Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan (671 Views)

Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Onazi Ogenyi Playing Keyboard On Emmanuel Tv / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan by fyneguy: 12:07am On Nov 14, 2009
Emmanuel, who has been an altar boy at The Synagogue Church of All Nations since he was five years old, wrecked the U-17 team of Spain. His goals came after Solomon Okoro’s first goal while Borjan scored Spain’s only goal.

The youngster, who will move to Sweden at the end of the junior World Cup, electrified the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos  immediately he was introduced into the match. He was a thorn in the flesh of the Spaniards with his blistering runs and ball control, which earned him two goals in the match, watched by a capacity crowd.

Emmanuel, who was introduced into the match in the 48th minute began to do damage to their opponents barely 23 minutes later. He scored a brace to take his goal haul in the competition to five, making him a joint top scorer with two other players from Uruguay and Spain.

The player, who was literally raised in the Synagogue, owned by Prophet T.B Joshua, has been described as the hottest super-sub of the ongoing competition.

Eaglets coach, John Obuh says Emmanuel has been very instrumental to his team’s success at the Nigeria 2009 World Cup. “Emmanuel has become my joker and he’s playing to instruction,” Obuh said.

Apart from the praises he has received from his people back in Ikotun, it was a carnival-like atmosphere as the worshippers celebrated the performance of one of their own till late yesterday. An elated Joshua, said: “I’m happy for  Emmanuel. This is a boy, who was abandoned by everyone as an orphan. But, I took him and raised him in the church and gave him and his brother scholarship to attend secondary school.

“When I noticed he’ll be a great footballer, I sent him to Sweden and registered him in my academy, My People F.C. So, I’m glad he’s making progress and the young boy will go places.”

http://thepmnews.com/2009/11/13/u-17-world-cup-sinagogue-boy-shines-again-wreck-spain
Re: Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan by Mufuadamu: 1:37am On Nov 14, 2009
Anything TB Joshua puts his hands to - there is success. The budding Super sub Sani Emmanuel is a perfect example. When will this country believe that truly, there is a prophet in our midst.
Re: Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan by hollandis(f): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2009
@mufuadamu i will believe him,if he his prophecy about todays matches falls in place
Re: Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan by chidyke77(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2009
I kinda lik dat prophet just for hs humbleness and kindness to d poor and orphans.
Re: Sani Emmanuel Is An Orphan by adebayo201: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
i wuld like the sport minister to choose TB Joshua as the coach of the Super Falcons grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

[DELETE THREAD PLEASE] / Heartland In Group Of Death, Drawn Against J S Kabile Ismaili And Al Ahly / Abramovich Form Up Hughes, Hiddink Chelsea Running Dream Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.