Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

How You Can Be What You Want To Be - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How You Can Be What You Want To Be (275 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Be What You Want To Be by Oracle16(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2016
Every life has a purpose and a vision. Every life has a dream, though so many lives have not lived long enough to achieve their dreams before it ends. Hope is what sustains our desire to achieve a certain dream. While we live, we continue to chase our dreams and as we do, our strive is sustained by the hope of our dreams coming true someday, sometime.

In the society we live in, there are so many factors which are responsible for hindering a dream from materializing, even when we have to pursue. These factors include ; Poverty, Lack of Education, Conflicts and Wars, Unstable Economy, Lack of Parental and Societal Support, Next - Person's- Opinion and so on. For a tenacious and determined person, none of these factors should end a dream. Please see Proverbs 16:3.

I will expatiate more on one comon factor that has ended dreams of many, this I call N. P. O factor. Which stands for NEXT PERSON'S OPINION.

Sometimes, the environment we live in and our upbringing compels us to see as very relevant the opinion or even the judgement of the people around us, whether close or distant, which perhaps encouraging and sometimes discouraging. As zeal and morale play an important role in the realisation of a dream, they can also be easily influenced especially negatively by the next person's opinion. Sometimes, a person's dream might be unique or peculiar, they might perhaps be viewed, interpreted or understood to be big or impossible by the people around.

When the influence of the next person's opinion is active in this case, their opinion might be really disappointing and that is when you hear statements like: "it is not possible, forget it and stop wasting your time", but if you are determined to have your dreams realised, then have this in mind and remember what a great father said to his son, "Dream dreams my son, but don't dwell in dreams". I say, no matter the circumstance you find yourself in life, never let anyone tell you, you can't do it. You are what you say your are, let nobody tell you otherwise. Remember, as a man thinketh, so he is.

Have faith in God, believe in yourself and stand strong for what you believe in. As my friend always say "Only a CAN, can can, a CAN-NOT can not can" . Say, I CAN.

http://theelcaro..com.ng/2016/12/you-can-be-what-you-want-to-be.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor – Aregbebsola / N7 . 29 Tn Budget : Why Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow – Reps / Police Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.