Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? (3066 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by JeSoul(f): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
To Seun and the NL powers that be, this section is deteriorating with each passing day, and turning into one long endless rant after rant against christianity. A once vibrant section with interesting, funny, challenging and intellectual topics has become a trash dump for unfortunates with beef against religion to unload their grievances that frankly would be better off shared with a psychaitrist.

So since we have begged, kissed behinds, sucked up and pleaded for intervention and it has fallen on deaf ears, I think it would better to rename the "Religion" section to "Bash Christianity/Religion" section - it would be by far a more accurate description of this section.

1 Like

Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by muhsin(m): 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
Really?
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Godmother(f): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
lol
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by PastorAIO: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
Well the muslims got their own section.  But I blame those 'christians' that couldn't let well enough alone and had to go and antagonize the moslems in their section.  I think that as a result they have come back to return fire with fire.  I think that more moslems open threads here than they do on the islam section.  

99 per cent (no I haven't done a statistical survey) of the posts here will be better off being discussed with a psychiatrist as Jesoul has said.  Those of us that consider the forum a joke will continue to indulge our twisted sense of humour until such a time that we become bored of it and then will probably quit.  

But I thought all this was discussed a while back and there was some attempt to do something by changing the moderators or something like that.  has that attempt failed?
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by manmustwac(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
Personally i would like to lock quite a few topics that have appeared over the last few days because i feel they are just trying to antagonize the christians. You'd know that some of these posters have a deep hatred of christianity just by reading thier topic titles and the way they keep posting anti-christian messages. And the same thing is going on by christians in the muslim section, and as long as thier not breaking the Nairaland Rules And Regulations am powerless to do anything about it.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by JeSoul(f): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
Pastor AIO:
Those of us that consider the forum a joke will continue to indulge our twisted sense of humour until such a time that we become bored of it and then will probably quit.
 A joke that has stopped being funny for a while now. I dunno if you've noticed but many regulars have left.

But I thought all this was discussed a while back and there was some attempt to do something by changing the moderators or something like that.  has that attempt failed?  
It was destined to. An atheist moderator was added but it did absolutely nuthin to better the section becos the same riff-raffs are still scurrying about competing with each other on who can open the most threads to bash christianity.

The issue has been discussed more than 10 times, and the administration no gree, so therefore they should just change the name so unsuspecting visitors are not misled and tricked into thinking this is actually a religion section where civil and profitable debates and discussions occur.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
manmustwac:

Personally i would like to lock quite a few topics that have appeared over the last few days because i feel they are just trying to antagonize the christians. You'd know that some of these posters have a deep hatred of christianity just by reading thier topic titles and the way they keep posting anti-christian messages. And the same thing is going on by christians in the muslim section, and as long as thier not breaking the Nairaland Rules And Regulations am powerless to do anything about it.
You're right brotha. I guess its tit for tat, eye for eye and the entire place is going blind.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by mrperfect(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
why the unnecessary fight and post on the first place?
people should try to comport them selves.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by mazaje(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ OP. . . I think the same thing can be said of the Islam section. . . Bash Islam section. . lol. . .
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Enigma(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2011
JeSoul:

You're right brotha.  I guess its Bosom for tat, eye for eye and the entire place is going blind.

"Bosom for tat"!!!

This forum's language filter is genius!  grin

PS sorry to resurrect this old thread of which I was unaware; I simply followed a link from another thread and couldn't resist tit for tat.  smiley
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sisi Jesoul, how about renaming the religion forum, "Bash All That Is Non-Christian Forum" ? I believe that would be much more appropriate because a lot of that goes on around here as well. Afterall, what is christianity without the demonization(extreme bashing) of anything outside it's dogmatic boundaries?
JeSoul:

To Seun and the NL powers that be, this section is deteriorating with each passing day, and turning into one long endless rant after rant against christianity. A once vibrant section with interesting, funny, challenging and intellectual topics has become a trash dump for unfortunates with beef against religion to unload their grievances that frankly would be better off shared with a psychaitrist.

So since we have begged, kissed behinds, sucked up and pleaded for intervention and it has fallen on deaf ears, I think it would better to rename the "Religion" section to "Bash Christianity/Religion" section - it would be by far a more accurate description of this section.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
Now, that is funny. grin
Enigma:

"Bosom for tat"!!!

Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
And now that you are a mod yourself, how about it? grin
Jenwitemi:

Sisi Jesoul, how about renaming the religion forum, "Bash All That Is Non-Christian Forum" ? I believe that would be much more appropriate because a lot of that goes on around here as well. Afterall, what is christianity without the demonization(extreme bashing) of anything outside it's dogmatic boundaries?
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Guy u have started again. Now lets be fair in terms of ranking based on percentage, Which side do u think get the most bashing on Nl religion section main board?
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2011
All that is non-christian gets the highest percentage, brethren. Just go through the forum archive for evidence. You only think that christianity is getting the bad end of the stick because you are a christian and you never notice it when you and your brethrens are dishing it out to non-christians.
toba:

Guy u have started again. Now lets be fair in terms of ranking based on percentage, Which side do u think get the most bashing on Nl religion section main board?
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
toba:

Muslims and other heathens. Certain fundamentalist christians are WMDs when it comes to attacking others and calling it " love"
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Jenwitemi:

All that is non-christian gets the highest percentage, brethren. Just go through the forum archive for evidence. You only think that christianity is getting the bad end of the stick because you are a christian and you never notice it when you and your brethrens are dishing it out to non-christians.
What goes around, comes around, i guess. wink
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
jenwitemi. lol Hope all is well, with this one that u are quoting and replying yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by mazaje(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
And till today this issue has not been addressed.

We have all sorts of people , such as atheists and agnostic souls disrupting proper Christian conversation without any intervention by the moderators.

But you dare raise an issue about the religion of peace , ISLAM , and they are all over you like a ton of bricks.

Are we now ruled more by fear that truth !!!!!!!!!

I say give the Christians a section and let the atheists and agnostic misled souls spout thier rubbish on the general religion forum  
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
All is well, thank you. There is nothing wrong in quoting one's post if the quote compliments the post, see? wink
toba:

jenwitemi. lol Hope all is well, with this one that u are quoting and replying yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Joagbaje(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
JeSoul:

A joke that has stopped being funny for a while now. I dunno if you've noticed but many regulars have left.

Moderators should enforce compliance to rules. I know few people who had left posting here, because the place doesn't look too responsible for their liking. If the moderators abide and follow rules as in any forum all over the world, more responsible people will have respect for the forum.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by JeSoul(f): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lol. Who dug up this 2yr old topic?

Brother Jenwitemi lol. Go siddon jor cheesy

Unfortunately as I've found out, one man's 'bashing' is another man's 'freedom of speech'. It is not our job to muzzle speech just because you/we don't like what they're saying.

As long as forum rules are not broken. Those complaining rules are not enforced, I have not seen any complaints recently from any of you. abeg hold your peace if you have not reported on the mod thread or via the link. Mods are not omnipresent & cannot see everything happening on every single thread.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by globexl: 5:20am On Sep 21, 2011
When ever you post your views on a public forum, you have to expect responses from others that may repudiate or discredit your viewpoint. There is nothing wrong with that. This is afterall, a public forum and not a house fellowship as some might wish to believe. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having healthy debates about religion. The problem is with posters Like FROSBEL who spews nothing but insults and hate at anyone whose viewpoints differ from hers. I am surprised that the moderators leave her unchallenged to go from one thread to another spewing her messages of hate to muslims, jehovas witnesses, catholics, athiests and even her fellow churchtians.
FROSBEL is the one person that poisons every thread because once she enters a thread,the tone of the thread immediately changes from discussion to insults. If you doubt it, just check all the archives. She is clearly not mature enough for healthy debates. There too much hate in her heart.
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing if we can stick to the issues and desist from insulting others.
Lets act like grown ups.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 21, 2011
Frosbel is the main cause ofinsanity in this forum.In every thread he opens he is either bashing catholics,muslims,atheists,WOFers,calvinists e.t.c
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Joagbaje(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2011
He's against the the christ that he thinks he defends. You don't have to attack other faiths or other religions to make christ known. Salvation and conviction is by the spirit. Just preach Jesus. Let the holyghost do his work. You may do well by attacking Mohamed and Koran , you can win the award of a basher but you are alone ,God is not with you in a fleshly fight.  The gospel is communicated by love, one of the rules in evangelism is "never attack religious leaders"  it will only stir offence, anger and defence. What a fruitless labour.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 3:2-3
2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. 3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

1 Like

Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by JeSoul(f): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
^You guys are still not giving me anything to go on. Everyone is free to "bash" whatever or whoever they want as long as they're not breaking the rules. The fact Jo you feel frosbel is preaching a false gospel is not grounds for chastisement.

Globexl, I have honestly not seen frosbel breaking any rules recently. Please post links to a thread whenever this happens in the 'complaint thread' so we can take proper action. Thanks.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
Yep, I agree with the title of this article !!!
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2011
Still a valid question.

Can we create an atheist bashing section as well.

Let me start with the cartoon , below !

grin
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Enigma(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
One interesting thing about the evangelical atheists in particular is their thin skin! They had been having a field day for quite sometime and then when they got a comparatively small dose of their own medicine for a few days many of them started whining like sissies and pansies - complaining that their very legitimate title of evangelical atheist (among others) is offensive and all that!

Nonsense --- if you can dish it, be prepared to receive it when it comes your way!

cool
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by God2man(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
There are people on this nairaland forum that a newly born again christian should not follow their teachings,if they do,it will be inimical to their christian growth,they are wolves in sheep clothing,they pretend to know God,but inwadly they are ravenous wolves,YES, they are here on nairaland,they will poison the mind of christian who are looking for solution to their problem, it is a pity that both the moderators and the administrator see nothing wrong in that,but they have forgotten that whatever we do in life come back to us whether good or bad,we reap what we sow,the best solution to this problem is to make it compulsory for anyone who want to antagonize or argue to particular christian thread to reduce their contribution to one or two posts per thread,this will ultimately create peace and reduce tension. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
mazaje: @ OP. . . I think the same thing can be said of the Islam section. . . Bash Islam section. . lol. . .
Not anymore. They have an overzealous non tolerant mod, thats non accommodating to any truth about islam sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

95% Nigerians Will Go To Hell- Fact / Some One Help, Eckankar Is It A Religion Or Occult / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.