Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,579 members, 7,847,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? (2815 Views)

Let's Peek Into A Smartphone's Brain / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by queenfav(f): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ebuka2016:

hmm just wen u tot u've seen it all. Wat is cubetalk again? Is it a chinese company? Btw u should have just gotten Z10 or Z3 or even Q5. Bold 5 wahala dey too much.
cubetalk makes good tablets o,but no care center in Nigeria.I loved that bold 5 because i had a powerbank so battery was never an issue.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
queenfav:
cubetalk makes good tablets o,but no care center in Nigeria.I loved that bold 5 because i had a powerbank so battery was never an issue.
ok oo i didnt actually ask whether its a chinese brand because i tot its not durable, i just asked because it mostly china dat come up with all these funny names. Most chinese brands are very good so i dnt under rate dem. Bold 5's b3 is not just its prob, it tends to develope lots of fault as time goes on.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Ebuka2016:

bro how much does this smartphone cost? Seems like a lot of pple love d device

This phone is superb. You will get the best deal in TECNO retail stores from 92-95k. You can also take the opportunity of the on going promo of 20% discount from exclusive stores.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Iamdemola:

This phone is superb. You will get the best deal in TECNO retail stores from 92-95k. You can also take the opportunity of the on going promo of 20% discount from exclusive stores.
ok thanks a lot
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by kennyhydee(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Personally, the most important thing to me when using a phone is how well optimised d software is to use d hardware. I hate it when a phone hangs or drags. That was y i switched from android to Windows Phone. Currently using a Lumia 540, and it is as smooth as d word suggest even if d hardware os nothing to write home about. Am not photo centric so a good camera would do for me. D screen is also something i consider, anything above 5.0 -5.2 inches is a no. And FHD resolution is just enough, all these QHF resolutions are just for spec wars. Weight is also something i consider, if u are above 140g, then am not interested. I like phones that utilise d front panel well, they call is screen-to-body ratio,it should b above 75%. Build quality and design, I hate phones with glass backs (galaxy S7), and last but not least i need a good battery that can go a day without needing to b fed! Some phones have 5000mah battery capacity yet te performance would b mediocre. It all boils down to optimization again, which is where Apple excels but cant do apple coz of their policies.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
I pay attention to only camera and ram.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by TappGroupNG: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Battery, camera, RAM size ect
All these is why I love the phantom 6
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by chicwoman(f): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
The screen is okay, if you dont like it you can go for the phantom 6+
towncheerup:
For me screen is #1 it must be AMOLED DISPLAY because the screen is what you see all the time others are processor ,gpu, battery, camera and build quality and design. Tecno phantom 6 is a good phone but the screen put me off
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by chicwoman(f): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
You have good taste. The phantom 6 is excellent
TappGroupNG:
Battery, camera, RAM size ect
All these is why I love the phantom 6
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by chicwoman(f): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
That's why I like phantom 6, 3GB RAM and excellent camera
Catalin:
I pay attention to only camera and ram.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
chicwoman:
That's why I like phantom 6, 3GB RAM and excellent camera
Its quite expensive though.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by chicwoman(f): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lumia? That phone stressed me out, I couldnt share files and it was too complicated to use.
That's why I switched to tecno, I prefer it
kennyhydee:
Personally, the most important thing to me when using a phone is how well optimised d software is to use d hardware. I hate it when a phone hangs or drags. That was y i switched from android to Windows Phone. Currently using a Lumia 540, and it is as smooth as d word suggest even if d hardware os nothing to write home about. Am not photo centric so a good camera would do for me. D screen is also something i consider, anything above 5.0 -5.2 inches is a no. And FHD resolution is just enough, all these QHF resolutions are just for spec wars. Weight is also something i consider, if u are above 140g, then am not interested. I like phones that utilise d front panel well, they call is screen-to-body ratio,it should b above 75%. Build quality and design, I hate phones with glass backs (galaxy S7), and last but not least i need a good battery that can go a day without needing to b fed! Some phones have 5000mah battery capacity yet te performance would b mediocre. It all boils down to optimization again, which is where Apple excels but cant do apple coz of their policies.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by chicwoman(f): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
They are currently doing a promo
20% off, you can take advantage of it
Catalin:
Its quite expensive though.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
chicwoman:
They are currently doing a promo
20% off, you can take advantage of it
That's good.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by kennyhydee(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
chicwoman:
Lumia? That phone stressed me out, I couldnt share files and it was too complicated to use.
That's why I switched to tecno, I prefer it

It's just that u don't know how to use it. I share files when ever i want via Bluetooth. Well one mans food is Anoda mans poison. Me I like am and i dey enjoy am cheesygrin
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
As a lady, camera and RAM do it for me. I love the TECNO Camon C9 pro for this.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
kennyhydee:

It's just that u don't know how to use it. I share files when ever i want via Bluetooth. Well one mans food is Anoda mans poison. Me I like am and i dey enjoy am cheesygrin

Lumia is good but then you know how windows apps are? No variety unlike android. After sales service too is null. Tecno has all these
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
kennyhydee:

I used alumia 540 tpp but then since i switched to C9 pro, it is sweeter than sweet
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
shiftback:
design, specs, availability of replacement parts and value for money. My phantom 6 ticks all boxes

You have a good taste. That phone is a combination of C9 & Boom J8.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by shiftback: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2016
funmyade:

You have a good taste. That phone is a combination of C9 & Boom J8.
Thanks. I'm enjoying every bit of it.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by scarycuteface(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2016
Has to be the battery capacity, the RAM, the design, the processor too must be on point. That's why I'd love to have the Tecno Phantom 6. Fits all what I want in a device.
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
kennyhydee:
chai bro! i love ur taste mehn. U probably are a phone freak for u to know these stuff
Re: What Are The Details You Pay Attention To Before Buying A Smartphone? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2017
shiftback:

Thanks. I'm enjoying every bit of it.

Shine on sir. We will soon join you too cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Future Iphones Might Look Like This / Help, My Two Days Old Gionee A1lite Is Stolen! / Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.