Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh (1794 Views)

"Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
The ECOWAS Commission, the African Union Commission and the United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel, have called on the Gambian President, Yahya Jammeh to respect the verdict of the ballot and hand over to the President-elect, Adama Barrow.
The President of the ECOWAS Commission, the Chairperson of the AU Commission and the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General to West Africa and the Sahel, said they are deeply concerned by Jammeh’s rejection of the election outcome.
They called on the government of The Gambia to ensure the safety of the president-elect and abide by its constitutional responsibilities and international obligations.
“It is fundamental that the verdict of the ballots should be respected, and that the security of the president -elect Adama Barrow, and that of all Gambian citizen be fully ensured,”they said in a statement on Saturday.
ECOWAS, the AU and the UN said they strongly support the stand of the Senegalese Government on the issue with regards to calling an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.
They urged relevant Gambian stakeholders to contribute to a peaceful transition and orderly handing over of power from the outgoing administration to the President-elect within constitutional deadlines, in accordance with the Gambian electoral laws.
They also called on all Gambian stakeholders including the elected leadership, the armed forces, political parties and Civil Society Organisations to reject violence and peacefully uphold the will of the people as clearly expressed through the ballot box.
They admonished the Gambian Defence and Security forces to live up to their republican duties.

http://punchng.com/respect-ballot-verdict-ecowas-un-tell-jammeh/

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
African mentality in leadership very pathetic. Rule like a monarchy
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by BiafranBushBoy: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
See his face like "The dullard of daura"!!!
Nonsense African leaders. !

1 Like

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:
See his face like "The dullard of daura"!!!

Nonsense African leaders. !
If I have the opportunity of coming back to this life after this one I will never be a black girl
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by Blue3k(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why are these guys always being sore losers. It's sad the system is fine when you won. Suddenly if you lose someone cheated you.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by EdCure: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
It seems Jameh prefers to go the Gbagbo way.

3 Likes

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by BiafranBushBoy: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

If I have the opportunity of coming back to this life after this one I will never be a black girl

What will you come back ??

Lol.. Asian??
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

Hahahahahahaha!ROTFL but black is beautiful.The only problem we have is hatred and greediness.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by EdCure: 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:
ourema:
Stop this self hate.

Fidel Castro died few days ago after ruling Cuba for decades and handing over to his younger brother.
I'm sure Vladimir Putin is the only Russian president that you've ever known. Syria's Assad is also another case in point.

Even in Western democracies, you have leaders occupying posts for decades after wining series of reelection.

Humans naturally loathe the thought of relinquishing power.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by Gratefulsoul(m): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
He should quickly do a check up on Laurent Gbagbo's case and how it ended before taking any move further... Bad advisers at work here... Am suspecting the wife...
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:
Abeg make dem no try Laurent Gbagbo way 'it is very dangerous' in the voice of Reminisce.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

Lol tell me which race would you prefer or choose.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
Gratefulsoul:
He should quickly do a check up on Laurent Gbagbo's case and how it ended before taking any move further... Bad advisers at work here... Am suspecting the wife...
Don't mind him.He's just power drunk.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:

Stop this self hate.

Fidel Castro died few days ago after ruling Cuba for decades and handing over to his younger brother.
I'm sure Vladimir Putin is the only Russian president that you've ever known.

Even in Western democracies, you have leaders occupying posts for decades after wining series of reelection.

Which one do you think is the best, mugabe, Castro fidel or genuine defined tenure
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by annayawchee: 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
African and power intoxication..... Africa will always be backward with this sort of leaders...
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:

Stop this self hate.

I'm sure Vladimir Putin is the only Russian president that you've ever known.

Chill bro,don't be offensive.Can you please name those western countries and their leaders for us.There is difference between re-electing a leader into power and a leader trying to impose him/herself on his/her people.Thank you.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by EdCure: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

Which one do you think is the best, mugabe, Castro fidel or genuine defined tenure
Whatever you think is the best or worse, don't try to associate it particularly with Africa or any race. Stop tagging Africa, or in fact, the black race with such self-hatred remarks. It only helps to fuel all racial stereotypes on anything African.

Give your political appraisals and analysis a holistic approach. Perfect political behavior has no geographical location.

3 Likes

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

These are tyrants who are nothing but law breakers and power abusers.Remember that these dictators only rule by decree and by so doing they infringe on their citizen's rights and on civil liberties.A genuine defined tenure is still the best which is common in the western world.

1 Like

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:

Whatever you think is the best or worse, don't try to associate it particularly with Africa or any race. Stop using tagging Africa, or in fact, the black race with such self-hatred remarks. It only helps to fuel all racial stereotypes on anything African.

Give your political appraisals and analysis a holistic approach. Perfect political behavior has no geographical location.
This isn't a case of inferiority complex but calling a spade a spade.Let's be sincere there are many African leaders who are monarchical in nature.They've mistaken democracy for monarchism,for instance The Bongo's family,Mugabe,Gnassingbe's family etc.

1 Like

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:

Whatever you think is the best or worse, don't try to associate it particularly with Africa or any race. Stop tagging Africa, or in fact, the black race with such self-hatred remarks. It only helps to fuel all racial stereotypes on anything African.

I agree with you in part
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by panafrican(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why are the new authorities trying to return the Gambia back to ICC ?
Why are they trying to humiliate the man after he gave up power without any resistance?
Why should he let himself be rewarded with a monkey currency after he handed a golden currency over to them?
This former security guard who worked under the table in the United kingdom is not proud and not smart enough to
understand he is being used by the same racist globalist westerners who lose sleep when they do not have any Black man
or any African leader to humiliate. They will love him as he is willing to be their stooge against Africa's dignity.
To hell with him.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
sirfee:
Hahahahahahaha!ROTFL but black is beautiful.The only problem we have is hatred and greediness.
Anger and vanity are other strong traits that is popular with the black man
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by panafrican(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
EdCure:
****Stop insulting the people of Cote d'Ivoire. heck, do you approve what Sarkozy , Chirac or Ouattara did from 2002 through 200? Hopefully you will be around when Ouattara is overthrown and taken care of in public.

November 2004: French troops heading to surround Gbagbo's residence, face a civil wall at Hotel Ivoire. They use heavy weapons to shoot unarmed civilians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohP8xI8B0jY

Killing in Duekoue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDaYH-Pxso
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
sirfee:
Chill bro,don't be offensive.Can you please name those western countries and their leaders for us.There is difference between re-electing a leader into power and a leader trying to impose him/herself on his/her people.Thank you.
Which is the one that is popular with the black African leader
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
ourema:

Which is the one that is popular with the black African leader
Lol even an unborn child will answer this question.Most of them came into power through the "back door".

1 Like

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
sirfee:
Lol even an unborn child will answer this question.Most of them came into power through the "back door".
Yeah back door indeed
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by MONITZ: 2:50am On Dec 11, 2016
@panafrican, a lot of people either don't know wat actually led to Gbagbo's fall or re just too numb to want to admit.

The whites re always quick to pull down any African leader who refuses to be used. If u take a look at how Thomas Sankara was killed by his treacherous friend in the person of Blaise Composite, u will see the hands of France all over the plot.They were not comfortable with his policy of emancipating his country.

The funny thing is that Sankara was the only military president in the whole of Africa then that the Abami Eda (FELA) liked despite his hatred for military governments prolly because of his approach to governance and his pro-masses policies.

As long as u re on the seat and u do the bidding of the colonial masters then there will be no problem bt the moment u try to deviate,u become marked.The French re even more guilty in this regard.

Ask yourself why the Eyadema's dynasty still exists till date without a whimper of protest from France.

Also take ur mind back to wat played out in Zimbabwe some years back with regards to white farmers and the large hectares of land they owned. because of this they re waiting to drag Mugabe before the I. C. C and he has already told them that he would rather die on the seat than see his ass taken before any court @ the Hague...

I am still watching to see how this Gambia's imbroglio pans out because this man(Yaya Jameh) is no longer a signatory to the I. C. C Act,a court which they feel only African leaders deserve to be taken....As far as I am concerned, Bush and Blair more than deserve to be hauled before the court too,no animal farm treatment should be welcomed...
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Gratefulsoul:
Most West African leaders never considered Lauren Bagbo case. They wanted to rule for ever. But they don't know that the era of life president is gradually coming to an end
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by Gratefulsoul(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

Most West African leaders never considered Lauren Bagbo case. They wanted to rule for ever. But they don't know that the era of life president is gradually coming to an end

let's see how the whole thing plays out but I just wish he will take an honourable bow and step aside.. He has done his part and should let others do theirs as well..

1 Like

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2016
MONITZ:
@panafrican, a lot of people either don't know wat actually led to Gbagbo's fall or re just too numb to want to admit.

The whites re always quick to pull down any African leader who refuses to be used. If u take a look at how Thomas Sankara was killed by his treacherous friend in the person of Blaise Composite, u will see the hands of France all over the plot.They were not comfortable with his policy of emancipating his country.

The funny thing is that Sankara was the only military president in the whole of Africa then that the Abami Eda (FELA) liked despite his hatred for military governments prolly because of his approach to governance and his pro-masses policies.

As long as u re on the seat and u do the bidding of the colonial masters then there will be no problem bt the moment u try to deviate,u become marked.The French re even more guilty in this regard.

Ask yourself why the Eyadema's dynasty still exists till date without a whimper of protest from France.

Also take ur mind back to wat played out in Zimbabwe some years back with regards to white farmers and the large hectares of land they owned. because of this they re waiting to drag Mugabe before the I. C. C and he has already told them that he would rather die on the seat than see his ass taken before any court @ the Hague...

I am still watching to see how this Gambia's imbroglio pans out because this man(Yaya Jameh) is no longer a signatory to the I. C. C Act,a court which they feel only African leaders deserve to be taken....As far as I am concerned, Bush and Blair more than deserve to be hauled before the court too,no animal farm treatment should be welcomed...

Very insightful reasoning but let me ask you a question.
Could it be that African leaders and Africa in general are yet to define the form of leadership that best suits the people.?
Could it be that democracy is a wrong system of governance for Africa?
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2016
Gratefulsoul:

let's see how the whole thing plays out but I just wish he will take an honourable bow and step aside.. He has done his part and should let others do theirs as well..
Very true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Opposition Leader Pulling Out Of Election: Mugabe To Continue! / Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! / North Korea Detonates Nuclear Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.