Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,460 members, 7,846,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media (888 Views)

Who Are These Guys Carrying AK47 Behind Gov Fayose / Governor Obiano Appoints Yul Edochie As Senior Special Adviser On Media / Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by Djpaparazy(m): 6:35am On Dec 12, 2016
This was posted on the Facebook timeline of the Assistant to the Gov on media.

The special assistant to the state governor on media has come out on Sunday 11th December to explain exactly how the governor escaped death on Saturday at Reigners Bible church Inc.

According to him on his Facebook timeline "I have come across series of news reports and speculations on some media platforms concerning the accident at the Reigners Church Building along Uyo Village road".

The reports which are clearly very misleading, allege that an aide of His Excellency the Governor lost his life while attempting to rescue the Governor from the rubbles of the collapsing Church building.

Let it be known that I am still in shock on the unfortunate disaster that rocked our dear state and I grief for the loss of our beloved people, but at no time did anyone die while trying to rescue His Excellency the Governor.

As the Governor himself has also explained, as soon as he left his seat in the church, one of the falling roofs shattered the chair, while he hurriedly left the building unscathed. At no time did anyone close to him push or rescue him, let alone die in the process. Rather it was the governor who rushed out to get rescue equipment and he supervised the rescue operations.

By protocol arrangement, no aide seats behind the governor in official functions except his Personal Assistant on General Duties and security details. And they are all in good conditions. People should discountenance that false story in all ramification.

I advise my colleagues in the pen profession and bloggers against be carried away by the seeming flourishing qualities of sensationalism, and rather endeavour to crosscheck their facts before going to the press.
Those who are excited about rushing to generate imaginary stories about the dead should also consider the effect of such false reportage on other members of the society.

At this time, prayers and words of encouragement are of essence as we attempt to get over this ugly occurrence.
May their souls rest in peace.

Essien Ndueso

- See more at: http://www.hitgist.com.ng/2016/12/no-aide-died-trying-to-save-life-of.html?m=1#sthash.rYrkfBgP.dpuf

Re: The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by DonLo: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2016
Bloggers
Re: The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by joespiceman(m): 7:15am On Dec 12, 2016
**NOTED**

I will not say it again.
Re: The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by Chanchit: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2016
Na wa o. Some people would just wake up in the morning to feed the public with fake news. I knew the story was not true cos at first they said the governor has not arrived when the incident happened, then I saw the pix of the said aide on a thread where they said he's an usher in the church only for him to become the governor's aide
Re: The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by Djpaparazy(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2016
Chanchit:
Na wa o. Some people would just wake up in the morning to feed the public with fake news. I knew the story was not true cos at first they said the governor has not arrived when the incident happened, then I saw the pix of the said aide on a thread where they said he's an usher in the church only for him to become the governor's aide

When something happens u will read diff versions of Stories..
Re: The Story Behind Gov Udom's Escape In Collapsed Church - By Assistant On Media by Cadamlk: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2016
This why i hate bloggers. They dont verify stories and yet, each want to be the first to post. Some only see images and fabricate stories. They are so digusting. I dont open blogs angry

(1) (Reply)

2019: 5 Policies Draining Buhari’s Popularity And What He Should Do Urgently! / They Only Foiled A Plan To Assassinate Wike, Says Rivers On Sacked Policemen / All Protests In Nigeria Are Fake And Scams: Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.