Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding (1753 Views)

Man Bleeding To Death At Idi-Iroko Bridge Maryland Mall, Lagos (Photos) / Please Doctors, What Causes Nose Bleeding / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding by fineyemi(m): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
When there is bleeding from the nose(nostrils) the following steps are to be followed:
Let the victim sit on a comfortable place such as chair
Lem him receive fresh air
The vitims head shold be bent backwards slighthly so as to reduce or prevent further loss of blood
The victim should be encouraged to breath through the mouth and not through the nose to reduce or prevent loss of blood and also to promot clotting. The nose is pinched for minutes.
Use cotton wool or tissue paper to remove blood from the notrils and push in some of the cotton wool or tissue paper into the nitrils to absorb blood. The blood soaked cotton wool is removed at interval and new cotton wool is pushed in until bleeding stops.
The nose must not be blown, as doing so will promote bleeding.
Apply pressure point. Press the carotid artery against the jaw bone to reduce bleeding
Send the victim to hospital for medical treatment.
http://www.fineyemiblog.com/2016/12/nose-bleed-how-to-take-care-of-nose.html

Re: Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding by igraman(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
what's carotid artery??
Re: Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
sad sad sad
Re: Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
@Op I think you made a mistake- the victim's head should not be bent backwards to prevent aspiration and swallowing of blood. *just like in the pic*

Other than that great job. Applying pressure to the carotid artery is completely new to me.

Do you mind posting the source? I would love to read more on it.
Re: Nose Bleed - How To Take Care Of Nose Bleeding by fineyemi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2016
snapscore:
@Op I think you made a mistake- the victim's head should not be bent backwards to prevent aspiration and swallowing of blood. *just like in the pic*

Other than that great job. Applying pressure to the carotid artery is completely new to me.

Do you mind posting the source? I would love to read more on it.
http://www.fineyemiblog.com/2016/12/nose-bleed-how-to-take-care-of-nose.html

(1) (Reply)

Full Body Sanitizing Chamber With Body Temperature Scanner And Hand Sanitizer / AZD1222 vaccine met primary efficacy endpoint in preventing COVID-19 / Anybody Wearing Braces In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.