Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result (944 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by passionate88: 1:19am On Dec 10, 2016

Gambian President Yahya Jammeh has rejected the result of the election which he lost earlier this month.
In an announcement on state TV, he said the electoral process had suffered "unacceptable abnormalities" and he called for a fresh vote.
Mr Jammeh, who came to power in a coup in 1994, had suffered a surprise defeat to Adama Barrow, who won more than 45% of the vote.
Mr Jammeh initially accepted the result, surprising his critics.
"After a thorough investigation, I have decided to reject the outcome of the recent election," Mr Jammeh said on Friday.
"I lament serious and unacceptable abnormalities which have reportedly transpired during the electoral process.
"I recommend fresh and transparent elections which will be officiated by a god-fearing and independent electoral commission."According to the electoral commission, Mr Barrow won 263,515 votes (45.5%) in the election on 1 December, while President Jammeh took 212,099 (36.7%). A third-party candidate, Mama Kandeh, won 102,969 (17.8%).
Mr Barrow, a property developer, is due to take office in late January. After his win, Mr Barrow hailed a "new Gambia".
The Gambia is the smallest country on mainland Africa, with a population of fewer than two million. Tourism has become its fastest-growing sector.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38271480
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by adediranta(m): 1:24am On Dec 10, 2016
ooohhh snap
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by Truth234(m): 1:30am On Dec 10, 2016
I thought GEJ inspires change across Africa? Confused people

1 Like

Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by willyo(m): 2:05am On Dec 10, 2016
This name sounds islamic. what else do i expect than war.
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by RonJeremy: 2:43am On Dec 10, 2016
Yahya wants to die like Gaddafi.....
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by RollingStones(m): 4:08am On Dec 10, 2016
Truth234:
Yes he does inspire positive change unlike the foolish old idiot in Aso Rock that has brought negative change and suffering to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by Kupaskeybaba(m): 4:26am On Dec 10, 2016
Truth234:
yes he did but d change are for intellectuals and doz dat av the luv of ther follower at heart

1 Like

Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by Truth234(m): 5:21am On Dec 10, 2016
RollingStones:
Yes he does inspire positive change unlike the foolish old idiot in Aso Rock that has brought negative change and suffering to Nigeria.

Yes, especially the change in mama Peace bank account or the one Allison disappears with, sorry I meant the one Dasuki leads that touched the lives of Obanikoro, Fayose and others.
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by olatade(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2016
That is a typical African leader for you. They prefer to die in office to protect themselves from being exposed!
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by olatade(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2016
He needs to be examined for likely substance abuse or dementia .
Why would a leader be in "dreamland" for a whole week only to get up from his slumber talking gibberish?
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by dinachi(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2016
I think he changed his mind when the opposition candidate admitted that he will jail him when he takes over next year. His refusal of the results is an act of self preservation.
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by ArchiPelago1: 10:22am On Dec 10, 2016
The population of Banjul the capital city of Gambia is just 35,000 which is not up to the population of Unilag... Yaya Jammeh should not start a Civil War that will wipe out the country in one week
Re: Gambia Leader Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result by passionate88: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (Reply)

AMERICA IN SERIOUS TROUBLE BECAUSE TRUMPH CAN BARELY READ / Witches Gather To Cast Spell On President Trump Photos / 4 Dead, Dozens Injured After Train Smashed Into A Bus Packed With VIP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.