Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President (28340 Views)

Millions Of Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B: Go For Test Today / South African Lady Living With HIV Says "I Won’t Allow HIV To Limit Me" / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by lewispius: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
It has been revealed that no fewer than 14,200 Benue youths are currently living with the dreaded HIV/AIDS in Benue State.

The revelation was made by the President of the Association of Young People Living with HIV/AIDS, APYIN, Fabian Tor.

Tor made this known at the 2016 World AIDS Day celebration in Makurdi with the theme, “Hands on for HIV Prevention.”

According to him, “The development is a serious issue but our members are committed to ensuring that the virus does not move from us to another, or from one person to the other.
“In fact, we are working hard to ensure that anti-retroviral drugs get to our members, that the virus is suppressed and that the infected live happily.”

In his speech, Country Director, United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, UNAIDS, Dr. Camara Bilali, said the world body identified Benue State as one of the states with high prevalence rate of the virus.

Represented by Mrs. Ashir Wende, Project Manager, World Bank Assisted HIV/AIDS Programme Development Project, Benue Office said:

The UNAIDS would continue to lead and inspire the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths.

“The UNAIDS is well positioned to provide necessary technical assistance to ensure that 90% of people living with HIV know their status, 90% of those diagnosed with HIV are accessing sustained anti-retroviral treatment, ART, and 90% of those on ART achieve durable viral suppression.”

Governor Samuel Ortom, who was represented by the Commissioner of Health and Human Services, Dr. Cecilia Ojabo, in his speech, assured that his administration would continue to partner relevant agencies to stem prevalence of the virus in the state.

Executive Secretary of Benue State Agency for the Control of AIDS, BENSACA, Dr. Dura Gideon, said all hands must be on deck to fight against the killer disease.

http://gistreel.com/2016/12/09/14200-youths-benue-state-currently-living-hivaids/

1 Share

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by HungerBAD: 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Huh?

Was there a mistake in the article?14,200 in the Country or just one State?

I know there was a rumor one time,that people in Benue welcome visitors with their wives. Dont know if that is true,or if this generous sharing nature contributed to this numbers.

Just when I was getting ready to visit Benue,now this article has changed my mind.

Damn.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by themosthigh: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
THE DEMONIC QUEEN OF THE COAST HAVE TAKEN OVER BENUE AND HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN ENSLAVING THE LIBIDO OF THEIR MEN

1 Like

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Zico5(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jesus!!! This state don finish o. If this number can be confirmed then the number of people living with HIV is more than 100k. We need more orientation on adequate protection on sex. This is too alarming.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by BrutalJab: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jesu! This is ridiculous.

Is that not the state of one popular zombie?

Hope he isn't one of them.

O*****A lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by sunmike065(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
it is well cry
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by abumeinben(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Is tuface still a youth?

Just asking undecided

Meanwhile, the governor is rallying in PH alongside Amaechi embarassed

12 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by MrJorge(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hmm.
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by mccoy47(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tuface follow? undecided
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Yehman(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Vaseline sure pass

2 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Ijaya123: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Huh?

Most times, the figures are usually exaggerated so as to get people's attention and get them to act towards the scourge.

6 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by balanceofterror1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
Blame Buhari and Herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by freecocoa(f): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
Abeg how many youth come dey the state?shocked

2 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by angeltolly(f): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
No be Benue State again Them no dey carry last for HIV matters lipsrsealed Na dem be number 1 angry

1 Like

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by flowe247(f): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
Na wa ooo....hmmmmm Speechless
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Pavore9: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Those known as many are yet to be tested.
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Gten(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benue, konji related diseases now have an umbrella body and president. Na joke oooooo. It is a very good initiative by youths, zero infection can be achieved. Stop discriminating against people living with hiv/aids and stay safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by rattlesnake(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Zico5:
Jesus!!! This state don finish o. If this number can be confirmed then the number of people living with HIV is more than 100k. These people can do anything for sex.
lol even some people with online HIV too dey comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by YeyeGirl(f): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by balanceofterror1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ijaya123:

Most times, the figures are usually exaggerated so as to get people's attention and get them to act towards the scourge.

That's not true, a girl can give more than 2000 people HIV/AIDS in one month. Don't ask me how.

5 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin grin grin grin ......

Tho My Pretty Benue Fiancee is Negative kiss

Tho Benue has a high HIV prevalence rate smiley

1 Like

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Afokesco(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wetin dey sweet dey kill...
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by victorazy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Their women horsepower no be here too much! especially Tiv women, I call them "small but mighty"

3 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by QuietHammer(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Yehman:
Vaseline sure pass
grin Abi nw
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by agboskipool(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Zico5:
Jesus!!! This state don finish o. If this number can be confirmed then the number of people living with HIV is more than 100k. These people can do anything for sex.
person like u are not suppos to post comment ob nl,if u dont have anytin to said jus kipqaite
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Where is that clown that was fighting with me on a post about HIV and AIDS statistics when I mentioned that Benue state has the highest stats?

Oya, come and see ur youths.

7 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by sod09(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Huh?

I know there was a rumor one time,that people in Benue welcome visitors with their wives. Dont know if that is true,or if this generous sharing nature contributed to this numbers.

Just when I was getting ready to visit Benue,now this article has changed my mind.

Damn.

its true
ND day know...... I served there
my friend working in benue state university always gist us abt there funny lifestyles
like a girl who came to complain dat er bf had sex with er even wen she said she had HIV.. let me quote her
"I told him I av HIV oo, he said I was lying ND I allowed him''

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Ijaya123: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
balanceofterror1:

That's not true, a girl can give more than 2000 people HIV/AIDS in one month. Don't ask me how.

How many days do we have in a month? And how many guys will she sleep with to make 2000 guys in a month?

You're also doing the same exaggeration like the AIDS agency. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by victorazy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
agboskipool:
person like u are not suppos to post comment ob nl,if u dont have anytin to said jus kipqaite

grin Benue guy, eyaa grin
Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by Koya365(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
Benue state, a state of sex and no condom, God save youth of benue, both Tiv, Idoma, Igede,including the Agatu and jukun. Stop child slave as well.God bless the Food basket of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: 14,200 Youths In Benue Are Living With HIV/AIDS - APYIN President by MVLOX(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
I knw sex is not the only way of getting HIV ooo but 1st tins 1st Thank God am still a virgin....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Polytechnic Student Rescued After Attempting Suicide By Jumping Into River / Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? / Paul Alexander: 'man In The Iron Lung' Dies At The Age Of 78

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.