Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" (12422 Views)

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. / Panla Fish - What Is The English Name / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by jendhorlee(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
There has been a great misconception I've always come across.
If you ask people the English name of "AGBALUMO", they'll say " CHERRY" and that is very wrong, agbalumo is not cherry, they're very different.

Agbalumo is agbalumo, it's not all african fruits that has an oyinbo name.. below is the separate image of agbalumo and cherry.. get that now

I took my time to make my research on this before coming to conclusion

if you never knew, now you know

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Ajoboss(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
jendhorlee:
There has been a great misconception I've always come across.
If you ask people the English name of "AGBALUMO", they'll say " CHERRY" and that is very wrong, agbalumo is not cherry, they're very different.

Agbalumo is agbalumo, it's not all african fruits that has an oyinbo name.. below is the separate image of agbalumo and cherry.. get that now

I took my time to make my research on this before coming to conclusion

if you never knew, now you know
u dun mean it....

1 Like

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Alepa(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Agbalumo is cherry .

End of discussion
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Kylekent59: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
I can remember back then when I was writing junior waec, home economics practical to be precise. The waec lady asked us what is the English name of Agbalumo, a guy stood up and said,"Cherry", the waec lady said, "you are wrong. Agbalumo is Agbalumo."

I was asked what acid it contains, and I replied," Agbalumo contains Ascorbic acid."

I was applauded for that answer. #memories# grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Iko5000: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
It does have an English name , it’s called African Star fruit . And I think it has a botanical name too.

3 Likes

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Pearlqueen(f): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
African Five Star Apple

1 Like

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Temidayo9(m): 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
African star Apple

2 Likes

Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by jendhorlee(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Iko5000:
It does have an English name , it’s called African Star fruit . And I think it has a botanical name too.

thanks, i did see the name on Google during my research, but it was the widely acclaimed "cherry' thing i was eager to debunk
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by sinceraconcept(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2020
jendhorlee:

thanks, i did see the name on Google during my research, but it was the widely acclaimed "cherry' thing i was eager to debunk
What is the name you saw on google?
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by jendhorlee(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
sinceraconcept:
What is the name you saw on google?
African star Apple
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by samkayy(m): 3:26am On Jul 22, 2022
HEALTH FACTS and HEALTH BENEFITS of AFRICAN STAR APPLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZZyQBtbrQ
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by ahnie: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2022
African cherry.
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by Mom007(f): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2022
Its called star apple. Stop flaunting your ignorance.
Re: The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" by seunak2016: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Alepa:
Agbalumo is cherry .

End of discussion
discussion continue....they are diff

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Cakes By Sazzy's Place Lagos / Farm Fresh Pork For Sale In Lagos / Do You Normally Cry When You Slice The Onion (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.