Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos (33106 Views)

Akan Weeks' Banner Spotted In Ghana 3 Months After Uyo Church Building Collapse / Friends Mourn Lady Who Died In Uyo Church Collapse / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:41am On Dec 14, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Every nation has their challenges. Nigeria, though disorganised, challenges you to seek God closely. Christians are people who follow Christ and behave like Christ. Try to read the Gospels about Christ and imitate Him.

sharrap!

"Follow Christ" the same Christ that led them to their disastrous end

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by LorDBolton(m): 11:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Whenever I look at a dead body, it becomes clearer and clearer.

We're nothing but animals... highly intellectual animals.

Keep thinking a golden gate will open and a 'book' will be opened for u to check your name?

Funny they said a book? Cos in their time nothing like computer.

Rip beautiful woman, rip.

Nobody is talking about that church paying heavy compensation to the families of victims, they died due to negligent behaviour.

I'm talking N5m minimum!

Instead They're weeping there, calling their God.

In addition, Everyone from the pastor to those on the building committee, workers on site should face the law.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Praktikals(m): 11:41am On Dec 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the same god that watched while they were being crushed?

he was probably too busy getting angry at those wearing garments made of two different types of fabrics
Must you display your folly publicly?

4 Likes

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Ginaz(f): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2016
So gory, humans are just flesh and blood truly., rest in peace. cry
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by notoriousbabe: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2016
Thank God me I no dey go church or mosque

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2016
olihilistic:
nobody go see person wey resamble me for church again

lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Ishilove: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2016
MrCork:

..is she lightskin? undecided
Not cool. Please know when to draw a line.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by ephi123(f): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2016
Why should he be displaying such graphic pictures of the dead. Is that the last memory people should have of them?
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 14, 2016
Joavid:

lmao grin
no laugh am all remain am for me
shocked shocked
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by ONeMAnMOPOL: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2016
MrCork:

..is she light skin? angry
Dumb question

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by fkdmods: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what folly?

when would be the right time to criticise this imaginary god of theirs?

If you bring it up when people are praying to god after a tragedy, you'll be written off as insensitive by many.

If you bring it up when people are simply praying to god to avoid something tragic occurring, you'll get a similar response

If you bring it up when people just make a simple prayer to god, you're an asshole for criticizing someone who is simply praying and not hurting anyone.

If you bring it up when something actually happens because people tried to depend on the power of their god, you'll be written off for trying to exploit a tragedy once again, and be reminded that not all prayer ends in harm.

If you simply bring it up on your own, people will complain about why you're bringing it up at all, as religion is not something to be brought up in polite company

So we're frequently in a peculiar situation where you're expected to avoid challenging religion in every circumstance from idle chit chat to directly responding to religious beliefs directly contributing to someone's death. They don't want it brought up over anything trivial; they don't want it brought up over anything serious; they don't want it brought up at all. The idea that the topic is just being avoided during special circumstances is pure fiction. It's just easier for some people to make the complaint during a tragedy or trivial issue then at other times, but it is always being made.

Ignorance is the bane of religious people.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Ncsamuel(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2016
Na wa o. RIP............but now how can a pastor now preach on sunday on 'the bible says he that runneth into the house of the Lord shall be..............?! Any pastor in the house?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2016
fkdmods:

Ignorance is the bane of religious people.
no mind those deluded people

3 Likes

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by fkdmods: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

no mind those deluded people

It is a contributory reason why people believe in fake news nowadays. It is very prevalent in places like America and Europe. The logic is; if you can believe in an imaginary being, then you should be able to believe in statements and comments irrespective of facts. It makes sense to them because it makes them FEEL good. Damn the facts. They prefer to get their news from unverifiable sources like facebook and twitter. Just last week, a man shot up a pizza joint in the U.S because he read somewhere on facebook that a sex slave gang owned by Hillary Clinton operated there. Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by demelza: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2016
Who is the Mod that put this on fp without adding a warning?
Haba na!
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
MrCork:

..is she light skin?
angry
Remove the dirt in your eye and check the picture again. Some jokes are actually unnecessary.
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by MrCork: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
olofunmi:

Remove the dirt in your eye and check the picture again. Some jokes are actually unnecessary.

...so you say in she's light skin...correct?...do you homebase people were glasses? (No oofense) undecided

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by MrCork: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ishilove:

Not cool. Please know when to draw a line.

^^^^kaiiiii....the most beauuuuurriful curvy nairalander ever....and guess wot. ...she's lightskin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by MrCork: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
coollabman:

don't you have respect for the dead?!

...which dead?...ok..so you sayin shes lightskin..abi?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by mu2sa2: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Elkay3:

You should have stopped at the first full stop, just as I did now.
Correct. Supposing she returned as an American, where a gunman could kill up to 70 people at a public place such as a discotheque.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by MrCork: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
she ain't lightskin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Btruth: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
softwerk:
Please censor the gory picture and include 'GRAPHIC' in your heading!

Show some respect for the dead and her family members possibly viewing this now!

Nairaland MODS sef! (You won't see CNN showing gory pics of dead people)
don't mind them. The only thing they know is banning comments.
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by KAYD007(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the same god that watched while they were being crushed?

he was probably too busy getting angry at those wearing garments made of two different types of fabrics

Praktikals:

He made a very logical and reasonable observations....but you my friend didn't!!
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by nwakaibeya1: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
if the LIGHT of God dwells in that Reigners Bible UYO church one or two people would have seen the revelation about the fall because its a major disaster that should have been revealed by God to members and those attending the even as so called men of God and thats why humans must be careful about churches they attend this days if God is in your church major events should be revealed and not only by the overseer or pastor including members should see even who the pastor or prophet is spiritually?Jeremiah 12,10 >.Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness. BORN AGAINS ,have you heard and would you love to hear this truth and revelation in the bible?and who are the pastors and prophets referred to here in Jeremiah 12,10 as we reveal the things unknown before the creation of the world?we are asking you who says thou shall not judge ?because you have never read or been told about John 5,30?why not be wise and know when the messiah has come for your total LIBERATION and grab the opportunity

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by anonym0us: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Rip she's even a Uniuyo student
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Orikinla(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Majority of Nigerian churches don't know God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Only ignorant people follow them.

Luke 14:28 "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what folly?

when would be the right time to criticise this imaginary god of theirs?

If you bring it up when people are praying to god after a tragedy, you'll be written off as insensitive by many.

If you bring it up when people are simply praying to god to avoid something tragic occurring, you'll get a similar response

If you bring it up when people just make a simple prayer to god, you're an asshole for criticizing someone who is simply praying and not hurting anyone.

If you bring it up when something actually happens because people tried to depend on the power of their god, you'll be written off for trying to exploit a tragedy once again, and be reminded that not all prayer ends in harm.

If you simply bring it up on your own, people will complain about why you're bringing it up at all, as religion is not something to be brought up in polite company

So we're frequently in a peculiar situation where you're expected to avoid challenging religion in every circumstance from idle chit chat to directly responding to religious beliefs directly contributing to someone's death. They don't want it brought up over anything trivial; they don't want it brought up over anything serious; they don't want it brought up at all. The idea that the topic is just being avoided during special circumstances is pure fiction. It's just easier for some people to make the complaint during a tragedy or trivial issue then at other times, but it is always being made.

Someone is dead and you are criticizing God, did He promise anyone immortal life on earth?

This poster has possible mental health issues, please ignore his posts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by modaink333: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
Take heart.....RIP sis
Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by hopefulLandlord: 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
Pidgin2:

Someone is dead and you are criticizing God, did He promise anyone immortal life on earth?

This poster has possible mental health issues, please ignore his posts

look at this person projecting her life's psychological issues on me

I'm criticising your imaginary god because he's the one they were gathered to worship

who's talking immortality? how about they not dying horrible death while worshipping him? is that too much for your god to do? except of course, your Jewish folklore god is imaginary and couldn't do anything as the bars rained down

say something sensible next Time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by dacuteguy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
MrCork:

..is she light skin?
angry
i use to think u do dis jus 4 d fun now i no u lack sumtin...

1 Like

Re: Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
MrCork:

..is she lightskin? undecided
Old man rest jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mbaka Supporter Threatens To Kill Bishop, Peter Obi After Church Ban (Vid) / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / "Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.