Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,892 members, 7,852,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Let Me Tell You Some Of My Ideas Of Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Me Tell You Some Of My Ideas Of Politics (493 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge Now Subject Of Politics, Insult To Ndigbo, Rights Group Laments / Clampdown On Intels: Stay Clear Of Politics, Frank Tells FIRS, NPA / Retired Generals Warn Military To Stay Out Of Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Tell You Some Of My Ideas Of Politics by easytech1(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2016
12th December, 2016.

To all Nigerian Politicians including aspiring ones,

Dear Sir/Ma,

I am not very good with pun. Permit me to itemize my points for easy comprehension:
1. To me it’s a game in which you don’t fight anyone, anyhow. Leaders don’t have enemy but challengers: offenders and critics.
2. Governance is about advancing people’s cause. If you have no pragmatic plans for us, you better stay away. You cannot embezzle and go scot-free, your generation will pay.
3. Know thyself and immediately you are convinced that your opponents have better ideas, pleased step aside or revisit your plans.
4. If you are not in total control of your life, don’t near governance. Not an order; but a plea.
5. It is not a blind-competition; but a regulated one. It’s purely service to humanity.
6. It is not an avenue to test your self confidence, please don’t waste our time.
7. You can’t govern forever. Don’t try to build-up on power instead build-up patriotism and selflessness.
8. A leader must never be diplomatic with fact. You must always choose a side – which is best for your people.
9. You know your capability better. If you are not up to the task, please save us the stress. Don’t let us waste our vote to reject you. Better positioned candidates deserve more space please.
10. It is not a task or repertoire of ego. Keep your ego in your house please. Cherish/respect criticisms and insults. They are resources; use them wisely.
11. Your business owes employees’ months’ salary and you think you can do wonder as people’s representative? You must be dreaming… please wake up!
12. Loyalty, to you, should mean saying the truth even if nobody likes it. Be a good adviser.
13. You can’t sacrifice your (and your family’s) comfort for the people? Please stay in your house. Leaders are servants and servants don’t seek self comfort over masters’.
14. You know someone cannot handle himself but you dash him your support; please wake up. Your offspring deserve better.
15. Politics has gone beyond a doctrine where you support people sentimentally or base on familiarity. Any iota of doubt? Please save him the embarrassment.
16. *Nairalanders, i trust you.... will you add yours now?*

Yours faithfully,

© Administrator Ismail
Re: Let Me Tell You Some Of My Ideas Of Politics by angeltolly(f): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2016
Really? Okay....... But then

Re: Let Me Tell You Some Of My Ideas Of Politics by easytech1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
angeltolly:
Really? Okay....... But then

na you grin grin

(1) (Reply)

All Yee Apc Stans Show Ur Face / Court Freezes Patience Jonathan’s Multiple Accounts / Ondo Bans Any Eze Ndi Igbo Title In The Entire State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.