Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision (888 Views)

”Lazy Nigerian Youth” T-Shirts And Cap (Photos) / Sagay Referring To President Buhari As Weak And Unprincipled – APC / Igbo Elders & Youth Are Arrogant, Ungrateful We Back Quit Notice--northen Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by Ijebulogic(m): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2016
I come from a generation of Nigerians that protested against injustice and oppression from the Military that gave us the democracy we have today. But guess what? Apart from the military rule, the economic and infrastructure challenges were not as bad as they are today. But for some reason, today's weak social media, blog, internet influenced youth do absolutely nothing but abuse each other online like cowards.
Last night a very hungry looking but extremely well-spoken youth approached me at the ATM asking for money. He said "I just got out of prison" .help me "pastor" ..I don't know why he thought I was a pastor. I engaged him to know his background. Degree holder, smart, no job, wrong place at wrong time, got arrested, no big man connections, now released , homeless, no future. He has been failed by Nigeria and the leadership. I asked him how his fellow graduates are doing and he said they were all on the streets "hustling" apart from a few who were connected.I asked him why there isn't a youth movement to challenge all the injustice that his generation his facing? He looked like me like I was talking Greek and said, "Pastor , please just 1k for food". That's the story of todays youth. They lack vision to see that 1k today for food is nothing. They must challenge the injustice and seek equity in this nation. The smartest youth are too busy on nairaland abusing tribes or setting up gossip blogs. Gone are the Nigerians that took charge of the country in their 20s and 30s. Now we just have weak, spineless cowards , led by their grandfathers like babies. Nigerian youth ...wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by okomummy: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2016
Ijebulogic:
I come from a generation of Nigerians that protested against injustice and oppression from the Military that gave us the democracy we have today. But guess what? Apart from the military rule, the economic and infrastructure challenges were not as bad as they are today. But for some reason, today's weak social media, blog, internet influenced youth do absolutely nothing but abuse each other online like cowards.
Last night a very hungry looking but extremely well-spoken youth approached me at the ATM asking for money. He said "I just got out of prison" .help me "pastor" ..I don't know why he thought I was a pastor. I engaged him to know his background. Degree holder, smart, no job, wrong place at wrong time, got arrested, no big man connections, now released , homeless, no future. He has been failed by Nigeria and the leadership. I asked him how his fellow graduates are doing and he said they were all on the streets "hustling" apart from a few who were connected.I asked him why there isn't a youth movement to challenge all the injustice that his generation his facing? He looked like me like I was talking Greek and said, "Pastor , please just 1k for food". That's the story of todays youth. They lack vision to see that 1k today for food is nothing. They must challenge the injustice and seek equity in this nation. The smartest youth are too busy on nairaland abusing tribes or setting up gossip blogs. Gone are the Nigerians that took charge of the country in their 20s and 30s. Now we just have weak, spineless cowards , led by their grandfathers like babies. Nigerian youth ...wake up.

Wake up call for Nigerian youth
Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by ccffwx: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2016
Because they do not understand the necessity of action, many of them will reject what you have written. Believe it, most of them will be left in the lurch in the future by which time these old ones deceiving them must have died. This present crop of youths will not be able to govern themselves or have responsible marriages. Nothing. It's a cancer but they don't know it yet. By the time it dawns on them, it would have been too late.
Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by bnanzip(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2016
But this generation of youths are suffering because of your own generation of Leaders. It shows your generation was useless not to think of what their children and descendants will eat in the future.

I hope you helped him? Why not start the movement and the youths will support you?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by twosquare(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bi aye ba tori awon agba baje...aimowa wu won ni....including your generation at Ijebulogic.
Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by jerikoyan(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
This is where our problem start and we refuse to acknowledge this, blaming our current predicament on generations before us, blaming our current and past leaders, blaming our colonial leaders for our current situation,it's time to wake up from our slumber.
Rome was not built in a day but we must think inward and wake up, stop the blame and take actions.
believe you me this mindset is not pertinent to Nigerian youths residing in Nigeria, even Nigerian youths outside the shores of the country still have this mindset, this saddens my heart.
As you said|
[center]if generations before us are useless must our generation also be useless not to think of what our children and descendants will eat in the future.[/center]
bnanzip:
But this generation of youths are suffering because of your own generation of Leaders. It shows your generation was useless not to think of what their children and descendants will eat in the future.

I hope you helped him? Why not start the movement and the youths will support you?

Re: Nigerian Youth Are Weak And Lack Vision by dra1987(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
I have been shouting tirelessly on this same view but nobody ever responded well to me . I will say this again i am ready to make any sacrifice for my country to be better anybody with a plan on way a forward ,my helping hands are open.

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Given The Highest Award Of Liberia And Cote D Ivoire / Who Is Atiku?? / Reasons Why We Have Power Shortage – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.