Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana (12024 Views)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots / Hassana and Huseina Edili Ogaji: Meet Nigeria’s First Female Twin Pilots (Photo) / Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by BornStunner1: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2016
Lagos—THE Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, at the weekend suspended the medical certificates of five Cabin crews over drug-related offences.

The crew, whose names were yet to be disclosed were said to have tested positive to marijuana during Drug Screening Test, MDST, conducted on participants of the Cabin Crew Training Basic Course – 30 (CCTB – 30 ) at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) Zaria, Kaduna State According to Mr Sam Adurogboye, General Manager, Public Relations, NCAA, the Substance, marijuana, is deemed under Part 1.2.1.8. of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig. NCARs) 2015 to be a psychoactive substance which made the defaulters disoriented and thereby violated Part 2.11.2.7 (b) (2) (a) (ii) of the Nig. NCARs 2015. Adurogboye said “The five crew members (names withheld) tested positive to marijuana (Tetra Hydro Cannabinol – THC.) “Upon receipt of the test result from NCAT Zaria where they went for training before they get involved in flight duties, NCAA issued a letter of investigation (LOI) to the involved crew members and they responded.

” He added that: “The Authority accordingly considered their responses which were in writing after it had been duly established that they all tested positive to Tetra Hydro Cannabinol (THC – Marijuana). “Consequent upon the findings, the defaulted crew members no longer meet the requirements for the issuance of a Cabin Crew licence. In the light of the above and in accordance with the provision of Part 2.11.1.8 (f) (i) of the Nig. NCARs 2015, the Authority resolves as follows: “Suspended their medical certificate for a period of 180 days from the date of receipt of NCAA letter to them. And Put on hold the processing of their initial cabin crew licence.

“They were requested to repeat the examination but will not be issued the cabin crew licence even if they pass the examination until they are successfully rehabilitated and re-issued the medical certificate. “NCAA has therefore mandated the suspended Cabin Crew members to undergo rehabilitation for psychoactive substance abuse under the strict supervision of a consultant psychiatrist at designated medical centres forthwith”.

“At the end of the rehabilitation exercise, a report is expected to be forwarded in strict confidence by the medical centre to the Authority for consideration of re -issuance of their medical certificate in accordance with the provisions of Part 2.2.9.2 (a) of the Nig. NCARs 2015. “The Authority expects strict compliance by the suspended crew members without which their medical certificates would not be issued.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/ncaa-suspends-5-cabin-crews-testing-positive-marijuana/

1 Share

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by BornStunner1: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2016

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Mutuwa(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2016
Getting High in the air?
Chai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Firefire(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
Hmmm
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Atiku2019: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by BornStunner1: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Guy you are funny oo seems you have an Atiku meme for every news grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by idupaul: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2016
Plane takes you high ,Marijuana takes you high ::abeg flight na flight

3 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Atiku2019: 11:20am On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

Guy you are funny oo seems you have an Atiku meme for every news grin grin grin

grin grin Brother how we go do na

18 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by veekid(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
But weed is good now

11 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by TINALETC3(f): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
K
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by BrutalJab: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
grin
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by engrjacuzzi: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
that's good. Nigeria will be great again
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by LEOSIRSIR(m): 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
am not understanding
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by torres89: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
this is crap
so pilots can't get high when flying high

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by boboLIL(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
I have nothing to say

8 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by OMOTOWO(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Awon apaayan..they should be tried for attempted murder ..
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Lordfranklin(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
chai!
This is serious
After smoking marijuana they will start playing super man with passengers abi?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
good b4 them sleep 4 cockpit and u no the next calamity
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
When you weed and fly...

Soul Plane Part 2

2 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
LEOSIRSIR:
am not understanding
Water you not hunder standing.
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by tyav7: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Scary
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by PBundles(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mary J can stay in your system very long. If they tested hair or nail samples as long as 6 months. I doubt they smoked off duty as I dont think ( i hope not) they would be stupid enough to do it on duty. I dont know the rules of employment, so if its states they will be randomly tested they should take that into effect. Pretty crappy for them I suppose........................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by vivianbelema(f): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
This is serious. Flying a plane under the influence of marijuana. The judgement serves them right.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Aregs(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bad news for them welcome to the Labour market

1 Like

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by fratermathy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bad pilots.

That is how they'll get stoned one day and think that the Atlantic Ocean is Heathrow Airport.

4 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by naijacentric(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
So pilot sef dey smoke? Am speechless

1 Like

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by martyns303(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
naijacentric:

Yes, but not hard drugs....

Aviation medicals is very very rigorous.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by dapatro: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
see dem
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by Ngalaba1(f): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Abeg...leave this distraction news. I am not impressed. I advise FG to sack plus including NCAA and other related Aviation body top ogas. All of them and replace with people who have integrity. Imagine our airports putting notices that A.Cs are not working? Imagine them having dilapidated furniture? Infact imagine Arik Airline graduating from master's degree in flights cancellations and delays to a phd yet their licence is not revoked? Because some well positioned politicians and NCAA ogas have shares or benefit in some monetary way or otherwise abi?
They think they are doing me? They are doing themselves. Idiats!!!
Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by olayemite(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
@op those people that were suspended on the ground of Marijuana intake aren't pilot but Cabin Crew Executives. This issue happened during the course of their training at NCAT, Zaria sometimes this year (July precisely), I was in NCAT when those 5 ladies were caught and sent to the college's clinic for medical test. Please let's desist from spreading false information

8 Likes

Re: NCAA Suspends 5 Pilots For Testing Positive To Marijuana by batstan(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
naijacentric:
The best.
Why should I drink and drive when I can smoke and fly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Fintech Or A Bank Job? / 8 Ways Your Résumé Can Be Unprofessional / Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.