Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs (4137 Views)

4 Recommended Ways To Boost Your Blog On Social Media / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy / Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:00am On Feb 11, 2017
Your blog should always stand out and improving it will certainly go a long way in boosting your Blog's online presence. Here are a few ways to improve your blog

Stay Updated With Accurate Information

A lot of Nigerian Bloggers like to update their blogs without verifying the accuracy of the information they post. Try to verify the authenticity of the information you post on your blog before publishing. Also make sure you use excellent grammar and punctuation.

Use Videos And High Quality Images

Videos and Images will make your site more informative and interactive. Not everyone will find it easy to read plenty of information. If your blog has a lot of tutorials then videos are certainly necessary.
High-quality images will give your blog readers a good impression about your blog. You can get a lot of stock images for your blog with free license at Pixabay, Canva and PicMonkey.

Attractive and Outstanding Design

Make your blog attractive and appealing for your visitors. Don't over use plugins. Too many plug ins may turn your blog into a war zone. Your blog should stand out and have an authentic appearance. It should be something that the visitor can easily remember. The color scheme and logo should be meaningful and carefully selected. I previously used a red and white color scheme but I later changed to yellow and black to match my new logo.

Make Your Blog Easy To Navigate

Users should be able to navigate your blog easily. The blog should be structured in a manner that allows the users to use it easily.The most important pages should be listed at the top. The link on the website should not be broken. Ensure that all the links to other pages are working smoothly. The site should also be responsive. All of the web browsers should be compatible with your blog from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox and Opera.

Strengthen Security

Those using are a little bit safe when it comes to this area. WordPress users should endeavor to keep updating their WordPress version to the latest version to avoid hacks. The REST API on WordPress had issues and has been patched in the latest version. Strengthening security will help visitors to feel safe when they work with you. You can also purchase an SSL certificate.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:00am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by simplemach(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Always update news about tonto dike and cossy bobby just like our dear Nairaland and your traffic will be as heavy as the road would be when pa Adeboye has a crusade in the National Stadium, if you think I am lying, ask uncle seun what made him succeed.
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by talk2archy: 7:25am On Feb 11, 2017
d
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by talk2archy: 7:26am On Feb 11, 2017
t
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by omenkaLives(m): 7:29am On Feb 11, 2017
This is like the millionth thread we've seen on the fp regarding blogging and it's management, yet, the only thing which bloggers seem to be most ardent at, which, ironically, has never been a part of these advice we've read over time, is LYING!

BLOGGERS LIE TOO FVCKING MUCH!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by sakalisis(m): 7:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Ogashub(m): 7:30am On Feb 11, 2017
angry
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Same old thing. Nigerian bloggers always forming expertise on nairaland. Meanwhile they rank 10,000,000 on alexa.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by profnew1: 7:31am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by ednut1(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2017
90% of naija bloggers are only wasting their time. They shud get a job

2 Likes

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by okrote4real: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by nmreports: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2017
ednut1:

Why did you say this?.
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by nmreports: 7:39am On Feb 11, 2017
coolesmile:
Same old thing. Nigerian bloggers always forming expertise on nairaland. Meanwhile they rank 10,000,000 on alexa.

Hahahhaahhaahahs you are evil.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by nmreports: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
This is like the millionth thread we've seen on the fp regarding blogging and it's management, yet, the only thing which bloggers seem to be most ardent at, which, ironically, has never been a part of these advice we've read over time, is LYING!

BLOGGERS LIE TOO FVCKING MUCH!

Not all. I dont.
My blog only offers help.
I update when I have information. Not everyday... I am not under pressure to give fake stories.

I offer career help, job insights, recruitment stages, and interview questions you are likely to meet when you get to the interview.

Check www.HRtechnique.com for updates on PWC, DPR and a host of other banks.

Will love your feedback.
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by ednut1(m): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
nmreports:

Why did you say this?.
because all they know how is copy and paste, have no niche, and publish lies for traffic

1 Like

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by nmreports: 7:46am On Feb 11, 2017
ednut1:
because all they know how is copy and paste, have no niche, and publish lies for traffic

I see. Okay thanks.
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by asekefatima(f): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Mayor38(m): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2017
OK WE DON HEAR
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Sanuzi(m): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by raziboi(m): 8:23am On Feb 11, 2017
OK..

NEXT!!
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2017
ednut1:
I totally agree with you
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Ugoeze2016: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2017
Please stop smiley
coolesmile:
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by losprince(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2017
Be like nairaland
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by kateskitty(f): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2017
Forget all this BS list about do this to improve your blog. Even with hard-core implementation of SEO, do you know how long it'll take for a page to show up in the first search page of Google?
Blogging used to be a gold mine for early adopters but like every gold mine, when many people go to mine from a particular location a time will come there will be nothing left.
Same is happening with blogging that we are now having this issue of fake news because it's easier to be the first with fake news than with real news which is everywhere
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Alphasoar(m): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2017
coolesmile:
Chai, pity someone small na haba! Someborry cannot come and go and be playing with you small ni?

1 Like

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Calismart(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2017
simplemach:
Always update news about tonto dike and cossy bobby just like our dear Nairaland and your traffic will be as heavy as the road would be when pa Adeboye has a crusade in the National Stadium, if you think I am lying, ask uncle seun what made him succeed.

Together with MMM stuff
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2017
ednut1:
u obviously knw nothing abt blogging in terms of copy and paste. copy and paste is normal when u include the source where it came from. m sure u havent heard about content curation. look it up and be informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by phiszo(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2017
Yeye bloggers. Posting lies for traffic since 1960.
Re: 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2017
kateskitty:
Forget all this BS list about do this to improve your blog. Even with hard-core implementation of SEO, do you know how long it'll take for a page to show up in the first search page of Google?
Blogging used to be a gold mine for early adopters but like every gold mine, when many people go to mine from a particular location a time will come there will be nothing left.
Same is happening with blogging that we are now having this issue of fake news because it's easier to be the first with fake news than with real news which is everywhere
the possibility of a site showing up on google's first page is dependent on the keywords on the site and if people search for them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Verified UK Non Hosted Adsense Accounts For Sale / How To Improve Your Blog's Alexa Rank / Please Rate My Ecommerce Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.