Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? (9758 Views)

The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate / 2019: Inec To Register 5 New Parties (tribune) / "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Ask4Info: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
Hello Dear Politically savvy Nairalanders,

With a heavy heart and all seriously while expecting Fully mature responses, i will like to find out the following:

1) What does it take to Register a Political Party?

2) What documents does INEC require?

3) What about is required and how much should be the least minimum balance of the parties account at any given time?

4) What is the minimum number of members who can form a political party?

Fellow Nigerian youths, the time has come for we all to seize permanently the political mantle from these greedy and heartless men and women who from 1960 till date care only about the stomach, large accounts and their loved ones. They unite in looting the country dry while turning the general populace against themselves.

Come 2019, even if we the youths (4years and below) have not fully succeeded in chasing these greeding folks from our political terrain, by 2023 show should have stamped our feet in take over leadership.

Irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity, educational and financial status, now is the time to unite to determine our future and that of our children

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Nice
Also, what's the minimum age for people running for office at different government levels?

It will be pretty amusing if Nairaland forms it's own party

Nairaland Democratic Progressives grin

http://lawpadi.com/register-political-party-nigeria/
Basically you need a logo, name, constitution, etc. And registration fee is just N1 million. So if you're/we're serious it is very achievable.

6 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by BarakOkenny(m): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Your certificate.. Simply because we don't want an uncertified dullard at the helm of power again.

10 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by seXytOhbAd(m): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2016
1. Money - a lot of money
2. Balls. When thugs come for you and your members, you will need to fight.
3. Registered address. For obvious reasons. You cannot have a party without headquarters.
4. Membership of at least 200 pawns, and 10 officers. They will constitute the National working committee and other committees.
5. Money. Oh, Did I mention money earlier? My bad, it's just that you really need money to make your politics sweet. Imagine trying to go for the office of LG chairman with a budget of 500k....Now imagine you ran with a budget of 150million Naira. Got that? Good.
6. You also need a GOOD lie generator. I'd advise you hire Tonyebarcanista or Lai Muhammed. Tonye is still a learner and Lair Muhammed is currently unreachable at the moment. Maybe if pdp wins 2019,he will port there as well.
7. Lastly, you need to have at least 5 national pastors (Oritsejafor, oyedepo, adeboye etc), 1 regional priest (Mbaka), with several babalawos and Muslim clerics on retainer. They will stir the pot for you.
7a. Oh, you also need to have jobless bloggers like that guy(please furnish me with his name Jared something) to spread propaganda for you. Money is the principal commodity sha.

I call this the manual to success. Now like this post for no reason

Edit : To those sending me PM to join their campaign (Mr. Ex-vp), and contribute to their websites and blogs, I am a humble medical Dr working outside naija. My time ain't free, and the only niggas I give my free time to are my nairaland peeps .... Like I said in points 1 and 5, ego odikwa very necessary.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by ace05(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Awesome
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by EternalBeing: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Good question, I'll like to know too. Also, is it possible or are these people hypocrites? Everybody need to see this: https://www.nairaland.com/3525405/question-how-live-holy-life#52032924
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Chipappii(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2016
Yea, i support this, all those youths doing political thugs should thug for their fellow youths, parents fighting over bags of rice should fight for their children's future. If those greedy, selfish, old men really care, they can sit their punk ass down and give advices where they are needed. We should be responsible for our future, if we mess it up, bad for us, if make it better, good for us and not old men who should be on retirement deciding our fate for us..

Tomorrow is here already, we should be the leaders of today and not tomorrow..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
1. money

2. More money

3. Money and money

4. Money again and again

5. Money in money with money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Nice
Also, what's the minimum age for people running for office at different government levels?

It will be pretty amusing if Nairaland forms it's own party

Nairaland Democratic Progressives grin
President - 45
Senator - 35

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by genabc(m): 9:22am On Dec 18, 2016
Luv this thread.... Dnt av any idea abt party formation but it is time we youths do something.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by chronique(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2016
Not a bad idea but I don't trust Nigerian youths. It takes an Atiku, very little to spoil everything. All he needs to do is make the dollar rain on the eve of the election, and the party will be deserted. They would join you in shouting that they want change, but would easily switch over for a few peanuts.

8 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by tundeotunba(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2016
Great

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by victorazy(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2016
Common man need to know abeg because come 2019, even an okada man go win Buhari in election.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2016
CFCman:

President - 45
Senator - 35
OK, good to know. We need a 45 year old president tbh
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2016
3rdavefarms:
1. money

2. More money

3. Money and money

4. Money again and again

5. Money in money with money
Actually, just N1 million to get registered. The other money will be needed for advertising and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by wayne4loan: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2016
BarakOkenny:
Your certificate.. Simply because we don't want an uncertified dullard at the helm of power again.
shocked bros take am easy with that booby

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by qhilo(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:

With a heavy heart and all seriously while expecting Fully mature responses, i will like to find out the following:

3) What about is required and how much should be the least minimum balance of the parties account at any given time?

Fellow Nigerian youths, the time has come for we all to seize permanently the political mantle from these greedy and heartless men and women who from 1960 till date care only about the stomach, large accounts and their loved ones. They unite in looting the country dry while turning the general populace against themselves.

Come 2019, even if we the youths (4years and below) have not fully succeeded in chasing these greeding folks from our political terrain, by 2023 show should have stamped our feet in take over leadership.

Irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity, educational and financial status, now is the time to unite to determine our future and that of our children
50 naira
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Olaide1295: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2016
This is a very noble idea and I have been thinking of it for a while too. We have to be pragmatic about it if we want success.
My advice:
1. Let some 5-7 ppl who have the passion, time and knowhow form a WhatsApp group in the beginning.
2. Come up with eligibility requirements for potential members( a small fee may be included)
3. Create a Google form to accept entries(Name,emails, DOB, local government and state etc.
4. A quarterly meeting will be held. It is at that meeting that real matters will be discussed.

Since it'll be a revolution, we need movers and shakers.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by doubleportion: 9:29am On Dec 18, 2016
You must have offices in all state capital of t the federation
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by ddaammyy(f): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Following
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by phlio666(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2016
pm me so we can discus
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by tayoxx(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Oleeeee... your self wan chop too abi
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by kolado(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2016
According to the Constitution, the national headquater must be sited in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by ichommy(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2016
qhilo:

50 naira

Haba
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nairadean(m): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2016
Why Young Nigerians Will Thread Thorny Paths To
Leadership

"Youths are leaders of tomorrow", a statement
initiated by some Nigerian politicians to psyche out
Nigerian youths when they obviously know that their
assertion is yet to be realised in all ramifications.

...Majority of the youths ought to have been financially independent and enjoying a sustainable standard of living as obtained in some other sovereign states abroad but unfortunately the reverse is the case in the Nigerian state.

You will rarely find a Nigerian youth who won't
belong to one of these following ridiculous categories...

Read more on https://www.nairaland.com/3506076/why-young-nigerians-thread-thorny
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by JustCare: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2016
Ask4Info:

I have some of the documents downloaded and being worked on already. Let's join forces.

You have a pm

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by repogirl(f): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2016
Forgive me but I have lost all faith, most especially in the youths. Nigerian politics is for the greedy and wicked. If you were an angel before politics, Nigerian politics will corrupt you and turn you into something else. That's just the way it is.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
1. Money - a lot of money
2. Balls. When thugs come for you and your members, you will need to fight.
3. Registered address. For obvious reasons. You cannot have a party without headquarters.
4. Membership of at least 200 pawns, and 10 officers. They will constitute the National working committee and other committees.
5. Money. Did I mention money earlier? My bad, it's just that you really need money to make your politics sweet. Imagine trying to go for the office of LG chairman with a budget of 500k....Now imagine you ran with a budget of 150million Naira. Got it? Good.
6. You also need a GOOD lie generator. I'd advise you hire Tonyebarcanista or Lai Muhammed. Tonye is still a learner and Lair Muhammed is currently unreachable at the moment. Maybe if pdp wins 2019,he will port there as well.
7. Lastly, you need to have at least 5 national pastors (Oritsejafor, oyedepo, adeboye etc), 1 regional priest (Mbaka), and several babalawos and Muslim clerics on retainer. They will stir the pot for you.
Oh you also need to have jobless bloggers like that guy(please furnish me with his name jared something) to spread propaganda for you. Money is the principal commodity sha.

I call this the manual to success.
on point , op, take this advice
Re: What Does It Take To Register A Political Party? by JustCare: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2016
Olaide1295:
This is a very noble idea and I have been thinking of it for a while too. We have to be pragmatic about it if we want success.
My advice:
1. Let some 5-7 ppl who have the passion, time and knowhow form a WhatsApp group in the beginning.
2. Come up with eligibility requirements for potential members( a small fee may be included)
3. Create a Google form to accept entries(Name,emails, DOB, local government and state etc.
4. A quarterly meeting will be held. It is at that meeting that real matters will be discussed.

Since it'll be a revolution, we need movers and shakers.

Very good. It's high time we started something.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC To Ikpeazu: Abia Not A Hamlet You Rule Anyhow, Appoint Commissioners Now / APC Presidential Primary: Yahaya Bello's Supporters Commend Nigerians / Purported Governorship Candidate, Bashir Never Our Member – Kano LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.