Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape (14460 Views)

Nigeria Vs Congo Friendly: APC Warns Gov Wike Over 'Arrival' Of Ebola In Rivers / 'Cry Cry Governor’, Amaechi Blasts Wike Over 2019 Election / Dino Melaye Reacts To Audio Tape With Akon Ikpeme Released By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by aminulive: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
Rivers governor subject to police investigation following leak of audio tape where he threatened to kill INEC officials.

The Nigerian police force is poised to investigate Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike over an audio tape that surfaced a few days ago where the Rivers frontman can be heard threatening to kill some electoral officers.

The Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim Kpotum, has setup a panel of detectives to launch an investigation into the matter.

In the audio published HERE, Wike was heard telling an aide to warn some INEC officals deployed from Plateau state, firther adding that they should return what he 'gave' them or he will 'kill' them.

He said;

“They should return what they gave them or I will kill them,”

The Rivers state government has since responded to the development, saying that the tape was doctored and was part of a calculated move to discredit the PDP's victory in the Re-run elections.

Don Awunah,spokesperson for the Nigerian police force, in a press release, stated that the IG was on top of the matter.

In his words;

“The IG has set up a team of detectives and experts to conduct a thorough investigation into the incidents mentioned by the INEC chairman with a view to unravelling those who directly or indirectly are responsible for such incidences and bring them to justice.The investigative team is also mandated to conduct forensic analysis on the audio report released by Sahara Reporters purportedly to be the voice of the Executive Governor of Rivers State, His Excellency Chief (Barr.) Nyesom Wike (CON) pertaining to the concluded elections.

He also called on other bodies to help with the investigations.

The election observers, civil society groups, Human Rights watchers and other stakeholders are equally called upon to assist the team with valuable information they may have.

Awunah concluded by adding that the investigation panel was being chaired by a deputy superintendent of the force (DSP) and they had a 30 day deadline to come up with a concrete, detailed report on the entire situation.

http://politicsngr.com/breaking-nigerian-police-investigate-wike-audio-tape/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2016

THERE IS NO CASE HERE BECAUSE A TAPE CAN BE FABRICATED BY ANY COMPUTER ENGINEER LIKE MYSELF........

INFACT VOICE ENGINERING IS ONE OF THE BASIC TENENTS OF COMPUTER ENG!!! cool

ALL I NEED IS A VOICE TEMPLETE FROM THE VICTIM AND A SOFTWARE I WOULD NOT MENTION HERE FOR CONSEVERTIVE REASONS!!

SO MR POLICE, BUHARI, OR MOPOL OR WATEVA..............

YOU HAVE NO CASE.!!!!!!!!!

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Costello559(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
Police? HE WILL BUY DEM OFF....

CARRY EFCC REACH IM SIDE...

NO B POLICE WAY okada man dy pay off...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Costello559(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Bbb

U dy vex ooo... Lol
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by temitemi1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
The id**ts are not investigating one of their own that was beheaded. Nonsense!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
Costello559:

U dy vex ooo... Lol

Lool
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Costello559(m): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Lool

Seriously... Na me first to dy type sef
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Costello559:

Lool na me jaare
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
Costello559:

Lool na me first press submit wink
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Costello559(m): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Lool na me first press submit wink

Lol... If e no move front page ehhhh... I go laf u till u pee
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Costello559:

E go reach dat wan na sure banker!!
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by ekpeye(m): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
temitemi1:
The id**ts are not investigating one of their own that was beheaded. Nonsense!
Five of them have been arrested and paraded in abuja they have even mentioned their sponsors, try and find out.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Everblazinggg(f): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
Gem gem......wike is in for it.
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
grin grin so when their kangaroo panel ends indicting Wike as it shall be teleguided to ,there is only one thing they can do to him NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

21 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by ddippset(m): 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
the way wike was mentioning kill kill kill ehn, as if he was talking about next sunday's christmas chicken. I still wonder why wike is not suing. dakuku said odilli helped wike at supreme court ,odilli has sued. dakuku said felix obuah wanted to inject his brother, obuah threatened to sue. why is wike not suing?

4 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Bigii(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
ddippset:
the way wike was mentioning kill kill kill ehn, as if he was talking about next sunday's christmas chicken. I still wonder why wike is not suing. dakuku said odilli helped wike at supreme court ,odilli has sued. dakuku said felix obuah wanted to inject his brother, obuah threatened to sue. why is wike not suing?

What are u saying

Pls calm down to our level, some of us here don't understand portuguese undecided

13 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Funlordjnr: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
It was his voice! Wike and his crew were simply caught in the act!

Now you know why the government wanted all lines registered!

4 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by ddippset(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
Bigii:

What are u saying

Pls calm down to our level, some of us here don't understand portuguese undecided
actually I can speak pidgin but I can't write it. let's hope someone comes along who could interprete in pidgin english for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by GMBuhari: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
In saner climes this bastris would be in jail for crimes bothering on bribery and threat to life
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
ddippset:
Because he knows the tape is useless and will not stop him from remaining in office till 2023.
There is absolutely nothing this kangaroo panel can do to him

9 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by veekid(m): 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2016

yeye yeye; like say e go get end
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Chiedu4Trump: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
DSS after Dasuki to recover tape of Jega's pre-election secret meeting with northern elders
http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/DSS-After-Dasuki-to-Recover-Tape-of-Jega-s-Pre-Election-Secret-Meeting-with-Northern-Elders/

1 Like

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by ruggedtimi(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Lol...people wey him go pay off...still threaten them put
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Fabulosdave01: 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
He is a criminal. A thug. Investigate him and APC members in that state. The violence in rivers must stop!!

1 Like

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
Costello559:

COME AND SOO OOOOO

FRONT PAGE TINS!!!! grin

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Firefire(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Imagine?
Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by shammah1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Waste of time. When will they investigate the SARS boss? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Kundagarten: 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Amaechi who brought the violence to Rivers state would go unchallenged?

6 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by TippyTop(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
And the SARS men shooting sporadically and snatching ballot boxes would be promoted.

13 Likes

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by seunlly(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
.Even if they are to investigate and wike is found guilty nothing will be done to it.
This is Nigeria not Europe country.

Imagine our senate president now walking in the street freely with all funds he has loot and many more.
if u get position for this country; then u can do anyhow u like especially if your party is ruling the nation.

lemme stop here I will continue after their investigation

1 Like

Re: Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape by Charly68: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
They do that thoroughly & tame the rampaging culture. He does not seems to care about loss of life provided he wins an election. We can't continue like this in a sane society . He must be tamed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Borno Governorship: Defeating Zulum Easiest Thing To Accomplish – Jajari / Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.