Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,757 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? (13957 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by imomoh24(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2009
Hi,

I am not really one to bring up such issues, except in the confines of my home and with my family, but watching Big brother lately, I had little choice.
There is this contestant called Nkenna in the house, she is supposed to be a Nigeria and Igbo for that matter.

I know Nigeria as a nation has its issues, but defining who a true Nigerian woman is, is definitely not one of them.
I mean this is a woman that does not know how to cook, clean, talk or even eat. I would have loved to say much about how she has carried herself in the house, but I am very sure I would run out of space before long. What got to that prompted this piece was when she said "She is now a celebrity and doesn't think she can continue going out with her Boyfriend as he would want to shine with her". Hey that is hitting below the belt and it irked me.

This is a woman that could not prepare vegetable source that my 10 year old sister can do, can not eat Spaghetti, that was prepared by another person, and was soiling up to her nose.

I would appreciate comments from "people that are watching the show".
Will be waiting for someone to tell me why I should see her as a model of a Nigerian woman.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by toluxa1(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2009
Speechless!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Positivity(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2009
@ OP: Just u wait till Nairalanders get hold of this topic. Nkenna's uncouth no doubt but riding roughshod on her boyfriend like that when Nigerians don't even like her. . . so much for feeling like a star, is she delusional or something? undecided
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by omohwunmmy: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2009
God forbid dat Nkenna is a model of a Nigerian woman. she is , cant find the word. I am a Nigerian but even if am raving mad i cant be as uncouth as Nkenna.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2009
Only those watching the show on a daily basis can really tell the agony they go thru anytime that girl comes on the screen. She has done more than a massive tsunami to what is left of our already battered image. I feel personally pained anytime she opens her mouth to talk. These days sha, I've decided keep my sanity by always changing channels anytime the cameras are on her. She ought to have been evicted from the house, like 2 months back!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2009
even me wey be man can cook all types of foods.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by simmy(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2009
believe it or not, t\she is the true representation of the average Nigerian. Yep, as daft as she is.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by OmoAlex: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2009
Is anybody still watching Big Brother

I dont seem to know anyone who watches it .
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2009
did anyone listen to the recruitment ads before big brother commenced - a man has talking to his slacker son who was in his late twenties and did nothing but loaf around the house - tired of harassing him - he asked him if he wanted to have fun etc, told him to get a form for bbA3

anyone who is looking for role models on BB is confused.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by imomoh24(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2009
@Simmy, you are saying, by implication, that the average Nigerian woman is daft. I would beg to disagree with you.

Infact, calling her daft is even a plus for her. There are no adjectives that describe that woman. Anytime she opens her mouth, I would be like "Not again". She is so crude, and I know that the average Nigerian Woman is not. She doesn't have our "effizzy". She shouts at the smallest thing, rushes for food.
She is just not it.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Pappyman: 11:32am On Nov 16, 2009
Really, I feel sad each time I see her talking.She has rubbished our image on that program.She once openly discussed her involvement in exam malpractise, said unprintable things about security and safety of lives in Lagos. The worse is that she mentioned the name of one company she applied for job before she entered BB competition and said it openly that the owner of the business asked her out and carelessly mentioned the man's name.
She talked without reservation and it is so annoying.When Aunty Dora is working night and day on rebranding Nigeria one useless girl that should be our Ambassador is just messing the country up anyhow.I think she just need to leave that house before the little respect we have as a country is totally destroyed by that bush girl.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by simmy(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2009
@imomoh
grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin
i agree with u. its just tht i know a number of 9ja girls just like her. She's way beyond daft
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by wendieposh: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2009
the girl gives me goose bumps anytime she comes on screen, shes already feeling like shes one big star but doesnt have an idea that she'll fizzle away just the way she fizzled herself on our screen, even if she wins the money which she cant and wont win,she will just be the laughing stock she has turned herself into and a total embarrassment to herself!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chidichris(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2009
@poster,
there is one thing i have noticed with nigeria and nigerians and that is a great hatred for truth.
personally, i don't go with the wind(crowd).
let me come down a bit.
on the issues raised by your post,
1. celebrity - is she one? answer is yes, she is bcs if you wait for her on the day of her return, nigerian press and someother international press will be after her and wether we like or not, she is there and that is what celebrity means her personal abilities not withstanding.
2. her boyfriend - she knows the kind of bf she has. the kind of places they hang out and his abilities and as such she finds herself somewhere above him by going to south africa(bba). what we shld be looking at here is wether her position or decission is a good one or not. remember, no one can advise anyone to go into a relationship out of pitty or sympathy.
3. cooking/eating ability - i watched leonel once split into a plate of food he was eating just to make sure no other person eats his food and by God's grace he is not a nigerian. is nkenna the worst cook in the house? if u are not biased or partial in ur judgements, then let us know ur bases for this comparism.
4. true nigerian woman - having mentioned your 10 yr younger sister in whom u have much belief, can we assume she is a true nigerian woman? nigeria as a country cannot give what they don't have. it is either nkenna is the best nigerian woman available for the bba show or we lack selection manners of which she will not be blamed.next time, get involved in choosing the best person to represent nigeria or forever remain silent.
in case you have forgotten, bba is a reality show designed for people to express themselves and win a price for themselves and not for u and i. the key in the house is do what you can do to get the funds and i think that is what each and everyone of them is doing day in, day out so let us not fool ourselves listening to what they say of do.
do not be decieved, 99% of whatever they do or say there are lies just to entertain their audience and get their votes when necessary.
i don't want to sound rude to u but know it that u are nothing but a victim of bba fool. take for instance, nkenna was going out with a trader whose value was at N2m and she happens to come back with almost N30m as a woman, do u expect her to go back to her N2m man when a lot of N100m men will be out there to have at least a taste of a bba star?
my dear, vote her if u like her things and vote her oponent if u care but this public campeign to pull her down is one of our worst actions as a people whenever one of us is in a life changing proggrame.
if you are offended with whatsoever she is doing there, be a man and wait till next yr so that u can ask ur sisters who are well behaved to represent niger, till then.
nigerians like pretence, go to our banks and public areas and see our women, 99% cannot express themselves in english. what are we saying here, nigerian educational system has succeeded in making its products a reflection of the general system and we know the truth.
for nkenna, let her do whatever she considers right to fetch her the award price which is her main purpose of going to bba. after all, there were better opositions who had left the house earlier than now.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chukz4real(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders, my problem with Nkenna is not about knowing how to cook neither is it knowing how to eat. I sincerely believe her community (village) and state (Imo State) will not dare acknowledge her to be their model either.

This is a Nigerian woman out there damaging the nations image the more: For example,

1. Nkenna had once told us that her elder sister is still unmarried and giving the family some concern as they pray and fast day and night for suitors to come knocking,

2. Nkenna told House Mates how she cheated at IMSU  (Basic Electricity), mentioned the invigilator' name, names of her coursemates that were rusticated due to same offence. And despite the cheating, she failed the course and her family went to the school to find out why their daughter should fail.

3. Telling Africans that Geralding attended Ajebota' university unlike hers where they cut students necks (uplifting cultism)

4. That its a taboo for a man to kiss a woman in Nigeria

5. She has nothing to do with guys. Admitted to have dated at least five (5) ladies - Is she telling Africa that she' bisexual?

Nkenna sucks!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Positivity(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ok, ok before emotions begin to run high, I think we should all criticize constructively.

IMO, Nkenna doesn't represent the average Nigerian lady, she's barely said anything good about her country rather she talks of cultism and exam malpractices a lot! lipsrsealed Agreed, she's not the only guilty party but her intent in mudslinging Nigeria is so apparent and she seems to always go on and on. undecided

We've got more informed and brilliant ladies than her in Nigeria.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by nuesaweso(f): 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
She's a Bastard!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chukz4real(m): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Chidichris

1. celebrity - is she one? answer is yes, she is bcs if you wait for her on the day of her return, nigerian press and someother international press will be after her and wether we like or not, she is there and that is what celebrity means her personal abilities not withstanding.

Lets watch and see. But if having the press around oneself is what makes one a celebrity, then paraded armed robbers and militants are celebrities as well.

2. her boyfriend - she knows the kind of bf she has. the kind of places they hang out and his abilities and as such she finds herself somewhere above him by going to south africa(bba). what we shld be looking at here is wether her position or decission is a good one or not. remember, no one can advise anyone to go into a relationship out of pitty or sympathy.

I have seen good Nigerian ladies helping out their boyfriend/husband to attaining  the level they are and even more than themselves.

3. cooking/eating ability - i watched leonel once split into a plate of food he was eating just to make sure no other person eats his food and by God's grace he is not a nigerian. is nkenna the worst cook in the house? if u are not biased or partial in your judgements, then let us know your bases for this comparism.

Comparing Nkenna and Leonel? Maybe you didn't watch Leonel' answer to Ik sunday evening during the eviction show. Leonel told Africans he did that because he felt bad. Remember he apologised same day in the diary room.

4. true nigerian woman - having mentioned your 10 yr younger sister in whom u have much belief, can we assume she is a true nigerian woman? nigeria as a country cannot give what they don't have. it is either nkenna is the best nigerian woman available for the bba show or we lack selection manners of which she will not be blamed.next time, get involved in choosing the best person to represent nigeria or forever remain silent.

BBA is for those that are interested. Note that there are footballers out there playing more the Mikels, Okoro', Ikechukwu', etc. Its all about opportunity and who u know syndrome. Talk like a Nigerian cos u are one bro.

nigerians like pretence, go to our banks and public areas and see our women, 99% cannot express themselves in english. what are we saying here, nigerian educational system has succeeded in making its products a reflection of the general system and we know the truth.
for nkenna, let her do whatever she considers right to fetch her the award price which is her main purpose of going to bba. after all, there were better opositions who had left the house earlier than now.

Remember Nkenna is not the only Nigerian representative out there. Geraldine and Kelvin are Nigerians as well. Geraldine' being mute is better appreciated than Nkenna' stupidity.

That is my opinion though, bro, watch and read before you post. Your sister Nkenna had done well in telling us that IMSU graduates cheats in their examination to earn the certificates, I wonder if other BBA house mates didn't attend University, or they attended a local one that they are ashamed to talk about. Maybe, they don't have parents and siblings that are not married like Nkenna' elder sister.

From Nkenna' profile, she is 23yrs of age and she told us some weeks back that her immediate younger sister is 27. Hmmm, that is a true Model of Imo State woman to Chidichris.

Bon voyage,
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by octokitty(f): 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
i just feel she has said enough,really said too much,it just goes as a warning to us to actually watch wat we say in public,i really ve to say d gal is silly,was she sent there to ridicule us?thats iis not a picture of a true nigerian lady,she has said all range of stuff,the annoying stuff is wat she says abt her Family 'JEEZ'.Abeg make she just come house and i ve d feeling d other African countries love her coos of diis her silly talks cos i dont knw y she is still in that house
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chukz4real(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
octokitty:

i just feel she has said enough,really said too much,it just goes as a warning to us to actually watch wat we say in public,i really ve to say d gal is silly,was she sent there to ridicule us?thats iis not a picture of a true nigerian lady,she has said all range of stuff,the annoying stuff is wat she says abt her Family 'JEEZ'.Abeg make she just come house and i ve d feeling d other African countries love her coos of diis her silly talks cos i dont knw y she is still in that house

Well said Octokitty.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by bigrod1: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2009
she is a typical naija babe who is not up to scratch but feels dat she is larger than life itself
simmy:

@imomoh
grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin
i agree with u. its just tht i know a number of 9ja girls just like her. She's way beyond daft

i agree with u jor
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Spike88(f): 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
I am not a BB fan but from the very few minutes I have seen, the girl Nkenna puts me off completely. I don't even think AJ city would harbour her sort. Rich or poor background, she's just not very decently brought up.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by goggs(m): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
Ikenna is one reason i stopped watching Big Brother. DAMN! That girl is whacked. How on earth did she get there in the first place? undecided
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by yjay(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
i'm sorry but shes just extremely local in every sense of the word, my friend was complaining abt the same thing and i told her she doesnt ve any form of finesse & my friend screamed & asked y i wld compare her with a huge word like that, so @poster ur answer is NO!!!!! shes nothing near a true representation of the Nigerian woman,
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2009

i am yet to hear one of us say she lied against nigeria.
cultism and cheating is the order of the day in our universities that have brought millions of mediocres into the society today.
to me, nkenna is above an average nigerian gal.
we are mad and useless. nothing is working here and we hate truth like death.
the lights in the stadium went off the other day while an international match(a world cup) tournament was going on and i am here to announce to u that a nigerian was telling us that the people just off the lights to let people see the fireworks and he was really serious about his position.
hopw long are we going to hide our sins and shortcomings? if any of us says the truth, we will call for his or her head.
i am not here to praise her actions rather am here to announce to us that we as a pupil are a continental disgrace and there is nothing any of us is doing abt that.
if any of us have a sister that will represent us better, let that one prepare her from now till next yr and we will be here to support her.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by rotimy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2009
@POSTERS
BB3 is for losers! I have not watched one day and will never ever have time for a childish thing like that. How will the program benefit an adult? The people that the select are dead brains that cannot correctly answer one question on Who wats to be a Millionaire or join the Debaters at Mo Abudu show
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by goggs(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
i am yet to hear one of us say she lied against nigeria.

OK, Who in the Big Brother House is saying anything about their country? the nasty parts? Who is saying that the crime rate in south africa is through the roof? What of the demostrations, recession and poverty? Whos is saying that Mozambique is still in the aftermath of the most senseless war in world history, who in the House is talking about the worst recession about to hit Namibia and how it is affecting the citizens, crime rate and political dissaffection. Who goes out of his or her house to cry about the families troubles. NO ONE wants to hear that. Big Brother is not about "telling me your country's problems and i will tell you mine". Who else is doing that? She should control her tongue. PERIOD. Her personality sucks.

What has this got to do with lying about Nigeria?

1. Nkenna had once told us that her elder sister is still unmarried and giving the family some concern as they pray and fast day and night for suitors to come knocking,  

2. Nkenna told House Mates how she cheated at IMSU  (Basic Electricity), mentioned the invigilator' name, names of her coursemates that were rusticated due to same offence. And despite the cheating, she failed the course and her family went to the school to find out why their daughter should fail.

4. That its a taboo for a man to kiss a woman in Nigeria

5. She has nothing to do with guys. Admitted to have dated at least five (5) ladies - Is she telling Africa that she' bisexual?

Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by babuji(f): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
It is only a fool that says all that is in her mouth or heart,
Nkenna is just crass. Her behaviour is way irritating, she lacks decency and training,
and that is why SA and other countries have kept her in the house as an avenue to ridicule nigerians
you need to see the posts about her,

Even wikipedia referred to her as a "villager from nigeria"
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by mahal(m): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
oyb:

did anyone listen to the recruitment ads before big brother commenced - a man has talking to his slacker son who was in his late twenties and did nothing but loaf around the house - tired of harassing him - he asked him if he wanted to have fun etc, told him to get a form for bbA3

anyone who is looking for role models on BB is confused.

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by luv2talk(m): 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
hmm, Eeemo
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by jiniux(m): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2009
the lights in the stadium went off the other day while an international match(a world cup) tournament was going on and i am here to announce to u that a nigerian was telling us that the people just off the lights to let people see the fireworks and he was really serious about his position.[color=#990000]

do u think it is peculiar to Nigeria, in a game in the united states this weekend, the stadium light went off twice for almost half an hour and no one is making any fuss abt it. why do u guys always want to isolate and publicise only the negative sides of this country? menn! i tire oooo! i hope this people will begin to think aright soonest.

Nkenna has gone way toooooooooo  badddd.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by floriana(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
I will have to say that chidichris is dafter than Nkenna. Infact hes the daftest person on the face of the earth. Nkenna is like Bode George who will only have PDP thieves saying anything good about him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omotola Makes Her US TV Debut On 'Hit The Floor' / The Next Movie Star Reality Show / Wildfire - A Short Film Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.