ijtihad is part of Islam's ethic. So definitely, this ijtihad of Mawlud is still relevant today

You have failed the exam. The questions did not say Maulud is Haram or irrelevant.

They are very simple and straight. When is the origin of Maulud = You can simply answer the origin is from ijtihad.

Does the prophet or His companions or the generation. .. = Yes they have or no they don't.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 6:50am On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:

You have failed the exam. The questions did not say Maulud is Haram or irrelevant.

They are very simple and straight. When is the origin of Maulud = You can simply answer the origin is from ijtihad.

Does the prophet or His companions or the generation. .. = Yes they have or no they don't.
Well, my responses only addressed oppositions of mawlud generally bcuz I have read another thread lately by your cohort.

For how it started and its ijtihad, we can say the same of "Qur'an competition". Did the prophet do that? no.It only started in Malyasia in the 60s and the world of Islam benefit from it now. We can also say the same of "Walimot Quran". Did the prophet) do that? no. All these are made possible through ijtihad. Are they bid'a?. To me no. If you say they are bida, I say they are "good bid'a" that advance the cause Islam and muslims. These are activities that are flexible. Which means Islam is to be understood with time.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by ikupakuti(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2016
@empiree

When a leftist opens a thread on an event championed by the rightists

..and then called fellow leftists ( refering to them as “knwolegebles“) to give verdict on the validity of such event

One should expect not an iota of fairness whatso ever...cos they only want to feast to their massage their deflated egos

All the facts you‘ve stated (may God bless you) will suffice a non bigoted leftist ..not to talk of a centrist

But then, you cant wake someone who pretends to be asleep

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 10, 2016
Empiree:
Well, my responses only addressed oppositions of mawlud generally bcuz I have read another thread lately by your cohort.

For how it started and its ijtihad, we can say the same of "Qur'an competition". Did the prophet do that? no.It only started in Malyasia in the 60s and the world of Islam benefit from it now. We can also say the same of "Walimot Quran". Did the prophet) do that? no. All these are made possible through ijtihad. Are they bid'a?. To me no. If you say they are bida, I say they are "good bid'a" that advance the cause Islam and muslims. These are activities that are flexible. Which means Islam is to be understood with time.

So this is different from that thread. You established to me Maulud came into Islam ltr. Concerning whether good or bad bidi'a when I get time, I will open thread on it, then we will discus extensivly. BT 4 now am busy.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by talk2hb1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
PhilGreen:

Does this your mindset makes all innovations halal?
people just love to believe whatever seems right to them
Thats not the point, Their are lots of innovation adopted by Muslims and raises no eyebrow about it. consider a Muslim going to the registry for Wedding which is totally anti-Islamic principle this Wahabis couldn't help sensitize about that, Muslims Girls are denied their mode of dressings in public schools inline with their religious practice and of which they are denied of their societal civic right as a citizen of this great country and yet this SATANIC Wahabis wouldn't do anything about that too other than to haul criticism against Muslims and Islam. They are the AL-Qaeda, they are Talibans, ISIS and our home grown Boko Haram, they nothing other than violent, you see violent in their speech, in their mode of dressings, and in their act which is totaly anti-Islamic and yet they poses as the pious one.
1) What is wrong with Maulud Nabiyi?
2) Is it anti Islam?
3) How can someone in his/her right sense compare Maolud Nabiyi with the act of the pagan?

Their basis was that it wasn;t practice by the prophet, nor was it mentioned by any of the tabiun therefore it is bidia. even if it is bidia, it has been proven over and over that their are some act that are allowed in Islam since it is not deviation from Islam and not anti Islam like the Translation of the Quran from Arabic to other Languages (This was not done during the time of the prophet nor of the Tabiun and yet we accepted it open hand) just chew on these and I hope these is enough reason for any reasonable person reading this to understand the foundation of Maulud Nabiyi inline with the practice of a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:

So this is different from that thread. You established to me Maulud came into Islam ltr. Concerning whether good or bad bidi'a when I get time, I will open thread on it, then we will discus extensivly. BT 4 now am busy.
Why are you taking panadol over seemingly activity?. This is not like drinking beer.

Bolded, can you say the same of Quran competition and walimot of Quran?. Until you answered that, I will keep mute.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
Empiree:
Why are you taking panadol over seemingly activity?. This is not like drinking beer.

Bolded, can you say the same of Quran competition and walimot of Quran?. Until you answered that, I will keep mute.

Why don't you answer me before asking Me. By your previous post you established Maulud come into Islam ltr? Then if you agree. Then you can ask me question.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:

Why don't you answer me before asking Me. By your previous post you established Maulud come into Islam ltr? Then if you agree. Then you can ask me question.
It means you do not want to think outside the box. See, I did not intend to argue over this. There are bunch of threads opened since NL existence.

I know you wanted to say it was started by Shia etc. This is just not true. There are other versions of that. Sheikh Abdul Mojeed Eleha said it was started by Shia. Sheikh Dhikrulllah Shafii said it was started by a wealthy man who was closed to muslim leaders. Another version said it was started by a King. Who knows what other versions are there. That's why i said WHO and HOW it started is IRRELEVANT. There intention was pure
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
Empiree:
It means you do not want to think outside the box. See, I did not intend to argue over this. There are bunch of threads opened since NL existence.

I know you wanted to say it was started by Shia etc. This is just not true. There are other versions of that. Sheikh Abdul Mojeed Eleha said it was started by Shia. Sheikh Dhikrulllah Shafii said it was started by a wealthy man who was closed to muslim leaders. Another version said it was started by a King. Who knows what other versions are there. That's why i said WHO and HOW it started is IRRELEVANT. There intention was pure

I never know any claim that Maulud is introduced by shia until yesterday I read. And I don't know whether true or not. So that is not in my agenda.

Secondly who started it is very important. If I established something new in Islam that is unknown before, you will accept it and say the person is not relevant. So if the Prophet (SAW) established something and you like it. Will you tell me the person is irrelevant?
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
FriendChoice:

I never know any claim that Maulud is introduced by shia until yesterday I read. And I don't know whether true or not. So that is not in my agenda.

Secondly who started it is very important. If I established something new in Islam that is unknown before, you will accept it and say the person is not relevant. So if the Prophet (SAW) established something and you like it. Will you tell me the person is irrelevant?
Am done talking. Your reasoning and thinking faculty is very shallow and circumscribed.

@underlined, you have not make point yet until you tell me if Qur'an competition that was started in Malaysia in 1960 was there in the time of the prophet. And also walimot Qur'an etc. There are more of course. If you can not, then, I dont know what point is it you trying to prove.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
Empiree:
Am done talking. Your reasoning and thinking faculty is very shallow and circumscribed.

@underlined, you have not make point yet until you tell me if Qur'an competition that was started in Malaysia in 1960 was there in the time of the prophet. And also walimot Qur'an etc. There are more of course. If you can not, then, I dont know what point is it you trying to prove.

Let me Just leave you. You will not answer my question. But you want me to answer you. It cannot work.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by 9inches(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Rafidi:
Wahhabism is the path and ideology that fuels terrorism of the likes of boko, isis, alqaeda, al shabab, al-this and al-that.

Can you for sake of enlightenment highlight what the bolded do that Muhammad did not do? Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by 9inches(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2016
blinkmoneyo:
. it is an innovation in the religion so everything is wrong in celebrating it. the hadith narrated by Aisha (radiallahu anha) which said "any matter brought into this religion dat is nt part of it will be rejected" so no matter wat we do in the religion either we see it good or pious and it was nt done by the prophet or we have nt been asked to do by the prophet it is nt accepted. we do nt love the prophet more than himself or his companions, and non of Dem celebrated it. we ask Allah to increased us in knowledge.

Right. Some Islamic countries do celebrate it while some don't. Qatar stopped celebrating not long ago after some foreign preachers went there and condemned it.

Question would be, "who taught qatar the islamic laws which they adopted as their constitution? All na muslims! cool

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nafizzey(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2016
Empiree:
I will leave the rebut of such crooked argument to none other than Imam Suyuti (radi Allahu anhu) himself, where he said in his famous book "Al-Hawaii Lil-Fatawii", p. 193, the following: "The birthday of the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is the greatest favour of Allah granted to us, and that his demise is the greatest affliction for us. However, Shari'ah has encouraged us to show gratitude for favours and has taught us to observe patient perserverence, silence and calm in the face of afflictions. The Shari'ah has ordered us to offer "Aqiqa" on the birth of a child which is an expression of happiness and gratitude for favours and has taught us to observe patience, silence and calm in the face of afflictions. But the Shari'ah has not ordered us to sacrifice an animal on the death of someone nor to do such action. On the contrary, it has prohibited wailing and lamentation. Thus, the laws of Shari'ah indicate that to exhibit happiness in this Holy month in connection with the birth of the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), is better than showing grief at his demise."

CONCLUSION

The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasalalm) foretold about the coming of such people in the Hadith narrated by "Abu-Yaa'li" on the authority of "Huzaifah" who said:

The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "What I fear most for you, is a man who reads the Qur'an until such time when the blessing of Qur'an is reflected on him and he takes Islam as his Cloak ... he then turns around and strips himself off from Islam and then tosses it away behind his back, then he heads quickly towards his neighbour with his sword unsheathed and he calls him a 'Mushrik'" I said: "O, Prophet of Allah! Who is more worthy of being called a Mushrik the one being attacked or the attacker". He replied, "It is indeed the attacker."

To end this on a happy note let me draw your attention to the following Hadith: The Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has himself indicated the excellence of this great month and day in reply to a questioner. When the questioner wanted to find out about fasting on Mondays, the Noble Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) replied: "That is the day on which I was BORN".
Nice one Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by AbuHammaad: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
RABIUSHILE04 is a breath of fresh air in this section. Unfortunately, the defaulters don't like to put aside their egos and learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
Prophet(SAW)'s DOB was reported by historians. So there isnt any complications.

1. Ibn-e-Ishaq (85-151 H):

Messenger of Allah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born on 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. [Ibn Jawzi in al-Wafa, Page 87]

2. Allama Ibn Hisham (213 H):

Messenger of Allah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. [Ibn Hisham in As-Sirat-un-Nabawiya, Vol. 1, Page 158]

3. Imam Ibn Jarir Tabari (224-310 H):

Messenger of Allah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. [Tarikh al-Umam wa al-Muluk, Vol. 2, Page 125]

4. Allama Abu al-Hasan Ali bin Muhammad Al-Mawardi (370-480 H):

Messenger of Allah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born 50 days after the event of Ashab-ul-Feel and after the death of His father on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal. [Ailam-un-Nabuwwa, Page 192]

5. Imam Al-Hafiz Abu-ul-Fatah Al-Undalasi (671-734 H):

Our leader and our Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam), the Messenger of Allah, was born on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. [Aayun al-Asr, Vol. 1, Page 33]

6. Allama Ibn Khaldun (732-808 H):

Messenger of Allah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born on 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. It was the 40th year of Emperor Kasra Noshairwan. [Ibn Khaldun in At-Tarikh Vol. 2, Page 394]

7. Muhammad As-Sadiq Ibrahim Arjoon:

From various turaq (chains) it has been established as true that the Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel in the reign of Kisra Noshayrwan. [Muhammad Rasoolullah, Vol. 1, Page 102]

8. Shaykh Abdul-Haq Muhadath Dehlvi (950-1052 H):

Know it well, that over-whelming majority of the experts of sayar and tarikh (i.e. biographers and historians) hold the opinion that the Beloved (i.e. the Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was born in 'Aam al-Feel … It is well known that the month was of Rabi' al-Awwal and its date was 12. Various scholars have shown their agreement with this (date). [Madarij-un-Nabuwwah, Vol. 2, Page 14]

9. Imam Qustallani (Alaihir RaHma) said:

Rasoolullah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam) was born on 12th Rabi ul Awwal and People of Makkah follow it, on this same day they visit (your place of birth).. It is famous that you were born on 12th Rabi ul Awwal, the day was of Monday, Ibn Ishaq and others have narrated this too. [Al Muwahib al Laduniya, Vol. 1, Page 88]
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Empiree: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
Now we will prove from scholars whom even Salafis consider the top most scholar in Tafsir and Tarikh and they not only say 12th is the mainstream opinion but also rely with exact hadith for it:

10. Ibn Kathir writes in his Seerat un-Nabi:

ورواه ابن أبى شيبة في مصنفه عن عفان ، عن سعيد بن ميناء ، عن جابر وابن عباس أنهما قالا : ولد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عام الفيل يوم الاثنين الثانى عشر من شهر ربيع الاول

Ibn Abi Shaybah in his Musannaf narrates from Affan, Sa’id, Jabir and Ibn Abbas (Ridwanullahi Ta'ala Alaihim Ajma'een) who said: Rasoolullah (SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam) was born in the year of elephant on Monday, the 12th Rabi al-Awwal [Seerat un-Nabi, Volume 1, Page No. 199]

Then he said:

وهذا هو المشهور عند الجمهور والله أعلم
This is what is famous amongst Majority and Allah knows the best

11. Nawab Muhammad Sadiq Hasan Khan Bohapali:

The birth (of the Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam) was happened in Mecca at the time of Fajar on Monday 12 Rabi' al-Awwal in 'Aam al-Feel. Majority of scholars holds this opinion. Ibn-e-Jawzi has narrated a consensus (of scholars) on it. [Ash-Shumamat al-Anbariya fi Mawlid Khair al-Bariyyah, Page 7]

You can see that the historians/scholars from the first/second century of Hijri, as well as the scholars of later times, had been authenticating it. The list also includes the well known leader of Salafis, i.e. Nawab Sadiq Hasan Bohapalvi.
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2016
AbuHammaad:
RABIUSHILE04 is a breath of fresh air in this section. Unfortunately, the defaulters don't like to put aside their egos and learn.

I don't understand
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

I don't understand

he meant, you are doing a great job!

guy where those books na? cry

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

he meant, you are doing a great job!

guy where those books na? cry

Alhamdulillaah.

LOL, na old age dey bother me jere, oibo is HARDing me..

Books wo bi ti bo akhee?

Na pdf's full my hand fa!!
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Alhamdulillaah.

LOL, na old age dey bother me jere, oibo is HARDing me..

Books wo bi ti bo akhee?

Na pdf's full my hand fa!!

which one you get na?
Re: The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

which one you get na?

I've over a thousand or so... I been dey reason buy printer, make I start to de print them. I prefer hard copy wen I read!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sultan Declares Wednesday June 28th Eid l Kabir / Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam / Ramadan Starts Today June 28 2014

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.