Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance (2032 Views)

Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC / Atiku Reacts To Payment Of Pension To Pardoned Biafra Police / Buhari Approves Payment Of Pension To Retired Biafra Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by UzuegbuProsper(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2016
ROCHASMAS: OKOROCHA CLEARS 40 YEARS OF PENSION ARREARS,PAYS TWO MONTHS SALARY ADVANCE TO CIVIL SERVANTS

His Excellency, Rochas Okorocha has announced his approval to pay the backlog of accruing from the 27years of pension arrears owed pensioners in the state. Owelle describes as disheartening, the geometric increase in the accumulated pensions compared to states like Kano, Kaduna & Lagos.

On the issue of salaries, Okorocha maintains that two months of payment to Civil servants will commence immediately while plans to ensure every that workers are being payed every first day of the month from 2017.

Okorocha who is about now talking to a cross section of journalists in the state, said he is impressed with Imo journalists for their support and objectivity in recent time, describing their renewed posture as commendable.

Present at the medial parley is the Deputy Governor Of Imo state,Prince Eze Madumere,SGI,Sir George Etche,PS,Paschal Obi,state commissioner for information,Engr.Obinna Nshirim & NUJ Chairman, Mr. Innocent Igwe.

More details later...

Hon. Anayochukwu Abasiodu Idiong
Principal Officer to the Governor of Imo State on Electronic Media. [img][/img]

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by chemicalDisease: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
Liars everywhere.

'op I hope u are aware he's paying them 40%.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by chiefobdk(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
Look at the wicked letter given to all pensioners in Imo state to sign.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Accountant General ,
Government of Imo State,
Treasury House,
Owerri
Madam,
LETTER OF SET OFF IN RESPECT OF MY OUTSTANDING PENSION ARREARS
I, ............................OF............L.G.A a pensioner, having retired from (.......................) on salary grade level ..............with a monthly pension of
Being owed arrears of pension for 12 months which amounts to ...... do hereby accept, to collect 40%(forty percent) of the said arrears which amounts to ...... which represents the total
accumulated arrears due to me up to December 2016, as full and final settlement of all other claims of which I am entitled to make against the state Government in respect of the said accumulated Pension arrears.
I voluntarily accept this payment due to economic situation in the country presently.
I do hereby release and discharge the Imo State Government and his agents from all past, present and future liability and from all actions , claims and demands in respect of the said accumulated Pension arrears.
Signed under my hand and seal this .............day of ..........2016
Signature......................
Name of Pensioner:.........................
Bank Name:............................. Account Number:..............
Category;State
In the presence of
Signature:.............................
Name:..................................
(Ward Coordinator )
This is complete wickedness, you didn't even ask them to collect 40% installment. You are asking them to sign that 40% of 12 months arrears, (in the first place you are owing them more than 30 months), as full and final settlement .
Look at the most wicked clause in the last paragraph... " I do hereby release and discharge the Imo State Government and his agents from all PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE liability..."
If your intention is not fraud as usual, why do you want them to discharge you of PAST(meaning the 2015,2014 arrears, gratuity not paid is gone), PRESENT, AND FUTURE(Meaning no more pension for them, this is their last)
If your claims is economic situation, why are you asking them to discharge the state of all future liabilities..why didn't you ask them to accept 40% as an installment pending when the economy improves.
If this is not wickedness , tell me what it is.
Culled from Vera Izuogu.

https://www.nairaland.com/3518494/rochas-bag-tricks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by ammyluv2002(f): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
Well, this is not too good, but at least he agreed to pay. What happened to the past governors? I'm not a fan, but he tried

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by UzuegbuProsper(m): 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
chiefobdk:
Look at the wicked letter given to all pensioners in Imo state to sign.
The Accountant General ,
Government of Imo State,
Treasury House,
Owerri
Madam,
LETTER OF SET OFF IN RESPECT OF MY OUTSTANDING PENSION ARREARS
I, ............................OF............L.G.A a pensioner, having retired from (.......................) on salary grade level ..............with a monthly pension of
Being owed arrears of pension for 12 months which amounts to ...... do hereby accept, to collect 40%(forty percent) of the said arrears which amounts to ...... which represents the total
accumulated arrears due to me up to December 2016, as full and final settlement of all other claims of which I am entitled to make against the state Government in respect of the said accumulated Pension arrears.
I voluntarily accept this payment due to economic situation in the country presently.
I do hereby release and discharge the Imo State Government and his agents from all past, present and future liability and from all actions , claims and demands in respect of the said accumulated Pension arrears.
Signed under my hand and seal this .............day of ..........2016
Signature......................
Name of Pensioner:.........................
Bank Name:............................. Account Number:..............
Category;State
In the presence of
Signature:.............................
Name:..................................
(Ward Coordinator )
This is complete wickedness, you didn't even ask them to collect 40% installment. You are asking them to sign that 40% of 12 months arrears, (in the first place you are owing them more than 30 months), as full and final settlement .
Look at the most wicked clause in the last paragraph... " I do hereby release and discharge the Imo State Government and his agents from all PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE liability..."
If your intention is not fraud as usual, why do you want them to discharge you of PAST(meaning the 2015,2014 arrears, gratuity not paid is gone), PRESENT, AND FUTURE(Meaning no more pension for them, this is their last)
If your claims is economic situation, why are you asking them to discharge the state of all future liabilities..why didn't you ask them to accept 40% as an installment pending when the economy improves.
If this is not wickedness , tell me what it is.
Culled from Vera Izuogu.

https://www.nairaland.com/3518494/rochas-bag-tricks

This is most fatitious and sheer wickedness by the desperate opposition in Imo State.

Stop misleading and misinforming the general public.
Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by villareal15(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Abagworo(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
UzuegbuProsper:
ROCHASMAS: OKOROCHA CLEARS 40 YEARS OF PENSION ARREARS,PAYS TWO MONTHS SALARY ADVANCE TO CIVIL SERVANTS

His Excellency, Rochas Okorocha has announced his approval to pay the backlog of accruing from the 27years of pension arrears owed pensioners in the state. Owelle describes as disheartening, the geometric increase in the accumulated pensions compared to states like Kano, Kaduna & Lagos.

On the issue of salaries, Okorocha maintains that two months of payment to Civil servants will commence immediately while plans to ensure every that workers are being payed every first day of the month from 2017.

Okorocha who is about now talking to a cross section of journalists in the state, said he is impressed with Imo journalists for their support and objectivity in recent time, describing their renewed posture as commendable.

Present at the medial parley is the Deputy Governor Of Imo state,Prince Eze Madumere,SGI,Sir George Etche,PS,Paschal Obi,state commissioner for information,Engr.Obinna Nshirim & NUJ Chairman, Mr. Innocent Igwe.

More details later...

Hon. Anayochukwu Abasiodu Idiong
Principal Officer to the Governor of Imo State on Electronic Media. [img][/img]

On condition that pensioners will sign off 60%.
Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Abagworo(m): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Well, this is not too good, but at least he agreed to pay. What happened to the past governors? I'm not a fan, but he tried

I pray they resolve it once and for all. Mbakwe started the pension accumulation over 30 years ago.
Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lies everywhere

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by cool318(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
UzuegbuProsper:

This is most fatitious and sheer wickedness by the desperate opposition in Imo State.

You will die a Very miserable death Uzuegbu Prosper. If you were paid for this cancerous and Lies infested post, i tell you , Hospital management shall be your companion this remaining days of 2016.

What chiefobdk said and pasted here is the Gospel Truth .
I have two pensioners in my house and i saw the form
Its Barbaric, he is even threatening them that all forms must be submitted latest tomorrow or you will be regarded as a Ghost pensioner.
This is the worst calamity that has befallen Imolites.
Its really a pity

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by cool318(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Abagworo have you ever seen where that has happened before.
Collect 60% and still tell them that if you are owed 23 months pension arears, you will be paid only 13. Forcing them to sign the form under compulsion and Duress.

This thread should move to frontpage for Nigerians to see the Manslaughter Rochas is committing in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Tonynelson(m): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
Any body that posted this trash, may you never see something good in your life.. Idiots do you think you can come and joke with pensioners money or sweat and go free.. The anger of God will soon descend on you and your Okorocha soon.. People have worked for the country with their life all you could use to pay them back is come here and deceive the public with ur cheap news.. Where on earth did he pay them?instead he gave then form to fill, reducing the number of Months he owes them, the gratuity is nothing to write home about because.. He is not even talking of that one.. So OP better delete this thread now or The law of Karma will descend soon on you people.. Good bye

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Abagworo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
Tonynelson:
Any body that posted this trash, may you never see something good in your life.. Idiots do you think you can come and joke with pensioners money or sweat and go free.. The anger of God will soon descend on you and your Okorocha soon.. People have worked for the country with their life all you could use to pay them back is come here and deceive the public with ur cheap news.. Where on earth did he pay them?instead he gave then form to fill, reducing the number of Months he owes them, the gratuity is nothing to write home about because.. He is not even talking of that one.. So OP better delete this thread now or The law of Karma will descend soon on you people.. Good bye

Take it easy my brother as Okorocha inherited more than this and has been trying to reduce it. Calling him names is wrong as it was accumulated by other governors before him spanning over 30 years. While we condemn the forceful sign off of 60% of our grandparents hard earned peanuts we should do that without lies and blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by chiefobdk(m): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
Abagworo:

UzuegbuProsper:

You re very wicked....
Even Abagworo wey sycophant pass u admit dis one

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by MadamExcellency: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
How many times will Okorocha clear the 40 years pension?

Did he pay them the N16,000,000,000 at once?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by MadamExcellency: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
14th December, 2016

As narrated by Micheal Duru:

Wickedness of Rochas Okorocha.

In the morning I was chatting with my Dad over the phone when he excitedly told me that he was hurrying up to Owerri, that Imo state government invited them to come for the payment of their pension arrears. He hurriedly left for Owerri.

I called him via video call this afternoon to ask him how his journey faired, with a gloomy face he sourly said “I wonder how that man (Rochas Okorocha) closes his eyes and sleeps comfortably in his wickedness”. He averred that Rochas is owing pensioners more than 20months of their pension arrears but as they got there to collect their due entitlement, they were told that the state government will only pay them 40% of their monthly pension, and not just 40% but 40% of 11months out of 20months arrears they are owed. 
Hold on, not just all.

As pre-requisite to getting the severely diminished pay, they were mandated to sign a document that stated that they have been paid of all their arrears and they are grateful to the governor for such kind gesture, that they will not engage in any match protest, neither will they report to the media nor write any protest letter against the governor.

Wait, there’s more to it.
It happened that after they must have been compelled and browbeaten into signing the said document, they were then told to go home that the money would be paid into their accounts before the year runs out.

Imagine wickedness!. APC and Rochas Okorocha.. hmmm!.
I’m very sure his media aid and his legion of 80K per month social media “vuvuzelas” would soon come up social media-sphere to mouth lies that he has cleared all pension arrears.
Dr Micheal Duru

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
Rochas Social Media aides una welldone oooooooooooh cry cry

Well he who pays the piper dictates it's tune cool

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by TruthisGOD: 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Rochas is the worst liar of the century. Am from Imo, out of 27 months arrears owed to them, he pays them 40% of 12 months salaries which by implication he is only paying them 4 months, 24 days out of the 27 months owed to them. The worst is that he provided a document they will sign to forfeit the remaining salaries (22months) before the're payed. This is sheer robbery and should be condemned by every well meaning Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by chiefobdk(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
If roachas get away with this watch how other governors aregbesola and dat benue guy will copy this.
Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
My very own dad is been owed over 40 months and he's getting just 40 per cent of 12 months. He shouldn't have signed the document, this is just evil. Been very sad since I got to know about this development. And the same people are all over the Internet lying about this. Lying against living senior citizens devoid of conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Clears 40 Years Of Pension Arrears, Pays Two Months Salary In Advance by mastermaestro(m): 12:43am On Dec 15, 2016
Rochas has always been a sleek lying conman. Most times I don't want to sympathize with people suffering from the wicked excesses of these political demons. You warn them against voting them, they'll reply you contemptuously, and queue behind the crooks praisng in tuneful moronic choruses, "All hail our messiah! All hail our messiah!" Here is where it always gets them... valley of pain, crossroads of misery. sad

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Abandoned By Friends And Associates On His 60th Birthday / Kano Rerun Result Update / Where Is Adams Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.