Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,178 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction (761 Views)

Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them / Which Of These Bible Characters Appear Wiser/less Foolish? / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by tobechi20(m): 5:23am On Dec 11, 2016
let me start by telling everyone that i am a christian. Reading the bible has been part of me since i was able to read and write.
I love to reason and ask question
while reading the bible, there are many parts that makes me want to question if the events actually took place .

The story of job stands out top. It seems odd to belive that after casting satan out , God stil organise a meeting where satan attends.and even grant the evil one a request.

The creation story also strikes my mind. Who accepts a story without a withness.

Adam and sin apple story is another one that makes me wonder if the story was just a parable.
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by HQuadreal: 7:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Only God Knows.
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by ednut1(m): 7:37am On Dec 11, 2016
people building a tower to heaven is surely fiction, we have all seen heaven is not in d skies. Adam and eve surely look lik arabs/ isrealis. by how come asian, indian, black, white, native Indian, Aborigine came into existence. an isreali can never gv birth to a chinese likewise black csnnot gv birth to a native Indian

1 Like

Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by Auki: 7:44am On Dec 11, 2016
God and Jacob wrestling
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by Auki: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2016
If you actually love reasoning , then Christianity is not for YOU. I know you are trying hard to remain faithful.

Doubtfull stories and weird concepts, like Trinity,Jesus divinity are actually pagan ideas that made their ways into the Bible.

Put your thinking cap. God purposely gives us the brain, so put your brain to use not just in exam situation but more importantly toward understanding your creator.

Jesus, like Noah, Jacob, Abraham, Muhammad, Mosses, called Mankind to worship God alone. None of them asked mankind to worship him instead of God.
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Once again satan has started overtime work on Christian matter. Let me ask you Satan's disciples, is Christianity the only Religion that you must make mockery of it all the time? I want to see you mock Hindus or Buddhist too, since you have nothing else to do with your life.
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by randomperson: 7:57am On Dec 11, 2016
Noah putting 8.7 million species of animals into a boat...
God sending the spirit of lying into the prophets
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by randomperson: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Pidgin2:
Once again satan has started overtime work on Christian matter. Let me ask you Satan's disciples, is Christianity the only Religion that you must make mockery of it all the time? I want to see you mock Hindus or Buddhist too, since you have nothing else to do with your life.
Why are u so angry??
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by Uyi168: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2016
U list is incomplete without d following stories: d talking snake.. d talking donkey.. a sea dividing into 2.. nd a jewish zombie saviour..

1 Like

Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by Niflheim(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2016
1.A man rents accomodation inside a cat-fish's stomach(jonah).

2.Moses mistakenly burns his marijuana plant, then claims that the plant was talking to him.

3."Reveal yourself"'--Moses
"No, I shall not reveal myself, I shall only reveal my buttocks"---God

4.Noah puts ebola virus, mosquitoes and pubic lice(toto scabies) on the ark, which is why they have still survived uptil today!!!
Re: Some Bible Characters That Look Like Fiction by tobechi20(m): 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Auki:
God and Jacob wrestling
i forgot to mention this. And to think that the angel lost. Hmmm
the angel must be a young amateur with no superpower

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Demonic By MFM Founder, Dr D.K Olukoya / Bad Omens 4 Watchtower As New Yearbook Shows Decreases 4canada Australia &europe / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/03/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.