Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters (1963 Views)

RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by okuneddie(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2016
Whether all these quotes are true or not, I cannot say for sure. Some God-haters today will deny that such things were ever said. I am not a personal witness to them, but none of them would surprise me. Don’t wait until YOU are in the place these people were before you decide to believe in a Holy God who requires that you humbly accept His terms of salvation.

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: “I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months’ life.” (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) “Then I shall die and go to hell!” (His nurse said: “For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness.”)
Thomas Hobbs political philosopher “I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark.”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: “You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed “I am in flames!” It is said his “desperation was a horrible scene”.
Caesar Borgia: “While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die.”
Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: “Stay with me, for God’s sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? “I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don’t leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one.”
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by okuneddie(m): 9:22am On Dec 12, 2016
Anton LeVey author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. Some of his famous quotes are “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were “Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong…there is something very wrong….”
Robert Ingersoll: “O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!” (Some say it was this way: “Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!”)
Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: “I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”
Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England “Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty.”
Charles IX was the French king who urged on by his mother, gave the order for the massacre of the French Huguenots, in which 15,000 souls were slaughtered in Paris alone and 100,000 in other sections of France, for no other reason than that they loved Christ. The guilty king suffered miserably for years after that event. He finally died, bathed in blood bursting from his veins. To his physicians he said in his last hours: “Asleep or awake, I see the mangled forms of the Huguenots passing before me. They drop with blood. They point at their open wounds. Oh! That I had spared at least the little infants at the bosom! What blood! I know not where I am. How will all this end? What shall I do? I am lost forever! I know it. Oh, I have done wrong.”
David Strauss, leading representative of German rationalism, after spending a lifetime erasing belief in God from the minds of others: “My philosophy leaves me utterly forlorn! I feel like one caught in the merciless jaws of an automatic machine, not knowing at what time one of its great hammers may crush me!”
In a Newsweek interview with Svetlana Stalin, the daughter of Josef Stalin, she told of her father’s death: “My father died a difficult and terrible death. . God grants an easy death only to the just. . At what seemed the very last moment he suddenly opened his eyes and cast a glance over everyone in the room. It was a terrible glance, insane or perhaps angry. . His left hand was raised, as though he were pointing to something above and bringing down a curse on us all. The gesture was full of menace. . The next moment he was dead.”
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by EyeHateGod: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2016
Eyehategod says this is all bullshit grin
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by emmanuelchux(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Back in school there were sometimes we skip classes only to hear rumours of Test to be written next day. It's always better to do something about those rumours. It's better you read as much as you can and find out there's no test than to disregard the rumours only to find out there's test that morning when you're seated.

Same thing with these atheists. It's better I believe in God, then I find out in the after life there is no God actually. Than to disregard and oppose his existence only to shout oooops! when I've crossed over to the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by hopefulLandlord: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2016
emmanuelchux:
Back in school there were sometimes we skip classes only to hear rumours of Test to be written next day. It's always better to do something about those rumours. It's better you read as much as you can and find out there's no test than to disregard the rumours only to find out there's test that morning when you're seated.
Same thing with these atheists. It's better I believe in God, then I find out in the after life there is no God actually. Than to disregard and oppose his existence only to shout oooops! when I've crossed over to the other side.

you're pulling "Pascal's Wager"

do I need to tell you the illogicality of it?

5 Likes

Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by EyeHateGod: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2016
emmanuelchux:

joseph1013:
[b]SALINE BATH TO PREVENT EBOLA INFECTION ANNIVERSARY

Exactly a year and one day ago, in Nigeria, some people had a saline bath to prevent ebola infection. Happy anniversary to that stupidity!

Thinking back on that experience, I could glean some lessons.

There were 2 groups of people

A) those who were absolutely sure by reason of their scientific knowledge that a saline bath could NOT prevent ebola infection. I belonged here.
B) those who were not sure.

Let's focus on group B. Group B could be divided further into 2:

B1) those who were not sure but were ready to VERIFY before going ahead with it &
B2) those who were not sure but didn't bother to VERIFY before going ahead.

I remember that some folks in group B1 called some medical practioners to find out about the hoax. They were the wise ones. Group B2 folks just went ahead perhaps because of natural incapability or fear of the unknown.

This fear of the unknown is also called Pascal wager. It says: if you say XYZ is true and it ends up being untrue (false positive), you have nothing to lose but if you say it's untrue and it ends up being true (false negative), you have everything to lose. That's why some people fell into group B2. In fact, some people planned to have the saline bath first before calling to verify and they did just that.

The fear of the unknown is not a proof that anything is true. Fear can't be a proof. The only way to be sure if anything is true is to verify. While there are answers already to some questions, the whole humanity still doesn't have answers to some questions. Most of such questions form the bedrock of religious belief. Concerning such, we're all in group B. We're uncertain. We don't know. But why some people will recklessly go ahead & practise what they believe without evidence (B2), some others will be circumspect to VERIFY before practising (B1).

Hoaxes build up over time. We finally discovered that the saline bath was invented by just 2 people who started it on social media & by 24 hours, thousands of people had had a saline bath. Now imagine a hoax that has perhaps lasted for thousands of years! Hoaxes also consolidate with time. Any lie can become the 'truth' if it stays around long enough.

People start rationalizing it and it becomes difficult to break. I remember how it later became difficult to convince people against the saline bath.

I even came across a highly placed, educated, individual who became so attached to the saline bath hoax that he started justifying it despite all contrary evidence. If that could happen for a cheap hoax that only existed for 72 hours, imagine a hoax that has grown over thousands of years!

Pascal wager fails & concerning beliefs, why do we need to belong to B1? 2 reasons:

1) Because the whole belief may be a hoax. The saline bath was a hoax invented by some people for whatever reason.

Reasons similarly exist for people who invented beliefs too. Would you rather try to verify a belief or would you be content to have fallen for someone else's cheap hoax?

2) Pascal wager talks about a false positive as if it's innocuous. But it isn't. Those who had the saline bath because of Pascal wager suffered a lot. In fact, a number of people died & another sizeable number were only saved by emergency care in the hospital. That's apart from the inconvenience in those who didn't even fall sick.

So doing false positives — doing something just to be on the safer side without evidence — comes with its negative effects too.

Moral:
It pays to have some evidence for anything before engaging yourself in it.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2016
Does OP know what they call urban legend?

we've heard many before and many more would come after

Darwin was said to have confessed that doG exists

Hitchens too

both were later proven to be a hoax perpetrated by deluded Christian apologists to keep their flock in line with fear and trembling

the saddest thing about these "imagined" deathbed confessions is that, even if they were real, they could hardly be seen as victories for Christ. They are stories in which the final pain of a fatal disease, or the fear of imminent death and eternal punishment, is identified as the factor necessary for otherwise rational people to believe in the supernatural.

If mental torture is required to effect a conversion, what does that say about the reliability of the fundamental premises of Christianity to begin with? Evangelicals would be better advised to concentrate on converting the living. Converting the deceased suggests only that they can’t convince those who can argue back. They should let the dead rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
OK
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by edogho(m): 6:22am On Dec 13, 2016
As long as Cesare Borgia is listed there, how can one trust the rest of your claims.
Don't you know the man? Google is not far bro...
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2016
okuneddie:
Whether all these quotes are true or not, I cannot say for sure. Some God-haters today will deny that such things were ever said. I am not a personal witness to them, but none of them would surprise me. Don’t wait until YOU are in the place these people were before you decide to believe in a Holy God who requires that you humbly accept His terms of salvation.

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: “I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months’ life.” (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) “Then I shall die and go to hell!” (His nurse said: “For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness.”)
Thomas Hobbs political philosopher “I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark.”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: “You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed “I am in flames!” It is said his “desperation was a horrible scene”.
Caesar Borgia: “While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die.”
Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: “Stay with me, for God’s sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? “I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don’t leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one.”
You just copied the entire thing from
http://www.christian-faith.com/quotes-of-dying-atheists-and-god-haters/

Which isn't even the worst part, the worst part is that you deceitfully left out the part where the original writer stated that

"Whether all these quotes are true or not, I cannot say for sure. Some God-haters today will deny that such things were ever said. I am not a personal witness to them, but none of them would surprise me."

And of course most of the so called quotes can't be proven by any credible source, its just badly put together lies.
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by UyiIredi(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2016
I don't believe this nonsense. And there are many examples of atheists who died peacefully. Tai Solarin for instance.
Re: Quotes Of Dying Atheists And God Haters by Yossarian: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2016
UyiIredi:
I don't believe this nonsense. And there are many examples of atheists who died peacefully. Tai Solarin for instance.

Many atheists died peacefully, of course. So many indeed that it has become commonplace. The real thrills are those who, confronted by death and the terror of eternal punishment, utilized the moment of their mortality to shoot one last witticism at God; not in bitterness, for that would be inconsistent with atheism, but purely for their own amusement, which is heightened all the more by the horror of pious witnesses.

One example is that dying man who was urged by a troubled priest to renounce the devil, to which he responded, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

(1) (Reply)

Who Is God? / Dear Christians,please Say Something About This / Was Man Created With The Intention To Fall Into Sin From The Beginning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.