Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book (1011 Views)

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
Award Winning Author, Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated his BookMichael Chima
Michael Chima, award-winning Author, has taken to the media to claim that Google has pirated his work ' The Victory of Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Dream:My Testimony on the 2015 Presidential Election'.
Using his Nairaland Moniker Orikinla, he claims that Google has authorised a free copy of his work without his authorisation. And he was ready to take it up legally.
In his post he said, 'I did not authorize or permit a free download of my book published by Lulu and Amazon.
With a pirated free download of the book, people will not want to buy the book that cost me a lot of money for the research, writing, editing, book design and publication.
I will be seeking legal action against Google Sites on this clear case of book piracy'.
Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, aka Orikinla Osinachi, is a prize winning Nigerian writer, most prolific African blogger and the Publisher/Editor of Nigerians Report Online, Nigerian Times, "Kisses 'n' Roses, TALK OF THE TOWN By Orikinla with other blogs and author of several books.
olofoforeview says
'Nigerians should him the fight against this privacy'.
What do you say?
Obinau
lalasticlala
https://olofoforeview./2016/12/10/award-winning-author-michael-chima-claims-google-pirated-his-book/

Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by herzern(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
OKay
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
herzern:
OKay

Okay what?
Common say something.
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
undecided
KissChrix:
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
lipsrsealed.
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 5:33am On Dec 11, 2016
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by meobizy(f): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
It’s two years later. Any restitution?
I find the news hard to believe. I’m sure it’s a preview copy which has only a few pages visible he’s complaining about.
Nigerian writers do not have confidence in their work. I’m sure he believed once potential viewers saw its badly formed grammar they’ll reject the book quickly.
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
meobizy:
It’s two years later. Any restitution?
I find the news hard to believe. I’m sure it’s a preview copy which has only a few pages visible he’s complaining about.
Nigerian writers do not have confidence in their work. I’m sure he believed once potential viewers saw its badly formed grammar they’ll reject the book quickly.
I think it's actually Smashwords distribution..

My book is also there
Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by meobizy(f): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
Divepen1:
I think it's actually Smashwords distribution..

My book is also there
So? Did the accusation see its light of day in court?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book by Divepen1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
meobizy:
So? Did the accusation see its light of day in court?
Lol

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Who Loved Me / Opera Launches Opera News Hub, A Media Platform For Content Creators / My Life, My Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.