Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" (9408 Views)

How to live a holy life: time tested and scriptural approach / 7 Ways To Live A Holy Life / The Possibility Of Living A Holy Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" by being(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
BeachTime:
You can't
This is a motivation to contribute.

You definitely CAN! This is the reason you are born again. Where sin abounds, Grace (Power) abounds much more Rom 5:20 means no matter what sin is in us, there is enough Grace or Resurrection Power that can dislodge that sin. But you see we need to wilfully cooperate with that power. Rom 8:13. But it's very important to note that it's not by our power we overcome sin, it's by the energy of the Spirit. We also need to acknowledge that the particular sin is in us and we cant deal with it ourselves and that only the Spirit can and then Grace will come through for us. This is what is meant when it's said that the Righteousness of God is inputed by Faith. It's NOT a one time (at new birth) Faith, it's continuous. From Faith to Faith! So the realisation of Rom 3:23 that I am included in the all that has sinned at new birth is some thing we would need to keep realising for Grace to be released continually also

1 Like

Re: Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
EternalBeing:

Understanding the science revealed on the following thread would permanently free those that still finds it hard to do without immorality.
Click :
https://www.nairaland.com/5546397/babcock-university-sextaped-girl-typifies#84317495

Iron sharpeneth Iron. I thank GOD that your kinds are still in this decaying world, we shall not miss Heaven IJN. The following has helped me:
Remember, we are not trying to live a holy life in order to earn salvation; the desire to live a holy life is a natural outgrowth of being saved by God’s grace and filled with His Spirit. It is also important to not give up when we mess up. When we fail, our response should be to confess the sin and keep moving forward in our Christian walk (1 John 1:9). Romans 8:1 says, “There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” God’s grace doesn’t go away when we make mistakes.

Answer: In order to address the question of how to live a holy life, we must first understand what holy means. To be holy means to be set apart or separate from sin and evil. God is holy—completely separate from everything that is evil (1 John 1:5). God calls us to be holy, just as He is (1 Peter 1:16, quoting Leviticus 19:2), but it’s vital to understand that apart from God this is impossible. We must have the Holy Spirit indwelling us and filling us with His holiness. We can only live a holy life through the power of the Spirit; thus, the first step to living a holy life is to accept Jesus as Savior (Ephesians 1:13).

Once we have taken that step of salvation, we are declared righteous (Romans 5:1). But what does it look like to be actually righteous—to live a holy life? In 1 Thessalonians 4:3–8, Paul emphasizes sexual purity as part of holy living: “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God” (verses 3–5).

Beyond avoiding sexual immorality and keeping sex within God’s design for marriage, we can live a holy life by being obedient to God in all areas of life (1 Peter 1:14–16). Knowing and obeying God’s Word is key (John 17:17). Hiding God’s Word in our hearts keeps us from sin (Psalm 119:11). When we live in obedience to God, we are staying separate from evil. We are offering our bodies as “living sacrifices” to God (Romans 12:1–2). The purpose of living a holy life is to glorify God and display His nature to those around us (Matthew 5:16). Living a holy life of obedience to God is living in true freedom from the bondage of sin (Romans 6:6).

It’s not always easy to choose obedience to God, especially if we’re trying to do it all on our own. Satan would love nothing more than to bring us back into bondage through disobedience. But we have the promise, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). The Holy Spirit will produce Christlikeness in us, and, as we yield to Him, we can live a holy life (Galatians 5:16).

Here is the mindset we should have: “Count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus” (Romans 6:11). Any time we face temptation, we should say, “I’m dead to that! That was part of my old life! I am a new creation in Christ!” (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). To live a holy life, to separate ourselves from sin, we must see ourselves as God does—as born-again children of the Most High, clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

We also have the benefit of being part of the Body of Christ. Fellowship with other Christians and making ourselves accountable to them is a great source of strength in living a holy life. As Christians, we are called to encourage one another in this matter (Hebrews 10:24–25).

Thank you Jesus I'm am saved. God bless u Sir.
Always remember me in your prayers to continue and contend for the faith. I'm blessed in Jesus name Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" by johnoj24(m): 12:42am On Nov 25, 2019
Eat the word of God like food......equation 1

Drink prayers like water................equation 2

Evangelise just as you go to toilet..equation 3

In summary avoid unnecessary/worldly discussions and always acknowledge the presence of God where ever you are, even in your secret have the knowledge that the lord is with you always.
To crown it all separate yourself from anything immorality...... If you are faithful in the above 3 equations it will help you to hate anything immoral .
Know yet that in doing this you are subduing the power of sin but you have not overcome it yet and that is why you see at times when you are on fasting, within that period is as though you are far from sin but after fasting what happened? You are back to flesh and flesh is the gateway to sin. The whole thing is to overcome so that you will have access to the tree of life which is in the mist of paradise (Revelation 2v7)
To overcome is a journey to embarked on, a cross to carry for every born again child of God.
We have much to learn I pray the lord open our spiritual eyes in Jesus name...

1 Like

Re: Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" by Emmaculate77(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2019
I posted this on Facebook yesterday and when I saw your post here, I thought it will really be helpful to you. God bless you.

THE GREATEST TOOL OF THE DEVIL AGAINST YOUR FAITH

I have come to understand by experience, observation, and the counceI of the Spirit the greatest tool the enemy uses the against Christians.
The major spot of attack of the devil against you is not circumstances, failures, death of loved ones, disappointment etc, but the word of God in you mind. He works in such a way to make YOU question the integrity of God’s word. God has NEVER done anything without his word, even the world was created by His word; ‘And God SAID, let there be light and there was light ‘(Gen 1). Note that the Spirit of God was on the surface of the waters but did not do anything until God spoke. It is the word of God that ACTIVATED the possibility of creation. It is the ESTABLISHMENT of the word of God that creates Realities. Wherever the word of God is, there will be possibilities; and the devil knows that, therefore, he attacks the ESTABLISHMENT of God’s word in you by creating thoughts based on the circumstances around you that will make you to question the faithfulness of the Almighty to His word.
The most notorious way, which has hitherto been conspicuous to the Christian family, that the devil has used to quench the hunger and passion of many and is still destroying a lot of souls occurs in the mind. The attack of the devil against Job was not by the circumstances surrounding him, but on the thoughts he (the devil) created from the circumstances. The devil has been using the same tactics through the following sentences posed to believes whenever they want to glorify God in their actions, “NOBODY HOLY PASS or NOBODY IS RIGHTEOUS or the mockery form of it, HOLIER THAN THOU and ARE YOU A SAINT?. “
Many Christians have been deceived into believing the definition of Holiness, righteousness, being a saint and perfection based on humans comprehension, interpretation and definition which are all orchestrated by the devil; for the canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit.
Christians have been forced back into their shells in the social sphere when they want to act on God’s word or commandment by these kind of questions, ‘ARE YOU A SAINT?... WHY DO YOU WANT TO CLAIM (pretending to be) WHAT YOU ARE NOT? (a saint).’
Most often than not, Christians have backed down from such confrontations and questions; And they refrain from doing what they aught to have done (God’s commandment). They back down in order not to appear PERFECT AND SINLESS; they want to APPEAR humble, an imperfect so that they will not be judged or CONDEMNED by men; so, they admit to NOT being Holy, righteous and a saint!.
In a Nation so corrupt as ours, you hear this statement often, ‘EVERYBODY in Nigeria is a THIEF and CORRUPT… So, there is no saint!.’
Our Lord Jesus said I should tell you, “NEVER YOU ‘DARE’ ACCEPT THAT IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN! (genuine)“.
Do you really know what being a saint is?, do you know what it means to be Holy and righteous?
In our ignorance and bid to appear humble, we have said that man CANNOT be perfect, Holy, Righteous and a Saint, but God said I should tell you that it is not true!; men can be a saint, Holy, Righteous, and perfect!.
As you read further, you will understand why God said that and how you too can be perfect.
The definition of these words are not determined by man or the devil, but by what GOD SAYS IT IS!.
The bible says, ‘These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a JUST (Holy) man and PERFECT in his generations, and Noah walked with God.(Genesis 6:9 KJV)
Did you see that!?.... Wow!.
How on earth could that be possible!?...
Here is what the Bible says about Abraham, “And he believed in the Lord ; and he counted it to him for RIGHTEOUSNESS. “(Genesis 15:6 KJV)
And God said, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I SET YOU APART ( made sacred, Holy or consecrated); I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”(Jeremiah 1:5 NIV)
The bible says, “Let your heart therefore be PERFECT with the Lord our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.”(1 Kings 8:61 KJV)
How could God ever ask you to be perfect if it wasn’t possible?.
The bible recorded that the heart of king Asa, David, Solomon, and many others were PERFECT before God.
Could this be possible?, hmm… who are you to question what God has called perfect?.
The same can be said about YOU and I.
The bible says, “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.” (2 Cor 5: 17)
And one of the most amazing verses of the Bible that often move me to tears is speaking about Christ and it says, “For He (God) hath made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be MADE the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in Him (Christ).” (2 Cor 5:21 KJV)
So, God has MADE (past tense) us righteous in Christ. That is to say, anyone who believe in Christ is already righteous!.
The bible says in verse 19 that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself WITHOUT IMPUTING OUR TRESPASSES UNTO US!... Hallelujah!. And it goes on to say that whoever believes in Christ will not perished (the punishment for sin) but have everlasting life!. For every soul that sins shall die, but Christ came and died that we may have life and have it more abundantly; so, as we grow into God’s standard or the knowledge of His word, we are not condemned because Christ has suffered the punishment(His death) for our sins and declared us FAULTLESS!... “There is therefore now no CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1 KJV)
And Apostle Paul writing to us Christians said, “Paul and Timothy, the servants of Jesus Christ, TO ALL THE SAINTS (people of God) IN CHRIST JESUS which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons…” (Philippians 1:1 KJV).
From this verse, it is clear that being a saint is not a title or a level of spirituality to be attained but a gift to ALL that has received Christ as the lord of their lives. So, you become a saint the second you give your life to Christ.
Having received this gift of salvation and the grace of God, we are JUST LIKE Christ!. “Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: BECAUSE AS HE IS, SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD.” (1 John 4:17 KJV)
And the big question is, how is He?.
He is righteous, Holy, Perfect…
God said that David was a man after His heart despite David’s mistakes and shortcomings. We shall be using king David as a case study to learn how to be God’s hubby,

HOW YOU CAN LIVE A HOLY AND PERFECT LIFE.
To live a holy life, you must do the following :
• You must KNOW God’s word – by continuous study of the word.
• You must have FAITH IN GOD’S WORD.
• You must FOLLOW God with utmost SINCERITY
• You must be TEACHABLE and OBEDIENT to God. Christ did not come for men who are perfect in their works but for men who are ready to learn from their mistakes and do what they have been taught.
• And lastly, you must have a REGULAR FELLOWSHIP with the Holy Spirit.
“… that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me” (Acts 26:18 KJV). We have received sanctification, Holiness and Righteousness by FAITH lest any man should boast. And we have received eternal life too!.
“And this is the RECORD (proof, evidence, testament) that God hath given to us ETERNAL LIFE, and this LIFE IS IN HIS SON.” (1 John 5:11 KJV)
That is to say that whoever has received the son has eternal life. For it written, every soul that sins shall die, but for us as Children of God, we have life; Because we are the righteousness of God and not sinners. We are the heirs of God through Christ!.
Holiness, saint, perfection and Righteousness is a gift of God to you and not what you think or feel about it.
So why do you accept men’s definition of you!?.
You are the salt of the world!.
You are the light of the world!.
You are a city built on a hill that can never be hidden; so, why on earth do you feel ashamed to testify who you are in Christ?. It is not humility when you refuse to say it, it is ignorance!. Never walk away next time without declaring your testimony; for this is the victory that overcomes the world even your FAITH!.
The bible said that they overcame the devil and the world by the word of their testimonies!. Your testimony is NOT a sign of PRIDE but an EVIDENCE of your testimony in the finished work of Christ!. Refuse to answer corrupt, refuse to allow the devil to condemn you for what Christ redeemed you from. Decide today to be the light God has made you to be!. Though you might make mistakes a times, GRACE HAS FOUND YOU!. Continue to grow in the knowledge of God’s word; let this mind be in you which was in Christ!. Do not conform to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind!. You are the priest of God. You are His ambassador here on earth!; Refuse to accept anything less than that? Christ in you is the hope of all Glory.
#You_are_what_God_says_you_are!.
#Let_your_shine_before men!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forgive & Forget: I Don't Forget, Does That Mean I Have Not Forgiven? / Obadiah777 Prophecy Is Looking Real America Is Ready For Wwlll / Legion Of Mary Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.