Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) (16089 Views)

UK Firm Will Pay You ₦13.4m/yr To Find Luxury Cars In UAE Supercar Graveyards / Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE / Pope's ₦82m Lamborghini Huracan Supercar Could Be Yours For As Little As ₦3,650 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by AutoReportNG: 6:21am On Jan 04, 2018
Porsche first revealed its plans to release a Tesla rival sports car back in 2015, and we can now reveal that it is likely to release three electric all-wheel-drive versions as early as 2019. According to the automobile, the German-automaker will launch three ‘Mission E‘ derivatives with 300 kW (402 hp), 400 kW (536 hp) and 500 kW (670 hp). It will feature a two-speed transmission and reach 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, with a maximum speed of 155 mph (249 km/h).

Porsche all-electric ‘Mission E’ will boast an acceleration time of just 3.5 seconds from 0 to 60 mph, which is a full second slower than the quickest tesla ‘model S’ currently on the market. the four-seater will feature inductive charging (without a cable) and it could reportedly charge to 80 percent in just 20 minutes. Details have yet to be revealed on exterior styling, however, dimensions-wise it appears to be similar to the German automaker's ‘Panamera‘ sports car, with an elongated profile to accommodate two passengers in the rear. Back seat occupants can enter through rear-hinged coach doors, opening up to create a dramatic passageway to its luxurious interior.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/01/porsche-set-to-displace-tesla-rival.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol

6 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by HungerBAD: 6:21am On Jan 04, 2018
What?

3.5 seconds from 0 to 60 mph?the motor company should keep their cars far away from Nigeria for our own safety.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by AutoReportNG: 6:22am On Jan 04, 2018
Its all about battle for the speed.

See more pictures here...

http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/01/porsche-set-to-displace-tesla-rival.html
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Ibj50(m): 6:23am On Jan 04, 2018
hmmm still liking a tesla

3 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Kbanka: 6:34am On Jan 04, 2018
Nice. Although Tesla's latest is doing 0-60 mph in 1.9 secs. Even their SUV, the model X P90D is doing it in 3.3.

Tesla's are kinda ugly though imo

5 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 04, 2018
Ordinary infiniti FX35 is doing 0-100mph in 9 seconds.

4 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by hobermener: 6:51am On Jan 04, 2018
T
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by tballeyy(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2018
iAudio:
lier

2 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 04, 2018
One sentence....

Africa is getting left behind.
- if we buy it, we cant charge it
- if we buy it, all the bumpers would go off.
- if we buy it, repairing it would buy another.

A friend had to wait 3mths to import, after 2mths search in Nigeria market just to buy a hybrid battery at almost N300k.

6 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Mandynews(f): 6:54am On Jan 04, 2018
Na wa o grin

1 Like

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by tballeyy(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2018
iAudio:
huun mr liar mohammed

2 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by dhardline(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2018
How I wish this electric cars will just take over our Nigerian market so this battle for oil can end then we can focus more on human potential...car dealers should start thinking this direction as soon as possible especially the quick charge ones so even if there is no light I can quickly switch on my Generator and charge to 80percent in 20mins.

3 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by darkid1(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2018
Kbanka:
Nice. Although Tesla's latest is doing 0-60 mph in 1.9 secs. Even their SUV, the model X P90D is doing it in 3.3.

Tesla's are kinda ugly though imo

Exactly. They need to change their head of design .
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 04, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by vilkizzy(m): 6:58am On Jan 04, 2018
papa I thank you ooh!! its been YOU all the way. even when I thump at my chest, drowning in arrogance n morales YOU still kept me. thank YOU for being GOD. happy birthday to me! show me 'Likes' nairalanders!

10 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Frankskaf(f): 7:00am On Jan 04, 2018
iAudio:

Chai !!!!! ......I don die smiley
Any source or Backup please?
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Africacelebcar(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2018
Porsche has always been at the top of it's game www.africacelebcarblog.com
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by nonut: 7:07am On Jan 04, 2018
vilkizzy:
papa I thank you ooh!! its been YOU all the way. even when I thump at my chest, drowning in arrogance n morales YOU still kept me. thank YOU for being GOD. happy birthday to me! show me 'Likes' nairalanders!

Whoring for likes this early morning?
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 04, 2018
Frankskaf:
[/b]
Chai !!!!! ......I don die smiley
Any source or Backup please?

tballeyy:
huun mr liar mohammed

tballeyy:
lier

I even went higher, it's 7.1 seconds

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by mormoney85(m): 7:11am On Jan 04, 2018
darkid1:

Exactly. They need to change their head of design .
that's why in like Porsche
D only car that has a unique design no copy copy
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Anyanwugold(f): 7:12am On Jan 04, 2018
Wow awesome
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by ednut1(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2018
The essense of these speedy cars is wat exactly

2 Likes

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2018
i think tesla will still beat them in pricing.
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Day169: 7:27am On Jan 04, 2018
tballeyy:
huun mr liar mohammed
..look at his statement again. 0-100mph he said. He may very well be right!
I think he deserves an apology from you.
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Mckandre(m): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2018
the future is here, while we re still forming opulent with Mercedes Vboot? angry
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Drizzyd: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2018
Anyanwugold:
Wow awesome

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by abdeiz(m): 8:09am On Jan 04, 2018
Meh Tesla would always be my sweetheart
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 04, 2018
Porsche, one of the best!
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nonnyflex(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2018
In the world of luxury electric cars tesla and BMW are at the forefront... For me Sha
Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by martinz1: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2018
dhardline:
How I wish this electric cars will just take over our Nigerian market so this battle for oil can end then we can focus more on human potential...car dealers should start thinking this direction as soon as possible especially the quick charge ones so even if there is no light I can quickly switch on my Generator and charge to 80percent in 20mins.
What will you charge the car with, nepa or generators the same generator that needs gasoline
GOD help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Porsche Set To Displace Tesla Rival Supercar With Mission E (photos) by Nonnyflex(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2018
iAudio:
This comparison is not necessary as the cars mentioned here are electric cars...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ford Motor Considers Opening Plant In Nigeria / My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) / What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.