Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone (1324 Views)

The Fall Of Opera Mini.. Any Capable Replacement...??? / Itel P51: Unboxing My New Android Phone / 2012 And 2013 Phones Capable Of Challenging The Most Current Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2016
Good day guys. I intend getting a 4g enabled phone between tomorrow and friday. I've scoured and searched online and found lots of 4g enabled phones. Only problem is it's been difficult finding a 4g phone compatible with the 4g services GLO offers. GLO have a cheaper data rate and they're very good in my area. So good people please recommend 4g phones that'll work with GLO network. Thank you as you help.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by ritababe(f): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
low tecno w3 lite. High tecno phantom 6+

1 Like

Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by olayinkajnr(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
ritababe:
low tecno w3 lite.
High tecno phantom 6+

Tecno W3 lite and Phantom 6+ don't have a 4G band that supports glo band 28 4G connectivity.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by DllMartins: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
It's not so difficult. 1st question is, how much do you have. 2nd question is must it b new or "London used". I quoted it cos London used phone are simple nearly used phones, at least they look clean.

First advice is -take your time. 1st time you go to the market, go without your money and go round the market..That's assuming u will be checking computer village Lagos. I think the big stores offer cheaper prices and they at less likely to dupe you besides, the warranty applies.

2nd thing is what do you want in a phone,(battery life, display quality, camera quality, 4g, etc) usually the best low end phones go for BTW 45-65...thanks to the naira-dollar rates.

Check online reviews on whatever phone u think u will like. Know what people are saying abt it, complaints and the rest.

Most low end phones have an issue of the other. It's better u know of it and r ready before you are frustrated.

I think one important thing is also the RAM size. Most people eventually get frustrated by their phones because of this. If ur phone is 1gb ram or less. Most likely u,' lol be limited in the no. Of applications you can install on it before it becomes sluggish and errors start to come up...

Summary, take your time. It's not always abt the brand.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
ritababe:
low tecno w3 lite.
High tecno phantom 6+

Thanks very much for your input, i appreciate it. While the phantom 6+ looks really great. It would be unwise of me to spend that much since i already have a solid samsung tab that has been servjng me well for 7 months plus. Checked the w3 LTE and it's not so bad, especially for the cost. It seem to suit my exact need. Only hesitation is the battery life even with that though, i don't mind getting a power bank.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
DllMartins:
It's not so difficult. 1st question is, how much do you have. 2nd question is must it b new or "London used". I quoted it cos London used phone are simple nearly used phones, at least they look clean.

First advice is -take your time. 1st time you go to the market, go without your money and go round the market..That's assuming u will be checking computer village Lagos. I think the big stores offer cheaper prices and they at less likely to dupe you besides, the warranty applies.

2nd thing is what do you want in a phone,(battery life, display quality, camera quality, 4g, etc) usually the best low end phones go for BTW 45-65...thanks to the naira-dollar rates.

Check online reviews on whatever phone u think u will like. Know what people are saying abt it, complaints and the rest.

Most low end phones have an issue of the other. It's better u know of it and r ready before you are frustrated.

I think one important thing is also the RAM size. Most people eventually get frustrated by their phones because of this. If ur phone is 1gb ram or less. Most likely u,' lol be limited in the no. Of applications you can install on it before it becomes sluggish and errors start to come up...

Summary, take your time. It's not always abt the brand.

Thanks bro. I've done all you listed above, thing is i have only one requirement, a 4g phone supported by GLO as i heard different 4g phones have different bands and our telcos only offer 4g services for some of the bands (this part tire me). I have a samsung galaxy tab e 9.6 with great specs and all, but it does not offer 4g support. I might go along with the recommendation of anyone who has used glo 4g lte service. Concerning budget, i wouldn't want to spend above 90k as i already have a 70k+ tab in excellent condition. It'll be nice to get more feedback and help.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by lexrichy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
teelaw4life:

Thanks bro. I've done all you listed above, thing is i have only one requirement, a 4g phone supported by GLO as i heard different 4g phones have different bands and our telcos only offer 4g services for some of the bands (this part tire me). I have a samsung galaxy tab e 9.6 with great specs and all, but it does not offer 4g support. I might go along with the recommendation of anyone who has used glo 4g lte service. Concerning budget, i wouldn't want to spend above 90k as i already have a 70k+ tab in excellent condition. It'll be nice to get more feedback and help.
buy my alcatel pop 4 plus @ 36k.it supports all 4g networks including glo 4g.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by GrandMufti: 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
teelaw4life:

Xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition

Follow this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-/87#51843902

Thank me later
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
lexrichy:
buy my alcatel pop 4 plus @ 36k.it supports all 4g networks including glo 4g.

Contact pls?
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by Bossman(m): 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
GLO uses LTE band 28 (700 mhz). A very rare LTE band, so a lot of phones do not support this band. And the ones that do are not cheap. Very few countries use that band 28. The recent iphones, the high-end samsungs, and a few other phones do support that band.

My suspicion is that GLO is aware of that (they can determine how many LTE connections they are getting), and they are probably doing what they can to deploy LTE on one of the other common LTE bands used in Europe/Africa, such as 3, 7, or 20.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by lexrichy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
teelaw4life:

Contact pls?
my no is 08112908073
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by DllMartins: 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
teelaw4life:

I just saw ur post. Could have gone to check out computer village. Will go check to day and get across to you. Do u want a 4" or 5" phone? Will get across to you though
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:06am On Dec 15, 2016
teelaw4life:
Good day guys. I intend getting a 4g enabled phone between tomorrow and friday. I've scoured and searched online and found lots of 4g enabled phones. Only problem is it's been difficult finding a 4g phone compatible with the 4g services GLO offers. GLO have a cheaper data rate and they're very good in my area. So good people please recommend 4g phones that'll work with GLO network. Thank you as you help.

Check this list here:

http://ashipaek0.xyz/universal4g/
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thank you very much guys for your help. Eventually bought the Alcatel Pop 4 plus today at finet Ikeja. But not before I'd wasted money by buying the Tecno W3 LTE day before yesterday only to find put Glo 4g doesn't work on it. Anyway, currently blazing glo 4g on Alcatel. So far so good, i like what I'm getting. Thank you once more guys.
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by dustmalik: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
teelaw4life:
Thank you very much guys for your help. Eventually bought the Alcatel Pop 4 plus today at finet Ikeja. But not before I'd wasted money by buying the Tecno W3 LTE day before yesterday only to find put Glo 4g doesn't work on it. Anyway, currently blazing glo 4g on Alcatel. So far so good, i like what I'm getting. Thank you once more guys.
How much did you buy the pop 4 plus?
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by osazeeiyeks(m): 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
please how much was the alcatel and where in did you buy it?
Re: Help Me Recommend The Right 4G Capable Android Phone by teelaw4life(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
dustmalik:

How much did you buy the pop 4 plus?

39k at Finet.

(1) (Reply)

The #buhariprice Of Tecno Phantom 6 / Do This Survey And Get Free N200 Airtime From Etisalat / Why Are Tecno Phones Cheap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.