Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? (14276 Views)

Obas Council Gives Olugbo Four Days To Withdraw Statement Over Superiority / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by nevilbot: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2016
Why won't d olugbo yarn dust and show is ignorance of history wen he is a known usurper of the ugbo throne aided by the out going gov of ondo state.

A king who prides himself on Yoruba history but can not even step feet on the ancestral headquarters of his kingdom cus the people dia do not recognise him as dia king. A king who calls himself olugbo but cant step feet in ugbo town.

Distorting history to give himself relevance. Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by shiimah: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2016
obayaya:
I don't understand why they are making a fuss about how different sections of Yorubaland sees Moremi

To and Ife man, she's a heroine for saving them. But to an Ugbo man she was a traitor for betraying them..

The same way an average Yoruba will see Awolowo as a hero, while a large section of the Igbo nation consider him a backstabber.

An Average Igbo man consider Ojukwu a hero, while to the rest of Nigeria, he was a traitor.

It's all a Matter of the angle you choose to look at the story from.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by OMOTOWO(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2016
bettercreature:
Awon weree!
guy you make me laff
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by fullstreets: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2016
omofunaab:

Actually it's none of your business.

Exactly my point.

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Antoeni(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2016
If it's not the great Bini Kingdom, it can never be like it, long live our King, (Oba of Benin). The great benin kingdom is only kingdom kingdom dat has well preserved rich cultural heritage , beliefs ,norms, Tradition and Values
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Praktikals(m): 10:47am On Dec 15, 2016
Finish Him!

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by seunlly(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2016
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Adeolu4(m): 10:59am On Dec 15, 2016
Dis olugbo wants to hear his story and dey are already telling him

5 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by unearthed(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2016
It would appear that these afonja monarchs have nothing better to deliberate on.

I haven't seen this level of unnecessary ramblings from monarchs in the east, north or south. What do they even contribute to the socio-economic growth of this country sef?

The Ooni should not attempt to change the history of the ugbos likewise the Olugbo should not attempt to change or ridicule that of of Ife.

Moremi is a heroine to Ife and a Traitor to Ugbo.

Different kingdoms, different histories.

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Tripleoluwa(m): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2016
What I see in all of these is that: none of the response from Ife dispel the fact that Ilaje people came from Ife. The part of the write up that said Ilaje people were suffering from famine, hence their raid on Ife, was, to me, an attempt to distort what Olugbo said earlier about the Ife raid.

All in all, word sabre-rattling of this such would open info from both camp. Only sound minded person would discern the middle fact, cos both camp would want to add sweetener to their stories

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by teebillz: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2016
But on a very serious note, how can a reigning king have a living when his mother wasn't the monarch or his father abdicated the throne for him?
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by SirAweezy(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2016
omofunaab:
The person that wrote this nonsense has been bewitched.

You don't interfere fights between kings.

Moreso this fight is about history

Common there are Kings and there are kings. Such is Oni to ugbo

So it's not a fight for Kings, ugbo got a response from a fellow king.

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Charly68: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2016
Wonderful historical masterpiece. .It seems Oba Akinruntan has steered the hornest nest . In any case we wouldn't have known this historical facts if not for him.

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Toosure70: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2016
phlio666:
to hell wit culture
omo ale olori pelebe

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by adebaba5: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2016
Na so una go dy fight irrelevant fight while una major threat (economic problem in the south west ) dy dere. forget hierarchy and focus on making the SW an economic giant.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Brightscofild(m): 11:50am On Dec 15, 2016
i really Want to see d end of dis man ( Obateru) He's suffering 4rm 2Much Money.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by oyekola2000(m): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2016
I don't really like way and manner of presenting this issues by the writer of this article too insulting and abusive in nature..... If you want to criticize and set a record straight should be in a constructive not destructive way so far you are rejoined to what a king said not ordinary being even ordinary being deserves respect, we Yoruba's only God can guide and guard our utterance but glaring is that he who pay a piper dictate the tone........ Why washing our dirty clothes outside for other tribes to turn us to a laughing stock

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by guiddoti: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2016
COOLDK:
What Happen to Horses if truly this kings wanna follow traditions.

Roll Royce king!
Horses are for lower ranking kings, except you mean Chariots, like present day Roll Royce.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Noblecx: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
seguno2:

Please, what is TRADITIONAL about the two pictures you posted?
Thanks.

I doubt someone who knows better gonna ask me that? Too dumb
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by xnsandrxns: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
The Ooni is SUPREME
Let others fall in line

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by JimmySnow: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
Honestly, I'm not surprise by Olugbo of Ugbo remark on the history of Yorubaland. If you ever worked or load petroleum product at Obat Petroleum. Everything about them is confusion. Forgive to say this, is the wrong person to be a king in Yorubaland. Search for his antecedent you will know better.

1 Like

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by omonnakoda: 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
Noblecx:
The oldest stool in Yorubaland.
You can't be talking of tradition without mentioning him...
What is the basis for this claim ? Do you have evidence. I am not saying it is true or false but can you substantiate this claim?
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Noblecx: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
What is the basis for this claim ? Do you have evidence. I am not saying it is true or false but can you substantiate this claim?

I didn't make that claim for people to believe or not, you might do yourself a favour by researching and finding out why??
What about that undecided
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by omonnakoda: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
JimmySnow:
Honestly, I'm not surprise by Olugbo of Ugbo remark on the history of Yorubaland. If you ever worked or load petroleum product at Obat Petroleum. Everything about them is confusion. Forgive to say this, is the wrong person to be a king in Yorubaland. Search for his antecedent you will know better.
I do not think Obat petroleum is relevant let us learn to debate respectfully . People are entitled to different perspectives even if they are "wrong" No one is questioning the mental health of the Oba of Benin. The Quran claims Ibrahim tried to slaughter his son Ismail . The Bible claims Abraham tried to slaughter Isaac. Abuse does not resolve conflict.

If indeed we are looking for peace in Yoruba land we must learn to find a win-win approach to resolving conflicts .Especially conflicts such as these which are impossible to clarify factually. Opposite stories can be "true" in a way that allows peace to reign. Yes Yoruba claim Omo Oduduwa for expediency and so on.Those who are honest with themselves know this is as much a fiction as the Garden of Eden or Noah's Ark story/So what? Yoruba have beeen around for thousands of years whilst Oduduwa is a 1000 year story.

Shouting down Olugbo changes nothing .He believes his claim and I am sure his people do.

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by omonnakoda: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
Noblecx:

I didn't make that claim for people to believe or not, you might do yourself a favour by researching and finding out why??
What about that undecided
This is a public forum expect claims to be questioned whatever your motives might be. Probably the internet will be around in 100 years and those that are coming will see that it was questioned without riposte
We can therefore safely put it in the category of "unsubstantiated conjecture" and move on
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Noblecx: 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
This is a public forum expect claims to be questioned whatever your motives might be. Probably the internet will be around in 100 years and those that are coming will see that it was questioned without riposte
We can therefore safely put it in the category of "unsubstantiated conjecture" and move on

Get on with it, that was what I already expected, before you quoted me without reasonable substantiated reason.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by omonnakoda: 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
Noblecx:

Get on with it, that was what I already expected, before you quoted me without reasonable substantiated reason.
I quoted you BECAUSE your quote was there to be quoted . No doubt you like the idea but it is just fantasy and nothing else
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by Lawal1470(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
the first question to ask is, why do you expect the contemporary king to know more about their ancestors when all things are been done with Auction. According to them, you have money, you are automatically king. to hell with tradition! and slowly, we started loosing out of our epistemological tree of existence. the man is old and am sure his brain is not functioning properly again, they believe they can just open their buca cavity and talk nonsense. well, its not his fault. it is the people who made him king.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by fatiaforreal: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
This response is much more of abuse than addressing the issue. Oduduwa met people in Ile Ife and they had their king, Olugbo.
Whatever happened, political or war, that led to the migration of the people out of Ile Ife does not deny the fact that Olugbo is the oldest monarch in Ife or probably Yorubaland.
I see no big deal about the Ugbos claiming their kings came from the sky. The Ogisos in Benin were rulers from the sky according to the Binis, according to some versions of the story too, Oduduwa descended from the sky with chain. everyone is guilty of it.
In my view, Olugbo deserves a place of honour in yorubaland, they are the most ancient Yoruba people.
Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by omonnakoda: 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
fatiaforreal:
This response is much more of abuse than addressing the issue. Oduduwa met people in Ile Ife and they had their king, Olugbo.
Whatever happened, political or war, that led to the migration of the people out of Ile Ife does not deny the fact that Olugbo is the oldest monarch in Ife or probably Yorubaland.
I see no big deal about the Ugbos claiming their kings came from the sky. The Ogisos in Benin were rulers from the sky according to the Binis, according to some versions of the story too, Oduduwa descended from the sky with chain. everyone is guilty of it.
In my view, Olugbo deserves a place of honour in yorubaland, they are the most ancient Yoruba people.

Accepting the emboldened is true. We cannot then conclude that
a) It was Olugbo
b) It was only Olugbo

So accepting Olugbo's claim is not enough to infer then that Olugbo is Oldest.
It is possible and likely that there were other groups in what we now know as Yorubaland just like there was a group in Ife. There is no objective evidence that Yoruba life started in Ile-Ife. That story is more symbolic than actual.
What is more likely is that what we know as Yoruba is a product of multiple point integration rather than single point dispersal.

Of course the Ife dispersal myth gained currency and indeed a stamp of authenticity in a way similar to how Semitic peoples trace ancestry to Abraham/Ibrahim.

We can only guess and speculate

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? by fatiaforreal: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
Antoeni:
If it's not the great Bini Kingdom, it can never be like it, long live our King, (Oba of Benin). The great benin kingdom is only kingdom kingdom dat has well preserved rich cultural heritage , beliefs ,norms, Tradition and Values
Dont deceive yourself. Yoruba people ask questions, thats why we are where we are today and you remain locked in the past.
Beyond Oduduwa/Ekalerdahan fabrication, have you ever asked question about your origin? Osanobua came down from heaven and had three children, one of which is Olokun, and the last born founded Igodomogodo(later Benin), descendant of whom became the Ogisos. You believe in this bullshit and think you have something you are preserving?
Yorubas ask questions, so what we are experiencing is normal. The positions will be harmonised with time. Oduduwa is a convenient rallying point in yoruba history. the history dates well beyond Oduduwa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Àwon Òwe Ile Yorùbá (proverbs Of The Yoruba People) / Update From The Burial Of Emir Of Lafia, Isa Mustafa [PHOTOS] / Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.