Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together (33168 Views)

Kenyan Couple Finally Wed, After Living Together For 67years (Photos) / Couple Wed After 9 Years Of "I'll Go & Make Money, Come Back & Marry You" / Pretty Lawyer Finally Marries Her Soldier Heartthrob After Years Of Dating. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by BrutalJab: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by LecciGucci: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
M
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by maxwelloweezy(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Marriage restitution
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by rickyrex(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hmmmmmmm... Atleast d spark is still there.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by kinibigdeal(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Keep trying am sure she's a secret admire. I will put it in prayers for you till we see a new topic on Nairaland "Opinion - Ishilove married HungerBAD--could this be LOVE?
HungerBAD:
Good to know he did the right thing at last.

This man is my role model.

Ishilove,this is exactly what I have been trying to tell you and you don't want to agree with me. Let's get married now and I will pay later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by abike12(f): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Awww this is sweet. I celebrate them more because they've done the difficult part - staying together for 27 years. I love her white gown, very appropriate. Hml!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by balanceofterror1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
fratermathy:

Lol. This guy again.

Na people like you dey keep women on hold for 20 years.

Just Prepare for FROG JUMP and I pray that your side chick won't be around to witness this.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by ernieboy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
If you asked me, I'd say this is just a waste of time and money. grin

An anniversary celebration party would have been better.
they were never officially married, which anniversary you want make dem do?
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by sweetcocoa(f): 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
ernieboy:

they were never officially married, which anniversary you want make dem do?
So they can't celebrate the anniversary of being together? And since when is An English wedding the yardstick for being "officially" married?
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by sisisioge: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
She's still so cute....nice.

Btw, I think in law once two people agree and cohabit together for a certain length of time, there's a spousal recognition somewhere. Hmmmm, I think it's in oyinbo land.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by castrokins(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol. Same Thing I've Been Telling Ladyf

HungerBAD:

Ishilove,this is exactly what I have been trying to tell you and you don't want to agree with me. Let's get married now and I will pay later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by ernieboy(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
So they can't celebrate the anniversary of being together? And since when is An English wedding the yardstick for being "officially" married?
being officially married means the man would have done all the necessary family requirements e.g payment of bride price. without this they were not officially husband and wife in the eyes of the law and of God.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
What is a brideprice? sad
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by sweetcocoa(f): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
ernieboy:

being officially married means the man would have done all the necessary family requirements e.g payment of bride price. without this they were not officially husband and wife in the eyes of the law and of God.
Well, I don't know if he paid family rites before now, I'm speaking based on the pictorial evidence before us.

I don't think church wedding is what's valid before the law.

Also, people can celebrate being together, you don't have to be married to have anniversaries.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
veekid:

that man's trousers ehn
I taught am d only one seeing that. We call this one mr salami
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by dreezybines: 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
buharimustlive:
Afonjas again

Both of them kept knacking themselves illegally.

Just like my neighbor BABA RONKE and his bedmate.
Father Lord please hide my sisters from these AFONJAS.

Give me a GOOD reason why you wont allow your sister marry an Afonja...

Just because one Afonja did something wrong doesnt make all Afonjas bad...
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by robosky02(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
higher purchase grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by ernieboy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Well, I don't know if he paid family rites before now, I'm speaking based on the pictorial evidence before us.

I don't think church wedding is what's valid before the law.

Also, people can celebrate being together, you don't have to be married to have anniversaries.
church wedding is not what legitimizes a marriage, rather it is the payment of the bride price and registering it with the govt. that matters that is why a couple can simply quietly do court registry without any ceremony and still have a valid marriage.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by abbeyty(m): 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tiny23:
Chai!when will my dad n mum do theirs?

maybe they are waiting for you to do yours first
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
abbeyty:

maybe they are waiting for you to do yours first

lol,maybe we gonna do two weddings on dat day.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by sweetcocoa(f): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
ernieboy:

church wedding is not what legitimizes a marriage, rather it is the payment of the bride price and registering it with the govt. that matters that is why a couple can simply quietly do court registry without any ceremony and still have a valid marriage.
Obviously.

Just needed to let you know there are anniversaries without marriage.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by 4nobody4every1: 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
HungerBAD:

,this is exactly what I have been trying to tell you and you don't want to agree with me. Let's get married now and I will pay later.

tongue

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by fratermathy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
balanceofterror1:

Just Prepare for FROG JUMP and I pray that your side chick won't be around to witness this.

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by ernieboy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Obviously.

Just needed to let you know there are anniversaries without marriage.
of course there are anniversaries for various things even bf and gf can have anniversaries to celebrate how long they have been dating, but a marriage anniversary can only be celebrated between two validly married persons.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by balanceofterror1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=fratermathy post=51902502][/quote]

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by sweetcocoa(f): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
ernieboy:

of course there are anniversaries for various things even bf and gf can have anniversaries to celebrate how long they have been dating, but a marriage anniversary can only be celebrated between two validly married persons.
I don't know why you are going in circles, I don't remember saying they should celebrate a marriage anniversary.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by EphraimBoat: 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Smart Man there.

Hey guys, If you need to book event vendors for your occasions, kindly visit www.vendorbus.com and you will find event vendors like Djs, Mcs, Photographers, Decorators and Ushers. Vendors can register on the platform for free.

Thank You.
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by fratermathy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2016

Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by harykeh(f): 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
The real story is that the family were opposing their union when they started but all Glory to God that are legally married now. Even the first born is married. To all haters and poke nosers, let see how yours will be
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by uzuede4(f): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tiny23:
Dem neva do dia own
Tiny23:
Dem neva do dia own
Re: Nigerian Man Completes Wife's Marriage Rites After 27 Years Of Living Together by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
uzuede4:
Dem neva do dia own Dem neva do dia own

lol,No na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother And Daughter Crying At Her Traditional Wedding / Bride Discovers Foam Inside Her Cake On Her Wedding Day / Corns, Biscuits On A Birthday Celebration Table.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.