Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,293 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15553 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
Even the Babangida's horses live a better life than the average Nigerian.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Sagamite:
May I ask you to let us know your objective in celebrating the death of another human being? What are you or your people will benefit from the death of Maryam Babangida?
And finally, please list 5 things this woman has done to you and your family to deserve this incredible treatment from you?

Much Respect.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

@Sagamite:
May I ask you to let us know your objective in celebrating the death of another human being? What are you or your people will benefit from the death of Maryam Babangida?
And finally, please list 5 things this woman has done to you and your family to deserve this incredible treatment from you?

Much Respect.

I will come to that when the death is confirmed.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

This is not true.

We all come from different homes, it is ok to handle things differently.
A smart man doesn't fight his enemies.

Are trying to imply nigerian leaders are good?And do u mean u don't stop or ward off aggressors?U must be living in an idle world,where is that?jesus mansion aka mirage,i guess,i don't live in that world,i live in the reaal world.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2009
Obviously, you did not catch my point, but it's ok.
Ride on, the land belongs to you.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

You are demonstrating more of what I would refer to as lack of objective approach here as I suspected would be the case. It seems you just follow a societal template on this issue.

Nothing can be done about the way they have lived their lives, but a lot of scorn can change the way they would live their lives in future.

Knowing Nigerians have a lot of hate for their wife/mother even in death might ensure they don't have optimal fun living with their loot.

you are the one that is demostrating lack of Objective approch here.
"Taking an objective approach to an issue means having due regard for the known valid evidence (relevant facts and viewpoints) pertaining to that issue. If relevant valid evidence is denied or falsified, an objective approach is impossible. An objective approach is particularly important in science, and in decision-making processes which affect large numbers of people (e.g. politics)."

as opposed to your point, my point is that these people already lived their lives and death has also proven that he is no respecter of persons . . . either a pope, the rich or the poor. Judging these people and raining curses on their dead souls does not change anything and the way they have lived their lives. What you and a whole lot of other people on this site are doing is nothing but creating more enemity and fuelling anger. Maryam Babangida died today or yesterday so did a whole lot of other people which were not known . . . does this change anything . . .NO.

No need to cast stones on her cos she was married to Ibrahim Babangida.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by nethacker(m): 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Even the Babangida's horses live a better life than the average Nigerian.
Oh Oh  shocked shocked i nvr knew pple r noticing this too and some idiots r here showing sympathy.Little did they know dat Nigeria's problems today was caused by her husband.Was she not there?  shocked what did she do? nothing  angry angry .Let her go to hell  angry

Depilot:

Rejoicing over anyone's death is the lowest level anyone could go.
Even animals do not behave like this.
Will u shut up and face reality?  angry angry .Hvnt u prayed to God in d past to punish n deal with the Nation's enemies?  shocked

2tait:

Is she really dead?
To me Maryam Babangida was a great woman!
She touched a lot of lives in many positive ways.
Whose lives if i may ask?  shocked perhaps u and your folks  grin grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2009
Depilot:

@Sagamite:

Much Respect.

MY POINT EXACTLY!!

Major Nidal Malik Hasan that the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base. He shoot and was near death. How come he was not left to die? how come he was preserved and treated? why not completely shoot and eradicate him? The is difference between america and africa. Do you know how many wars and hatred that would have been avoided due to unnecessary animosity and judgement?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Ajike: 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
since we all know that one day, we're going to die, why dont we try and do goog, have compassion for fellow human being, treat them as we would treat ourselves and our immediate family while alive. I believed maryam and co know fully well that they will die one day. while alive and God positioned them where they can help humanity why cant they do it with all sincerity even to a fault so that when they die people will not speak well of them not just because they av dead but because they really deserve it.

Please lets be good to ourselves and help humanity.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by redsun(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
On a light note,she will be remembered for being the glamorous FIRST LADY of nigeria,using our resources for blings.She was beautiful outwardly of course but inwardly evil.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by asha80(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
She died too fast.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
Imagine what America would like today is everyone was still holding on to what the white people did to the blacks in terms of segregation and racism.

The people that started all these are dead and gone, so are the first slaves in America. . .life goes on!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Depilot(m): 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
@nethacker:
Look, it's ok to see this situation differently and definitely fine to voice how you feel. But you do not have to be disrespectful. It is completely unnecessary and doesn't say anything pleasant about your root.
Let us all voice our opinions like adults.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by ayobase(m): 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
Who is she?
dont even know her?
She must be one of the ex-first mamas!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Depilot . . . leave him alone.
pple like them needs to be ignored.
He is only trynna flex behind his PC. . . talk about ignorance and childishness combined.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by yeswecan(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
Respect the dead folks, besides she is not IBB.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by ayobase(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
Who is she?
dont even know her?
She must be one  of the ex-first mamas!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

you are the one that is demostrating lack of Objective approch here.
"Taking an objective approach to an issue means having due regard for the known valid evidence (relevant facts and viewpoints) pertaining to that issue. If relevant valid evidence is denied or falsified, an objective approach is impossible. An objective approach is particularly important in science, and in decision-making processes which affect large numbers of people (e.g. politics)."

Are you telling me that I need more evidence that her family is living beyond their means with public loot that has resulted in Nigeria's decay and suffering and death of the masses?

Busta:

as opposed to your point, my point is that these people already lived their lives and death has also proven that he is no respecter of persons . . . either a pope, the rich or the poor. Judging these people and raining curses on their dead souls does not change anything and the way they have lived their lives. What you and a whole lot of other people on this site are doing is nothing but creating more enemity and fuelling anger. Maryam Babangida died today or yesterday so did a whole lot of other people which were not known . . . does this change anything . . .NO.

No need to cast stones on her cos she was married to Ibrahim Babangida.

My point when I say "would" live refers to her husband and kids that are still living of the stolen wealth.

Busta:

MY POINT EXACTLY!!

Major Nidal Malik Hasan that the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base. He shoot and was near death. How come he was not left to die? how come he was preserved and treated? why not completely shoot and eradicate him? The is difference between america and africa. Do you know how many wars and hatred that would have been avoided due to unnecessary animosity and judgement?

Please use better judgement.

The primary driver of treating him is to punish him and get info of any other person that might be involved which would be hard to get if he was killed.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by airzzee(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
The evil that men do live after them!!!

May God forgive her though. I am a GOOOOOD Christian.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

Imagine what America would like today is everyone was still holding on to what the white people did to the blacks in terms of segregation and racism.

The people that started all these are dead and gone, so are the first slaves in America. . .life goes on!!

Please stop making these senseless analogy as I really don't debate at this level.

You are comparing what people did 200 years ago to others that lived 200 years ago to the near and present decay with people still insultingly looking for how to return to power? And you are asking for forgiveness?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by jekwu8122: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2009
My dad died wen i was 5yr, i don't care abt maryam B.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Are you telling me that I need more evidence that her family is living beyond their means with public loot that has resulted in Nigeria's decay and suffering and death of the masses?
If that was the case, or if that is what you are basing this on, then every nigerian living abroad will be guilt of looting

Sagamite:
My point when I say "would" live refers to her husband and kids that are still living of the stolen wealth.
you are talking about using objective approach. . . where is your proof and evidence? your point is baseless . . . you gotta learn to be consitent

Sagamite:

Please use better judgement.

The primary driver of treating him is to punish him and get info of any other person that might be involved which would be hard to get if he was killed.

you don't even seem to understand your opinions anymore. If that is what you believe that why this arguement?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by jaybee3(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
why are you all going round circles? Sag has clearly stated that he ain't religious and IMO that's needed to be able to close ones eyes to the evil that the babangidas perpetrated on Nigerians.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

If that was the case, or if that is what you are basing this on, then every nigerian living abroad will be guilt of looting

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Babes, do you know what Nigerians call this car?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/53135_honda222_jpg478d0853456711aa509a5a595133bcbd

It is called "End of Discussion"!

That is the situation between me and you on this issue based on recent statements you have made especially this one quoted.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sagamite:

Please stop making these senseless analogy as I really don't debate at this level.

You are comparing what people did 200 years ago to others that lived 200 years ago to the near and present decay with people still insultingly looking for how to return to power? And you are asking for forgiveness?

arguing with you is pointless.
Whether it happened 200 or 1000 yrs ago, it happened in this lifetime.
U need to read thoroughly before typing in ur response. Remember u also mentioned that you used objective approach to analyze things . . .that is exactly what I am doing. U ought to be consitent guy.

Who said anything about asking for forgiveness . . .do not misquote or misinterprete me.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
lol . . . a car has nothing to do with this.
No need wasting the space to put up a picture.

"WORD"!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by naijaking1: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

lol . . . a car has nothing to do with this.
No need wasting the space to put up a picture.

"WORD"!!

Poor Busta, I should have warned you!
Old model honda car to dramatize attitudes towards the dead
You could have been better off arguing with a 5-year old in your own family.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by SeanT21(f): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
Only God knows her heart. RIP.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by intom: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
the dead stay dumb :p
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by bawomolo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
She had no fault. tell that to God cause he created her that way. Whether some people lost their parents due to lack of funds for the hospital bills . . .ask God about that cos he made things that way. I am not saying that she is any better than all the other dead people but pple don't need to disrespect the dead in that manner.

I guess Bernie madoff had no fault also, God created him that way right. I agree the dead shouldn't be disrespect but it's no surprise people have mixed feelings about this. She ended up dying at the mercy of an health care system her husband failed to provide during his tenure. Who knows if she could have had an earlier diagnosis if Nigeria had a solid heath care system?

Busta:

poor analogy considering America has tried to fix his flaws (civil rights bill, affirmative action), Nigeria still feels the wounds of Babanginda regime till this day, Maryam Babangida was also alleged to have embezzled money through her charity program.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Busta(f): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
naijaking1:

Poor Busta, I should have warned you!
Old model honda car to dramatize attitudes towards the dead
You could have been better off arguing with a 5-year old in your own family.

lol . . .same reasons I ran off in the first place.
NL has changed oooo . . . big time!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by MrCrackles(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
Busta:

lol . . .same reasons I ran off in the first place.
NL has changed oooo . . . big time!
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan / Ocholi's Service Of Songs: Osinbajo, Fashola, Ngige, Others In Attendance (Pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill In Self-defence - Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.