Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! (1791 Views)

Iran Says CIA Killed Michael Jackson / Micheal Jackson: No Official Statement From Obama; Why? / Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by SeanT21(f): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2008
WASHINGTON - In a vulgar tirade caught on tape by Fox News, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said he wanted to "cut his [Barack Obama's] nuts out" and he accused the fellow Chicagoan of "talking down to black folks" by giving moral lectures to African-Americans, source said Jackson's shocking quotes were picked up by a hot mic before an interview on health care in Fox's Chicago studio last Sunday

Fox planned to air the recording on Bill O'Reilly's "The Factor" show.

In an effort to blunt the controversy, Jackson issued an apology.

"For any harm or hurt that this hot mic conversation may have caused, I apologize," Jackson said in a statement.

Jackson said he couldn't recall everything he'd said in the studio but couched the remarks as part of a discussion about Obama speaking to black churchgoers.

In such settings, Obama has urged greater emphasis on fatherhood, advised parents to choose reading books over playing video games and most recently told young students to stick with school and forget about a career as a rap star or professional basketball player.

Jackson said that in doing so Obama was hurting his relationship with black voters, "that the senator was cutting off his you-know-whats with the black people and black churches."

Jackson told CNN that he called the Obama campaign to apologize and reiterated his support for the campaign of the first black nominee of a major party.

"My support for Senator Obama's campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal," he said in his statement. "I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."

Obama had no comment.

This dude gotta be joking. I lost all respect I had for him for making such a vulgar statement. I thought he knew better.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2008
SeanT21:

WASHINGTON - In a vulgar tirade caught on tape by Fox News, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said he wanted to "cut his [Barack Obama's] nuts out" and he accused the fellow Chicagoan of "talking down to black folks" by giving moral lectures to African-Americans, source said Jackson's shocking quotes were picked up by a hot mic before an interview on health care in Fox's Chicago studio last Sunday

Fox planned to air the recording on Bill O'Reilly's "The Factor" show.

In an effort to blunt the controversy, Jackson issued an apology.

"For any harm or hurt that this hot mic conversation may have caused, I apologize," Jackson said in a statement.

Jackson said he couldn't recall everything he'd said in the studio but couched the remarks as part of a discussion about Obama speaking to black churchgoers.

In such settings, Obama has urged greater emphasis on fatherhood, advised parents to choose reading books over playing video games and most recently told young students to stick with school and forget about a career as a rap star or professional basketball player.

Jackson said that in doing so Obama was hurting his relationship with black voters, "that the senator was cutting off his you-know-whats with the black people and black churches."

Jackson told CNN that he called the Obama campaign to apologize and reiterated his support for the campaign of the first black nominee of a major party.

"My support for Senator Obama's campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal," he said in his statement. "I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."

Obama had no comment.

This dude gotta be joking. I lost all respect I had for him for making such a vulgar statement. I thought he knew better.

So, the vulgar statement offended you more than his not-un-vulgar actions?

Whatever, I still respect Jesse Jackson. We are humans, and mosdef fallible!
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by SeanT21(f): 12:32am On Jul 11, 2008
RichyBlacK:

So, the vulgar statement offended you more than his not-un-vulgar actions?

Whatever, I still respect Jesse Jackson. We are humans, and mosdef fallible!

We are all humans but why would anyone make such statement?

Its not what he was trying to say. Its how he phrased it. He could have used a more appropriate sentence to express his dismay. He is too matured and Old to be making such remarks.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by LadyT(f): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2008
STFU Sean you self righteous bimbo. You yourself cause so much trouble and strife on this site you have time to be pointing fingers at others?
Nonesense
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2008
WOW, @Poster, I have never had any respect for the likes of Jesse Jackson and so I am not moved by this. In my opinion, the man may have actually told us his mind in all this by that statement. Just that as a politician desperately needing to get back in the game, he just has to kiss up as much as he can, even if he is not whole-heartedly for the candidate.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by mellow(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

WOW, @Poster, I have never had any respect for the likes of Jesse Jackson and so I am not moved by this. In my opinion, the man may have actually told us his mind in all this by that statement. Just that as a politician desperately needing to get back in the game, he just has to kiss up as much as he can, even if he is not whole-heartedly for the candidate.

Seconded
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by JustGood(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
I have looked at my crystal ball and SeanT is a white woman in nature.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Orimili(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
To be honest, I'm really not mad at Jackson for saying that. It's clear that Obama is not the "Black Jesus" everyone is making him out to be. He's already turned his back on many of the things that he promised. His character is shaky at best, as he's willing to turn his back on his church, and others who's had his support for years, and then turn around and talk about faith-based programs. Everything he's doing is calculated in some way, just some show to appeal to everyone. Every interaction I've seen Obama in with black people has more than often been more critical than supportive, as he seems to point more negatives with black americans than with the majority white voters.

Also, Jesse shouldn't have to apologize for that statement, as he was just speaking his mind, something I thought was covered by the 1st amendment of the US constitution. He is part of what seems to be a minority of people that can see through the BS that Obama puts out daily, and regardless of his personal issues, he shouldn't have been chastised for saying that comment.  Another thing that is bothering me is the amount of press that this got, being that there are much larger, and more important issues at hand, such as the FISA immunity bill, which recently passed. I guess it's the mass media doing what they do best.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2008
Yes, the statement is unacceptable, but it isn't that serious either.
Do not let us get carried away, Obama is another human being and I see nothing wrong with someone disagreeing with some of his views.

Yes, Jesse mistakenly used a vulgar language over a MIC; this is not the end of the world. I personally see this language as a figure of speech, which was used to express how he (Jesse) felt. I'm sure that he wasn't really going to cut-off Obama's JohnThomas, he was just trying to express how much he disliked Obama's action.
We all use these languages from time to time behind closed doors. It is part of life.
As long as the discussion was between Jesse and a close friend or associate, there is nothing wrong with the statement.

He was caught with his pant down, but he has the right to present his reasons why he thinks Obama was talking down at black people.
We must realize that just because Obama is our super star doesn't mean we should close our eyes and remain quiet if we disagree with his views.

As a pastor, Jesse jackson may be wrong for making such a statement, but this is absolutely not the end of the world, but part of life.

Who knows what Obama is also saying behind closed doors or when the MIC is not on; and what are you saying behind closed door?
Judge yourself and allow God to judge others.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
Orimili:

To be honest, I'm really not mad at Jackson for saying that. It's clear that[b] Obama is not the "Black Jesus"[/b] everyone is making him out to be.

ROFLMAO!!! That is it!!!
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Kobojunkie,   You have a serious beef with Obama,  any where someone says something negative about Obama - you are always next to post,  with the negative statement highlighted followed by a LMAO or ROFLMAO. Whats the reason for this beef?

me self no be OBAMANITE but  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Kobojunkie,   You have a serious beef with Obama,  any where someone says something negative about Obama - you are always next to post,  with the negative statement highlighted followed by a LMAO or ROFLMAO. Whats the reason for this beef?

me self no be OBAMANITE but  grin grin grin grin grin

Are you sure this claim is not imagined?? I don't have any beef with the man as I do not know him well enough to do so. I do disagree with him on so many issues and I enjoy funny posts. How that translates into me having a beef with him eludes me.

The dude up there posted on the idea of him not being the expected Black Jesus and I found the reference to a Black Jesus to be a funny one. What is wrong with laughing at a post I find funny?? Does a Laugh automatically mean serious beef?? Na wa ooo!!!! Who makes these rules

I am curious though, how did you arrive at this idea that I have beef with him??  smiley
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2008

me self no be OBAMANITE but 

It is simple: Kobojunkies doesn't like himself.
If someone doesn't like what he is or who he is, what do you expect from this individual? NOTHING MUCH.

I think it is all an indication of frustration, jealousy, and hopelessness.

These are folks that will find something negative even if they are surrounded by paradise.
They're also called progress haters.

It is a severe mental disorder!
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2008

Maybe Im insane but what exactly is wrong with Obama pointing out such things?

Not even sure why anyone even cares about what Jesse "HymieTown" Jackson says anymore.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2008
I love obama with all my heart, In fact, I see him as one of the greatest speakers around today, but one has to be careful when making statement that touches many folks.
Human beings are very sensitive.

forget about a career as a rap star or professional basketball player.
Now, tell me what is wrong with being a rap star or a basketball player?
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Maybe I'm insane but what exactly is wrong with Obama pointing out such things?

Not even sure why anyone even cares about what Jesse "HymieTown" Jackson says anymore.

Cause he has made great contributions to the black community,  He is a great role model.

@ Big B1 e no serious reach that level, free Kobojunkie me just dey joke
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hahhahahhahahhahaha grin

Maybe 25 years ago. Dude's a bloody hypocrite

Still waiting for you to explain what Mr role Model has against Obama's speeches to the black community.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
Big B1:

Now, tell me what is wrong with being a rap star or a basketball player?

Surely you are joking.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2008
Surely you are joking.
please, tell me.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2008
Jesse might not be a perfect man, he might even be a bloody hypocrite; but make no mistake about it, he is part of the reasons why Obama is here today.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Hahhahahhahahhahaha grin

Maybe 25 years ago. Dude's a bloody hypocrite

Still waiting for you to explain what Mr role Model has against Obama's speeches to the black community.
Show me one politician that is not a hypocrite, Obama ranks up there with all other politicians.

25 years ago, 50 years ago he made a great contribution that what is important. He is still contributing now, but people like you never notice it.
I dont have to explain his stance on Obama's speeches - I never sought out to do that.
What I addressed initially was what you said "Not even sure why anyone even cares about what Jesse "HymieTown" Jackson says anymore."
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Orimili(m): 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Maybe I'm insane but what exactly is wrong with Obama pointing out such things?

There's not much wrong with pointing such things out, but you must realize that such problems are present in all ethnic groups across the US. If you want to point things out, say it to the entire country. Just telling the black population "You guys are messing up, get your act together," and not so much as saying a word likewise to other groups makes it obvious that he is not catering to the American people as a whole. Also, such speeches just don't seem genuine coming from him.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2008
Big B1:

Jesse might not be a perfect man, he might even be a bloody hypocrite; but make no mistake about it, he was part of the reasons why Obama is here today.

Hence my "relevant 25 years ago" remark.

I still think you are joking to ask me such a question. These are the same people that were crying foul when Bill Cosby said the exact thing to the same "can't handle the truth" black community

What's wrong with being a rapper? That's funny. I'll let you think about that on your own.

Professional Basketball Player. Nothing wrong with that. HOWEVER, is that all black children should be looking up to? Being entertainment COONS for White America? Is that all they should be known for? God Forbid they actually own a team themselves. They being the ones writing the checks. If anything what I think Obama was really trying to get at is the expensive shoes basketball parents buy for their kids. Parents on Welfare, buying $350 shoes for their dyslexic children. Whole thing is a joke. The same kids running around the streets killing each other for these shoes, repeating grades constantly, you should see how people celebrate "elementary and highschool graduations" around it. It's quite disgusting. The reason why they celebrate so much? Cos most of them don't bother thinking long term like college.

I will admit, the mindset is changing a bit nowadays and I thank God for that but the black community still has a long way to go. There are still those who looked at over achievers and highly educated as being 'white washed". Isnt that pitiful? They need to believe that they can do more that just hope to be some entertainment clown. What if the kid doesnt have the talent required for such sports? Should he then not think of other things he can do? Like REAL jobs that have beneficial effects on the community?

Naija kids love football but how many parents do you really see screaming for their kids to be professional? Hardly any. If the kid has the talent to go pro. Good for him, but for the most part they rather he/she is successful in a good profession. Abi I lie?
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
Junkie:
I've been on your back for few months now, just because I despise folks who are full of negative energy.
I find it very difficult to get along with folks who are too judgmental about things, who think narrowly and feel they're better than the rest.
Check my profile and my record; you will discover that I've been fighting vigorously for the underdogs, I try to be fair and I love IBB.

Therefore, I will like to use this opportunity to apologize for all my unnecessary harsh remarks towards you.
I think you're a cool sensible guy.

Please, keep in mind that you do not have to accept my apology, but it means a lot to me to let you know how I truly feel.

One love and stay cool.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by BigB11(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:
I agree!
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Big B1:

Junkie:
I've been on your back for few months now, just because I despise folks who are full of negative energy.
I find it very difficult to get along with folks who are too judgmental about things, who think narrowly and feel they're better than the rest.
Check my profile and my record; you will discover that I've been fighting vigorously for the underdogs, I try to be fair and I love IBB.

Therefore, I will like to use this opportunity to apologize for all my unnecessary harsh remarks towards you.
I think you're a cool sensible guy.

Please, keep in mind that you do not have to accept my apology, but it means a lot to me to let you know how I truly feel.

One love and stay cool.

That more like it, Talking about things without getting personal.
I think Kobokunkie is a She
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2008
Orimili:

There's not much wrong with pointing such things out, but you must realize that such problems are present in all ethnic groups across the US. If you want to point things out, say it to the entire country. Just telling the black population "Y

Cosby did the same thing, was it wrong of him too?

Despite being biracial, in this country Obama is a black man. If he needs anyone's backing it's theirs. However that doesnt mean he should skim over the truth. Im sure there are quite a number of black people esp REAL parents who agreed with what he said.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Hence my "relevant 25 years ago" remark.

I still think you are joking to ask me such a question. These are the same people that were crying foul when Bill Cosby said the exact thing to the same "can't handle the truth" black community

What's wrong with being a rapper? That's funny. I'll let you think about that on your own.

Professional Basketball Player. Nothing wrong with that. HOWEVER, is that all black children should be looking up to? Being entertainment COONS for White America? Is that all they should be known for? God Forbid they actually own a team themselves. They being the ones writing the checks. If anything what I think Obama was really trying to get at is the expensive shoes basketball parents buy for their kids. Parents on Welfare, buying $350 shoes for their dyslexic children. Whole thing is a joke. The same kids running around the streets killing each other for these shoes, repeating grades constantly, you should see how people celebrate "elementary and highschool graduations" around it. It's quite disgusting. The reason why they celebrate so much? Cos most of them don't bother thinking long term like college.

I will admit, the mindset is changing a bit nowadays and I thank God for that but the black community still has a long way to go. There are still those who looked at over achievers and highly educated as being 'white washed". Isnt that pitiful? They need to believe that they can do more that just hope to be some entertainment clown. What if the kid doesnt have the talent required for such sports? Should he then not think of other things he can do? Like REAL jobs that have beneficial effects on the community?

Naija kids love football but how many parents do you really see screaming for their kids to be professional? Hardly any. If the kid has the talent to go pro. Good for him, but for the most part they rather he/she is successful in a good profession. Abi I lie?

Abi oooo!!!
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Orimili(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Cosby did the same thing, was it wrong of him too?

Despite being biracial, in this country Obama is a black man. If he needs anyone's backing it's theirs. However that doesnt mean he should skim over the truth. I'm sure there are quite a number of black people esp REAL parents who agreed with what he said.

Well, the difference between the two is that Cosby is not running for president of the United States. As the US president, your concern is not the concerns of black people, or the concerns of whites, asians, or specific races. Your concern is with the American people. That means American citizens, as well as anyone living within the US borders. I didn't say that I didn't agree with what Obama or Cosby said, as it is a valid issue within the black community. The problem is, if you're trying to reach out to the American people, targeting specific race groups is not going to help, and just divides the people. Black leaders have been pointing out such issues for years, and it's still a problem. I don't think Obama is going to change that. You'll see a lot of people doing the same thing as before, carrying around, business as usual. The only thing that will be different is they'll be wearing Obama tee shirts.

There are larger issues that the presidential candidate has to worry about, and so far, nobody is paying attention. While everyone is worrying about getting the black man into office, that same person is voting, as well as everyone else in Washington, helping in further destruction of every value that the US was founded upon. The same person is handling foreign relations like everyone before him, creating tensions abroad where there shouldn't be any. Nobody notices this at all.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2008
Orimili:

Well, the difference between the two is that Cosby is not running for president of the United States. As the US president, your concern is not the concerns of black people, or the concerns of whites, asians, or specific races. Your concern is with the American people. That means American citizens, as well as anyone living within the US borders. I didn't say that I didn't agree with what Obama or Cosby said, as it is a valid issue within the black community. The problem is, if you're trying to reach out to the American people, targeting specific race groups is not going to help, and just divides the people. Black leaders have been pointing out such issues for years, and it's still a problem. I don't think Obama is going to change that. You'll see a lot of people doing the same thing as before, carrying around, business as usual. The only thing that will be different is they'll be wearing Obama tee shirts.

There are larger issues that the presidential candidate has to worry about, and so far, nobody is paying attention. While everyone is worrying about getting the black man into office, that same person is voting, as well as everyone else in Washington, helping in further destruction of every value that the US was founded upon. The same person is handling foreign relations like everyone before him, creating tensions abroad where there shouldn't be any. Nobody notices this at all.

Excellent statement there.
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by KarmaMod(f): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
Orimili:

I see what you are saying but lest we forget, whites make the majority of this country. Same way he'll have the backing of black parents(the ones with sense) for what he said, he'll also have the backings of most whites for not rolling over for his race. It's all strategy wink

I do agree with the last paragraph. People are no longer looking at that lunatic closely anymore cos of this hoopla undecided
Re: Jesse Jackson Wants To Cut Obama "nuts" Off! by Orimili(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

I see what you are saying but lest we forget, whites make the majority of this country. Same way he'll have the backing of black parents(the ones with sense) for what he said, he'll also have the backings of most whites for not rolling over for his race. It's all strategy  wink

I do agree with the last paragraph. People are no longer looking at that lunatic closely anymore because of this hoopla  undecided

You just mentioned another issue: Strategy. The problem with Obama is that he is overly calculating in his campaign. From everything that I see, and this is my opinion, I feel that he lacks the quality that will make him a good president. He, and just about every other career politician, lacks the passion that the founding fathers had for the idea of America. Today, it seems to no longer be about tackling real issues, but a game to see what types of votes you can get, and what groups you can get to rally behind you. I think that it's only with such a passion for the idea of what America is supposed to be about, is the only way that anyone will see any real change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Own Solution To The Middle East Crisis, Cc: Davidylan, Everyone / The Art Of War: The Reconquest Of Africa / STOP Abusing The Uk, They Owe You Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.