Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids (16082 Views)

Myth About Electric & Hybrid Cars: Are They Really For Nigeria? / Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint / 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by businessman7(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good day house please educate me about the advantages and possibly the disadvantages too thanks
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by nurey(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2016
In Nigeria the advantage hybrid has over gasoline is fuel economy. If you buy the Toyota Camry hybrid, you could probably be using 10k fuel monthly while gasoline could be 30k. Even the prius is extremely more fuel efficient.

The disadvantage of hybrid is support. As I know the car should not be pushed because the rotatable wheel parts and brakes are special, if it breaks down on the road, you need a professional to look into it, maintenance is expensive in terms of money and time.

A neighbor of mine uses two hybrid, a prius and Ford Escape, he has parked the escape now for months, be like say cost of fixing the issue in recession can cause earthquake in a bank vault

Modified
The difference between hybrid and gasoline is hybrid has two forms of generating motion, it uses gasoline and electricity.

At certain speeds hybrid cuts off gasoline (petrol, diesel or whatever) and uses only electricity which it stores in batteries just like your inverter system. Hybrid engine and some parts are different from the gasoline counterpart. Some parts cannot be interchangeable like engine components, wheel components etc.

1. Can I convert my hybrid to normal gasoline
Yes, but it is not pocket friendly if done the right way, it's better to sell it and buy gasoline only.

2. Can any mechanic change my battery pack
No, the hybrid battery has enough voltage to kill a man, if handled by a quack without prior knowledge, you and your hybrid will have blood on your hands.

3. Is hybrid worth it
Yes, you are saving a lot of buck and doing good to the environment, just make sure you don't buy a lemon or Nigerian abused no matter how cheap.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by XXLDICK(m): 6:38am On Dec 18, 2016
The basic difference is just the fuel economy.
Hybrid cars have better fuel economy and are relatively greener

I'm not a fan of hybrid cars because of the high cost of maintainance

1 Like

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 18, 2016
ok
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by Habayomie(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2016
Lets hear from the professionals.
All I know is Auto and Manual ...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by dhardline(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2016
hybrids save more fuel than non hybrids.

1 Like

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by driand(m): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2016
1. Environmentally Friendly: One of the biggest advantage of hybrid car over gasoline powered car is that it runs cleaner and has better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly. A hybrid vehicle runs on twin powered engine (gasoline engine and electric motor) that cuts fuel consumption and conserves energy.

2. Less Dependance on Fossil Fuels: A Hybrid car is much cleaner and requires less fuel to run which means less emissions and less dependance on fossil fuels. This in turn also helps to reduce the price of gasoline in domestic market.

3 Regenerative Braking System: Each time you apply brake while driving a hybrid vehicle helps you to recharge your battery a little. An internal mechanism kicks in that captures the energy released and uses it to charge the battery which in turn eliminates the amount of time and need for stopping to recharge the battery periodically.

4. Built From Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are made up of lighter materials which means less energy is required to run. The engine is also smaller and lighter which also saves much energy.

5. Higher Resale Value: With continuous increase in price of gasoline, more and more people are turning towards hybrid cars. The result is that these green vehicles have started commanding higher than average resale values. So, in case you are not satisfied with your vehicle, you can always sell it at a premium price to buyers looking for it.

There are many advantages to owning a hybrid car. The one you will like the best is how it helps you to control your budget as gas prices continue to get higher. The other benefit that is not seen directly is how owning and driving a hybrid car impacts the environment. It reduces the dependence on fossil fuels and lowers your carbon imprint on the environment.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by IecheM(m): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by DjAndroid: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2016
nurey:
In Nigeria the advantage hybrid has over gasoline is fuel economy. If you buy the Toyota Camry hybrid, you could probably be using 10k fuel monthly while gasoline could be 30k. Even the prius is extremely more fuel efficient.

The disadvantage of hybrid is support. As I know the car should not be pushed because the rotatable wheel parts and brakes are special, if it breaks down on the road, you need a professional to look into it, maintenance is expensive in terms of money and time.

A neighbor of mine uses two hybrid, a prius and Ford Escape, he has parked the escape now for months, be like say cost of fixing the issue in recession can cause earthquake in a bank vault

What type of fuel does hybrid use?
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by driand(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2016
fkdmods:

Only one thing nullifies all your point. It is something they don't tell you when you buy a hybrid. Just make sure you have 6 to 10k in your account as insurance because if the battery dies you are phucked.

The only thing that is without solution is death, you have money to buy a car for N9m and you can't afford to replace the battery for N500k? You kidding me?

5 Likes

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by InvertedHammer: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2016
If in Nigeria, there is no advantage.

Even though not very expensive, the same fate that befalls expensive cars in Nigeria will be its portion -- they usually end up abandoned in a garage. Folks buy fancy cars and unique cars to show off but keeping the cars running is the ultimate challenge.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by idris4r83(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2016
1. Environmentally Friendly: One of the biggest advantage of hybrid car over gasoline powered car is that it runs cleaner and has better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly.
2. Less Dependance on Fossil Fuels.
3. Regenerative Braking System: Each time you apply brake while driving a hybrid vehicle helps you to recharge your battery a little.
4. Built From Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are made up of lighter materials which means less energy is required to run.
5.Higher Resale Value: With continuous increase in price of gasoline, more and more people are turning towards hybrid cars.
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Hybrid cars will lead you to embrace green energy whereas the non-hybrid vehicles reminds you of NNPC MegaStation at Akpajo.
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by SycophanticGoat: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2016
nurey:

If that's the case, then the disadvantages outweigh the advantages that is, for someone using it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by DesChyko: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Me I'm just going to sit here until AUTOJOSHNG OR GAZZUZ say something

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by Proffdada: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2016
driand:
1. Environmentally Friendly: One of the biggest advantage of hybrid car over gasoline powered car is that it runs cleaner and has better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly. A hybrid vehicle runs on twin powered engine (gasoline engine and electric motor) that cuts fuel consumption and conserves energy.

2. Less Dependance on Fossil Fuels: A Hybrid car is much cleaner and requires less fuel to run which means less emissions and less dependance on fossil fuels. This in turn also helps to reduce the price of gasoline in domestic market.

3 Regenerative Braking System: Each time you apply brake while driving a hybrid vehicle helps you to recharge your battery a little. An internal mechanism kicks in that captures the energy released and uses it to charge the battery which in turn eliminates the amount of time and need for stopping to recharge the battery periodically.

4. Built From Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are made up of lighter materials which means less energy is required to run. The engine is also smaller and lighter which also saves much energy.

5. Higher Resale Value: With continuous increase in price of gasoline, more and more people are turning towards hybrid cars. The result is that these green vehicles have started commanding higher than average resale values. So, in case you are not satisfied with your vehicle, you can always sell it at a premium price to buyers looking for it.

There are many advantages to owning a hybrid car. The one you will like the best is how it helps you to control your budget as gas prices continue to get higher. The other benefit that is not seen directly is how owning and driving a hybrid car impacts the environment. It reduces the dependence on fossil fuels and lowers your carbon imprint on the environment.
QED
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by ThinkSmarter: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2016
pls mechanical Engineers in d house, come and do ur work o, this z not my field, I hv shabby knowledge of vehicles.
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by sakalisis(m): 7:13am On Dec 18, 2016
Mi here to learn
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by wayne4loan: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by deborsky(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2016
lalasticlala, and other moderators!!!!! pls ban this guy. He is a real scammer!!!! He recently duped me of #1000. He keep changing usersame. He blocked me on whatsapp. Ban him so that other will not fall victim. I will not curse u, but I surely know that u will reap wat u sow.I AM REFERRING TO "KINGDATA24CF".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:23am On Dec 18, 2016
This hybrid and non hybrid cars Is it automatic and manual cars.
Somebody should teach me abeg
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by justuschi50: 7:33am On Dec 18, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
pls mechanical Engineers in d house, come and do ur work o, this z not my field, I hv shabby knowledge of vehicles.
I am a mechanical engineering but not in the automobile field
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by wildchild1: 7:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Ewo tun ni Hybrid and Non Hybrid bayi, oya coman tell us grin

Check my signature
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by chigoizie7(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Onwere nke mma?
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by fkdmods: 7:40am On Dec 18, 2016
driand:

Only one thing nullifies all your point. It is something they don't tell you when you buy a hybrid. Just make sure you have 6 to 10k in your account as insurance because if the battery dies you are phucked.
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by DaBullIT(m): 7:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Don't use hybrid in Nigeria , your car will become a scrap in a few months

1 Like

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by fkdmods: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2016
driand:

The only thing that is without solution is death, you have money to buy a car for N9m and you can't afford to replace the battery for N500k? You kidding me?

Shiit. I keep forgetting that you have to be a millionaire in Nigeria to own a hybrid. My bad. Other places, not so much. Anyone can own one.
Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by bestspoke: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2016
deborsky:
lalasticlala, and other moderators!!!!! pls ban this guy. He is a real scammer!!!! He recently duped me of #1000. He keep changing usersame. He blocked me on whatsapp. Ban him so that other will not fall victim. I will not curse u, but I surely know that u will reap wat u sow.I AM REFERRING TO "KINGDATA24CF".

How do they ban him effectivelywhen he keeps re-registering with several usernames.

Let people just shine their eyes and not fall for cheap scams.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids by dedetosin: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2016
businessman7:
Good day house please educate me about the advantages and possibly the disadvantages too thanks

Contrary to the general idea, hybrids are very inexpensive to maintain. Go for a Prius with good service history and in 1 year you will not repair a thing. It uses normal Toyota parts which are readily available when any repairs want to happen like would be in any car.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) / Baba40 Is A Dubious Fraud . (proof) / Ford Motor Considers Opening Plant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.