Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,742 members, 7,851,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding (509 Views)

How $505m Recovered Funds Were Re-looted / Buhari's Daughters Dancing At Zahra's Wedding Reception In Abuja (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari Looking Dapper At Zahra's Wedding Ball (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by Smoke2015: 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
The Federal Government has denounced claims insinuating that government funds were used in organizing an extravagant wedding for the First Daughter, Zahra Buhari.

This was communicated through Garba Shehu, official Spokesperson to the President Buhari, insisting that government funds were not used to pay for Zahra Buhari's wedding to Ahmed Indimi, the son of an oil billionaire.

In a statement released this afternoon, Shehu stated that the President's family and personal aides paid the wedding bill.

The statement reads:

"Zahra Muhammadu Buhari's wedding to Ahmed Mohammed Indimi starting today is a celebrity event to savor any day. Much as the family wants to make their daughter happy they, however, will not make it a royal wedding.

The President's family is trying hard to keep it as simple as possible. Wedding Lalle, Fatiha, lunch event for the men and dinner for the women who must have come from far and near and the bride heads to her husband! In a rare twist, the President asked to be given the bill for the food at the banquet. Government, he said, has no business paying for that."

This should be treated as private. His family and personal aides put the money together to foot the bill. No government money in invitation cards, souvenirs or Aso-Ebi. That's essential Buhari for you!!"

http://mojidelano.com/2016/12/fg-denounces-claims-that-government-funds-were-used-to-organize-zahra-buharis-wedding/
cc: lalasticlala seun
Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by 40kobo77: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ftc

The feeling of ftc wow. Big shout out to Chioma that lives in Ajangbandi and know that my phone got stolen and not me running away because of Christmas.

Big shout out to Onome from Uniben,you are the most beautiful thing in the world,your eyes remind me of butter.

Devil punish my coursemate wey make me put my 8k for MMM.
Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by IVORY2009(m): 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
hahahaha
Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by rayblast(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
We weren't expecting d FG to agree with us Buh We know say our money dey inside sha
Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by acenazt: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
This happen to be a northern wedding. Where everything is Done by The Husband and his family. In this case Zahra is getting wedded to A billionaire's son. How would someone possibly insinuate such Stories?

1 Like

Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by DaBullIT(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
acenazt:
This happen to be a northern wedding. Where everything is Done by The Husband and his family. In this case Zahra is getting wedded to A billionaire's son. How would someone possibly insinuate such Stories?

Can you imagine people ?? not so long ago , Buhari was furious that the Husband showered Zahra with gifts and canceled the wedding earlier

I knew at some point some ediots will accuse Buhari of using Public funds ,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by DropShot: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
The onus is on those peddling the claim to provide evidence.

The Buhari we know will not touch our kobo.

Mai gaskiya!
Re: FG Denounces Claims That Government Funds Were Used To Pay For Zahra's Wedding by eezeribe(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Na so

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of FFK, Obanikoro, Bala Mohammed In EFCC Custody / High Patronage As Gov. yahaya Bello Pays Kogi Civil Servants 4-12 Months Salary / B’haram Member Arrested In Lagos, FG Urges Support For Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.