Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1182 Views)

Cape Verde $500 USD Clearance Fee At POE / Passport Not Stamped And No Refusal Letter / America Visa Cancelled At Poe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by royaldok: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
royaldok:
I need your contributions and probable solutions to my seeming problem. I traveled to an European country few months ago and I discovered just today that my passport was not stamped at the country’s point of entry.

I remembered at the point of entry, the immigration personnel collected my passport and scanned it electronically, no stamp was given.

I actually have a three-month visa and I need to go for renewal as soon as possible.

I would like to know if not having my passport stamped will be a problem for me or not either now or in the future.

Thanks for your anticipated contributions.
Hello, it's nothing to worry about. It happens at times...if not most of the time. It's just that if a thing like this hasn't happened to you before, it will be hard to believe. A few years from now, passport scanning will completely replace stamping. UK has started it already. You get your passport stamped at the POE but when leaving the UK, you don't have to pass through the immigration for passport stamping. You just go to check into your boarding gate and that's all. Whether your passport was stamped at the POE or not doesn't matter. Your entry and exit details are already on their system and can be accessed at all the EU embassies, anywhere in the world. When next you go for visa renewal at any of the schenghen countries, the moment you thumb print, all your details will appear on their system . There are two ways visa officers can track movements of visa applicants via their passport, especially if you're applying for a visa in an embassy different from EU where you got the visa you travelled with. They do this through entry and exit stamps at the country of visit. The second place is the departure and arrival stamps at your home country. All the stamps have dates. It's not an issue at all. If the visa officer isn't clear about the entry and exit at the country of visit, with the departure and aerial stamps in your country, he/she should get all the info needed. Calm down and take a chill pill, ok?

1 Like

Re: . by royaldok: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2016

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Even Nairobi, Kenya Towers Over Nigeria / Inside Nigeria's New $38 Million Dollar International Airport In Lagos(pics/vid) / Germany Introduces Work Visa For Skilled Workers | Documents Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.