Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom (2632 Views)

Nigerians React To Saraki Sneaking Into The National Assembly / "Apologise To Governor Ortom" - Reps Order Police IG / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by sarrki(m): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2016
I DON'T see anything wrong with the statement.

If there's a tragedy I will CONGRATULATE those who survived

I may be wrong, right or in btw...But I don't see ANYTHING wrong with the statement...That's 'ME', 'MYSELF' & 'I'...

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2016
grin cheesy
Sarrki the Zomb.. how far na? Your oga dey congratulate survivors now like say na competition. Make 2019 do reach make we sweep am off congratulate am too.

TINUBU/OKONJO 2019

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by DonLo: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2016
hhh
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by talktimi(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2016
Was it a competition between those who survived and those who died ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by angeltolly(f): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2016
People sef sad Dem don Change am for Buhari o tongue cheesy
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by zico530(m): 6:58am On Dec 12, 2016
I think the choice of word was wrong. He shouldn't have congratulated him, but rather condole or commensurate. It makes other bereaved families feel bad. The President's spokes man should know that the Governor did not win a trophy, and also a life was sacrificed for him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Mujaheeeden: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2016
A President congratulating those who survived while hundreds died undecided

Who is the foolish abooki that writes buhari speech because he has committed a lot of blunders since buhari came on board

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Caseless: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2016
cry
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by saint047(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2016
I don't think "congratulations" is the right word
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by joespiceman(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2016
Them being alive is an achievement...

Pls don't even bother to quote. I'll kill u
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by greatgod2012(f): 7:07am On Dec 12, 2016
1.There was no competition between those who survived and those who died, so, nothing to rejoice about here, moreso, that the man who pushed the governor away from the point of death died in his stead.

2. People are angry with PMB, hence, the transfer of aggression. So many people are hungry, desolate,unemployed, underemployed, some have even lost their jobs during this PMB era, recession is seriously biting hard on people. So, many people are looking for opportunity to lash out on him.

PMB too need to wake up from his sleep, it's two years already, he need to act fast and make Nigerians happy again.
Enough of blame games and excuses.
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by samtee37(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2016
Ah ah..... Nigerians gat no chill for this man at all..
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by dunkem21(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2016
Very very dumb undecided
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by herzern(m): 7:20am On Dec 12, 2016
cool
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Benikuuse(m): 7:30am On Dec 12, 2016
Nigerians On Nairaland Are Dump. I Have Seen Nothing Wrong In That Speech, Do You Think Is Easy For Having A Second Chance? Is They Any Competition In Birthday? But Someone Will Say Congratulation On Your Birthday
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by sarrki(m): 7:32am On Dec 12, 2016
Benikuuse:
Nigerians On Nairaland Are Dump. I Have Seen Nothing Wrong In That Speech, Do You Think Is Easy For Having A Second Chance? Is They Any Competition In Birthday? But Someone Will Say Congratulation On Your Birthday

Thanks

Same way I see nothing wrong in the speech
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by sarrki(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2016
greatgod2012:
1.There was no competition between those who survived and those who died, so, nothing to rejoice about here, moreso, that the man who pushed the governor away from the point of death died in his stead.

2. People are angry with PMB, hence, the transfer of aggression. So many people are hungry, desolate,unemployed, underemployed, some have even lost their jobs during this PMB era, recession is seriously biting hard on people. So, many people are looking for opportunity to lash out on him.

PMB too need to wake up from his sleep, it's two years already, he need to act fast and make Nigerians happy again.
Enough of blame games and excuses.

You are cool
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by stinggy(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2016
sarrki:
I DON'T see anything wrong with the statement.

If there's a tragedy I will CONGRATULATE those who survived

I may be wrong, right or in btw...But I don't see ANYTHING wrong with the statement...That's 'ME', 'MYSELF' & 'I'...
Of course you will, that's why you are what you are, no offence.
Commiserate with them, tell them FG will collaborate with AKS government to help those in need of health care and other things, pray for the repose of those who lost their lives (since Nigeria is a religious state) and pray for fortitude for the who lost their loved ones.
That's how I believe a President should go about it.
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by sarrki(m): 7:47am On Dec 12, 2016
stinggy:

Of course you will, that's why you are what you are, no offence.
Commiserate with them, tell them FG will collaborate with AKS government to help those in need of health care and other things, pray for the repose of those who lost their lives (since Nigeria is a religious state) and pray for fortitude for the who lost their loved ones.
That's how I believe a President should go about it.

Editor in chief thanks

We are all learning , that's why I say to me I see nothing wrong with the speech
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by stinggy(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2016
sarrki:

Editor in chief thanks

We are all learning , that's why I say to me I see nothing wrong with the speech
I hail you, Chief columnist.

Well, to me too, the part of congratulating those whose survived is wrong.
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by sarrki(m): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2016
stinggy:

I hail you, Chief columnist.

Well, to me too, the part of congratulating those whose survived is wrong.

Feedback taking bro
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Oliviaxx(f): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Lol...Nigerians will always find a fault with whatever Buhari says lwkm.... but in this case, 'thank God/Allah' would have been better than 'congratulations'. Congratulations ke? haba bubu
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Metroescobar: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2016
grin

Garba shehu right now!

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by AlPeter: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Lol...Nigerians will always find a fault with whatever Buhari says lwkm.... but in this case, 'thank God/Allah' would have been better than 'congratulations'. Congratulations ke? haba bubu
A friend of yours escaped unhurt from an accident in which every other person died won't you congratulate him or her?
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by dpoj: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2016
AlPeter:
A friend of yours escaped unhurt from an accident in which every other person died won't you congratulate him or her?

Not when I also have another friend of equal significant die through the accident.
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by idupaul: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2016
Benikuuse:

How will you see anything wrong with the speech when you don't even know the difference between "dumb " and "dump".

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by idupaul: 9:51am On Dec 12, 2016
sarrki:

Thanks

Same way I see nothing wrong in the speech

And you also saw nothing wrong with his use of dump instead of dumb
Re: Nigerians React To The Condolence Speech Of President Buhari To Governor Udom by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2016
Two buses are involved in a ghastly accident, many people are dead, many more permanently maimed and one or two lucky unscathed survivors. One of the survivors comes online to narrate his ordeal and Nigerians are like "Hallelujah, the Lord is great! God shall never leave his people, God saved you for a reason, Almighty God, bless his Holy name."
No one takes one second to consider the anguish loved ones of the deceased are currently facing wherever they are, people are concerned with the super story behind the great escape of whoever is sharing the testimony.

President Buhari congratulates a governor for escaping death as well as condoling the state for the loss of loved ones...... and everyone goes bonkers. Wtf?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokiri Finally Releases Tape 3 Audio Of Amaechi Insulting Buhari / BREAKING:APC Reveals What Alao-akala Demanded Before Supporting Adelabu / Their Presidential Candidate Kwankwaso Lost Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.