Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan (336 Views)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Goodluck Jonathan Urges Caution / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by lagosmp3(m): 10:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday disclosed that he was neither persuaded nor forced to concede defeat to President Buhari after the 2015 presidential election. Jonathan said this when he spoke at the convocation ceremony of Bingham University, Nassarawa state where he was awarded a honorary doctorate degree.

‘It is my belief that no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I am fulfilled knowing that my conceding while the votes were still being compiled, which was born out of my personal principles and convictions, is generating positive impact in other nations. Let me make it clear, that I was not persuaded to do so by anyone within or outside the country.
I know it was the right thing to do. ‘’My mantra “my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian” is my vow.

It was not just a political slogan. One of the reason I convened the 2014 National Conference was to come up with a polity devoid of tension and crisis. A polity that will bring unity to this country. A polity that will not divide us along tribal, ethnic or religious lines’ he said

Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2016/12/18/nobody-forced-me-to-concede-defeat-in-2015-presidential-election-goodluck-jonathan/

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by rusher14: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Yet you said the opposition party was an Islamic party when you were down south whilst your vice went up north to say the same party was a Christian party.

If that wasn't division being sold I don't know what is.

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by eezeribe(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2016
You did it for peace to reign... According to the Biblical beatitudes... "Blessed are the peace makers, for... (complete the rest)
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by Dove4Peace: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2016
God Bless Goodluck Father of Modern Democracy

Meanwhile, Sai Atiku 2019

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by Andrew3(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2016
When someone loses an election he or she concedes. Nothing big here.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede In 2015 Presidential Election – Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Yes, you're right. You only wanted the misfortunate catastrophe that befell Laurent Gbagbo to pass over you. grin

Your ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian but it was worth postponing the elections from February 14 to March 28.

Instead of you to go and sit down and lock yourself & your vacuous wife inside a byre and be drinking Cow-urine for a year which will help cure your brain cancer; you keep junketing around & yapping about your failed & buried re-election bid - Ode!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pics #thebuhariricerevolution / Biafra Leaders Obasajom,goodluck Jonathan,osinbanjo / PHOTOS: 21 Freed Chibok Girls Return To Their Community For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.