Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ (12598 Views)

President Trump Laughing Behind Buhari As PMB Signs Papers: Caption Photo / Photos Of Yusuf Buhari As He Arrives Nigeria From Medical Trip Abroad / Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by motionz: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2016
The same Buhari and Nigeria that refused to respect the ECOWAS court judgement,ECOWAS will continue to be a Joke
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2016
He's the chief mediator as what? Somebody who knows and obeys court order? grin
Does Buhari obey court orders? ECOWAS sef, you're a mockery. The Dullard Buhari is a joke! undecided

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by tolexy007(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2016
bb
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by back2sender: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2016
swaggzDawg:
Ipob yoot wont like this naw....
Buhari and jammeh were once military men. There is always an espirit de corp amongst military men
Jammeh naa small pikin militarily for where buhari dey.
Looking at ecowas, there is no president that has or even comes close to the cloud of influence buhari has.
Jammeh cannot do anyhow where buhari dey.
Nigeria provide technical aid to gambia. So Gambia cannot insult Nigeria.
The opposition believes in buhari.
Nigeria on the path to greatness under the leadership if buhari.
Local development, i hear many roads are been worked on and motorable once again, except abia roads. This we will bring to president buhari attention.
Sustainable food production Ongoing, rice, tomato, beans, we are getting there.
We can sit amongst great nations once again.
Nigeria military men standing shoulder tall Unlike in the past when they cow in the face of terrorist.
New weapons and warships for our military men.
Improved welfare for our military Unlike in the past.
Improved power supply.
Dealt ijaw militants at arepo and ikorodu creeks a heavy blow Unlike in the past when they have a republic there.
The list continues.
God bless president buhari for this initiative of making Nigeria self sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by mkoabiola: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2016
Fayose will not be happy hearing ds breaking news.
He must av something yo say,u trust him.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by olusipimp(m): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2016
Ezedon:
he bought it with our money, he is incompetent
ode.......how much ur mumu get....u don chop bfor crying our money.....ode
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Okeikpu(m): 7:47am On Dec 18, 2016
I see

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by MosD: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2016
Come o, is it not the same buhari that caused the death of hundreds of people especially corpers in 2011 because he refused to concede defeat? Karma is still on queue for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Buhari is the WRONG'EST choice
dude has never been a democrat & has never conceded defeat!
The nomad 's been a sore loser!
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Itulah(m): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2016
faaz24:

Yeah, he remains the most respected african leader right now

You are joking right?

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by nwakibie3(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2016
ECOWAS is very much aware of what awaits buhari come 2019; they want to use this title to nail him so that he won't have any excuse leaving the seat when he will eventually be kicked out in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Sunnymatey(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
DropShot:

How, Mr Biafrat?
PresidentJameh and Buhari both have the same blood flowing in their vein, Mr name caller.

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by PIPPROF(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Despite all our internal crisis, Nigeria is still an international heavyweight.

I hope the future of this country gets better.

ECOWAS heavy weight undecided undecided undecided

common Ghana maintains stuff better than Nigeria
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by fkdmods: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Despite all our internal crisis, Nigeria is still an international heavyweight.

I hope the future of this country gets better.

It won't. I hate to burst you bubble but it's only going to get worse. Look around you. Do Nigerians seem like people who want to change their situations?

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by DropShot: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2016
Sunnymatey:
PresidentJameh and Buhari both have the same blood flowing in their vein, Mr name caller.
So, I was right to call you a Biafrat since same blood as Dilector Kanu flows in your vein. Not so?
grin
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by basybasy: 7:59am On Dec 18, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

THE SAME BUHARI THAT REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT IN 2011 NOT UNTIL 20 NYSC CORPERS PAID WITH THIER LIFES..

THIS SAME BUHARI THAT WRECKED A ECONOMY IN LESS THAN 6MONTHS.....

THIS SAME BUHARI THAT SAID THE BAMBOOS AND DOGS WOULD BE SOAKED IN BLOOD IF HE EVER LOST AN ELECTION.......

THIS SAME BUHARI THAT IS A TRIBALIST.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUHARI YOUR PROBLEM IS A PROBLEM....

UR ARE OUR PROBLEM...... AND THE BOYS DEM WE GO SOLVE EM......

WE GO JOIN HANDS TOGETHER AND SOLVE YOU

2019 LOADING!!!!!!. angry

ure sayn nonsence. Were u not in Nigeria wen Jonah and pdp were messing up? Dnt blame bubu, blame ur poor ebele that made us falled in d hand of bubu. If ebele did well, Nigerians would not abandon him. Ur brain is full of tribalism.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by 247Dior(m): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2016
This shows that Africa is a cursed continent... anyway they know he's jobless and ready to travel any time, any day n anywhere

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Greatfuture: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2016
ECOWAS SHOULD MAKE GOODLUCK JONATHAN OF NIGERIA AND THE PRESIDENT OF GHANA THE MEDIATORS CAUSE BOTH ARE SITTING PRESIDENT THAT LOST ELECTION AND WILLINGLY LEFT OFFICE AND CONCEDED DEFEAT. PMB SHOULD NOT BE THE ONE FOR THE JOB.

3 Likes

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by neonly: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2016
I jst hate anything dat partake with Bubu
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by sekundosekundo: 8:01am On Dec 18, 2016
Jayson1:
So we should start dancing nakked because he's the chief mediator?

Lol, what a befitting title to the chief dullard.

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by sekundosekundo: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2016
HRich:
Who's the Chairman of that ECOWAS HE MUST HAVE APC BLOOD IN HIM

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Jayson1: 8:06am On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=52031247][/quote]

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by faaz24: 8:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Itulah:

You are joking right?
Not at all, do you have a contrary opinion ?
Please let's us know
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Daskeepol(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Good one for buhari and nigeria as a whole... God bless Nigeria
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by MrPresident1: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Dem dun turn all our African 'leaders' to mumu grin

One world! grin grin

Jesus is coming wink

1 Like

Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Delonn(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2016
What nonsense ECOWAS is appointing PMB as chief mediator, is it the same ECOWAS PMB rejected it court orders? These guys simply wants to set Gambia ablaze.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by soath(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2016
Nland stop this joke now. Una even put CHIEF grin grin grin
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2016
This role is very similar to being named Chief House Slave of the white man for the purpose of keeping a defiant African nation in check.
Honestly I think since Buhari went to London for his ear infection, he came back a fully registered member of the uncle tom (white man's house slave) group of African leaders, a group that virtually all African nations are in, bar one of two like Jammeh and Mugabe.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Sunnymatey(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2016
DropShot:

So, I was right to call you a Biafrat since same blood as Dilector Kanu flows in your vein. Not so?
grin
You are very wrong cus am only stating the ovious bw Jameh and Buhari. In your case, you may have heard of Kanu but certainly knows nothing about me so as to tell whether we have anything in common.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2016
I laugh in Benin. Jammeh will do to all head of state that come to Gambia what is done to shit money.
Re: Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ by 9jaBloke: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Buhari is the least qualified person for that job going by his antecedence. Is like sending Shakau on a peace keeping mission.

I see your point and I'm tempted to agree, but look at it this way;
Yahya Jammeh seized power from an elected government via a military coup in 1994 and has remained in power ever since by re-electing himself.

He was eventually defeated at the polls this year-2016. He initially conceded defeat then suddenly did a U-turn and annulled the election. That's the action of a military man who wants to remain perpetually in power.

The Gambia is a member country of ECOWAS and apart from it's economic functions, ECOWAS owes every member country the duty of peacekeeping and ensuring political stability.

Forget the terminology 'Chief Mediator', what they are actually going there to do is to wrest power from Jammeh and give it to Barrow- just like OBJ did in Sao-Tome. There is need for some show of force.

ECOWAS is headquartered in Nigeria. President Buhari has a reputation as a no-nonsense military man. In spite of all the issues I have with the present government, I think he is the right man for the Gambia job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Condemns UNIPORT Killings / Shocking VIDEO : Abobaku Tied And Buried Alive / Nigerian Banks Aid Looters - EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.