Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,775 members, 7,824,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! (7127 Views)

Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Catholic Priests Protest In Akure Over Killing Of Priests In Benue By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by bennyann: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This is why its dangerous. Its unpredictable as they have nothing morally holding them back besides the laws of the state. However if those laws can be circumvented they would gladly do so.

An atheist told me here on NL that he would rape and steal if there was no law enforcement or cctv cameras to capture him. I have never forgotten his comment till this day.

cry cry cry cry see us through Lord.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
4kings:

I think this is subjective.
Where behavior, parenting and other normal social stuff are factors.
One could also research on Christian assassins, but that's no cause for generalization.

Take someone like Zuckerberg or President José Alberto, they don't look like one suffering from depression or hatred or trying to kill someone.

However, these are just my thoughts, after your posts, I need you to make detailed analysis of why all atheists are under the influence of what you mentioned.

I never said "ALL" I said this is a case of "use your tongue to count your teeth"

I gave you instances of atheists here who are angry for no apparent reason at theists like we are the reason why they were born into the world and they lash out without restraint. Surely you know them but does that mean its all of them?

Some of them may still be transitive while others have arrived at that point or others have moved on from that point and just do not want to be bothered but how are their emotions controlled? How are they balanced?

If an atheist here on NL could wish death and extinction upon everyone i am surprised it does not bother you. If this was abroad and the law enforcement happen upon that thread they would be keeping a close eye on that Nairalander as he fits the profile of a mass murderer or is suicidal. Am i wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by CoolUsername: 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Another horrid thread from a hateful Christian. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel that religion can be disadvantageous to us. Christians are quick to comment about the killer atheist when the article itself calls the man a Freemason.

Belief in a deity is a requirement to even be accepted into the group.

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/atheism-freemasonry.html

OP can't even fact-check. Disgusting!
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by delishpot: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
4kings:

Oga delishpot long time ,
But there's is no doctrine in atheism & that's not a cause for "hasty generalization". (on both sides however)

Long time indeed my brother and a very prosperous 2017 to you in advance
There may be no written doctrine in Atheism and there is none in the new testament either which expressly asks followers of Christ to go out and kill any one for what so ever reason. Even Christ denounced the actions of the old religion which was common in his days. Like I said, if a priest does what Jesus condemns, people do not see him as the evil one, they see the whole religion as the evil one, so why should people not also dish out judgement to atheists based on the warped actions of some of them too?
See? Its all good until the ball bounces on our court.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This is why its dangerous. Its unpredictable as they have nothing morally holding them back besides the laws of the state. However if those laws can be circumvented they would gladly do so.

An atheist told me here on NL that he would rape and steal if there was no law enforcement or cctv cameras to capture him. I have never forgotten his comment till this day.

Remember when ifenes said he would bomb churches ?? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by shachris02: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Omudia11:
Like you atheists are any different. An atheist once wrote here that demons do exist and are tremble at the name - Jesus.

lol. he's probably playing with your pea sized brain like your pastors do all the time.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
CoolUsername:
This is the kind of thing that makes me feel that religion can be disadvantageous to us.

Despicable acts by atheists past and present let me understand that atheism is disadvantageous to us
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
CoolUsername:
Another horrid thread from a hateful Christian. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel that religion can be disadvantageous to us. Christians are quick to comment about the killer atheist when the article itself calls the man a Freemason.

Belief in a deity is a requirement to even be accepted into the group.

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/atheism-freemasonry.html

OP can't even fact-check. Disgusting!

I suggest you read up on Plutarco Elías Calles and stop exhibiting your ignorance here. Because you saw freemason you felt i was wrong and tagging you erroneously

He was President of Mexico and an Atheist who forcibly shut down multiple religious schools, monasteries, and convents, as well as confiscated large amounts of Church property. His policies ended up killing up to 4,000 priests, depriving 17 Mexican state of priests entirely. (In reaction to his vehement anti-religious policies, the people of Mexico fought back in the "Cristero War," which they eventually won)?

Read up about the war and what caused it and then read up about Plutarco Elías Calles. You guys claim to be logical so for once read up and stop cherry picking comments.

I have a list of 100 like him and all are ATHEISTS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
shachris02:

lol. he's probably playing with your pea sized brain like your pastors do all the time.

Atheists can believe in spirits

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Remember when ifenes said he would bomb churches ?? grin grin

Yes Ifenes said that and another female atheists also said the same thing and she said IT WOULD BE FUN
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by shachris02: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists can believe in spirits

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo

any atheist that believe that negative energy (spirits) tremble at the mention of Jesus is no atheist!
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by 4kings: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I never said "ALL" I said this is a case of "use your tongue to count your teeth"

I gave you instances of atheists here who are angry for no apparent reason at theists like we are the reason why they were born into the world and they lash out without restraint. Surely you know them but does that mean its all of them?

Some of them may still be transitive while others have arrived at that point or others have moved on from that point and just do not want to be bothered but how are their emotions controlled? How are they balanced?

If an atheist here on NL could wish death and extinction upon everyone i am surprised it does not bother you. If this was abroad and the law enforcement happen upon that thread they would be keeping a close eye on that Nairalander as he fits the profile of a mass murderer or is suicidal. Am i wrong?
OK, but is the profiling necessary, wouldn't it be respectful to use the names psychologists use??
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by delishpot: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
mrmrmister:
Joshua 6vs20-21

When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city.
They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it--men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys

Christianity is the origin of mass murder

Man, that was not Christianity. But what baffles me is why the Christian leaders do not reject the old testament. It is miles appart from what Christ taught.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
shachris02:

any atheist that believe that negative energy (spirits) tremble at the mention of Jesus is no atheist!

The trembling in the name of Jesus could be a joke but actually atheists believe in spirits , even demons , witchcraft etc . Atheism is just the disbelief in a deity . wink
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by randomperson: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
Will just paste this here:

Killings for Christianity
The Church started killing unbelievers as early as the 4th century. The killing (often with torture) of heretics, church splinter groups, dissenters, atheists, agnostics, deists, pagans, infidels and unbelievers was supported by almost all mainstream Christian theology for over a thousand years, starting with the intolerant St. Augustine (died 430 AD).
See also Killings for Islam.
Much (but not all) of Christianity's killing is in the past. Christianity had a long run as the world's most violent religion. But I think it is clear that the world's most violent religion is now Islam.

"Burn the witch!"
This hilarious scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail perfectly captures the "logic" of the centuries of "witch" torturing and killing by Christianity.
This crime was supported at the highest levels, up to The Papacy.
Also here.

Historical killings for Christianity
See also Historical killings for Islam
History of persecutions by Christians
The martyrdom of Christians at the hands of the Romans (also here and here). This was one type of oppressor killing another type of oppressor - as was shown when the Christians finally got into power.
Persecution of Pagans by the Christian Roman Empire
Saint Augustine supported torturing heretics. Also here.
Christian thinkers such as St. Thomas Aquinas continued to justify the killing of heretics and unbelievers throughout the medieval period.
St. Thomas Aquinas justifies killing people who are not convinced by his arguments.
See the Summa Theologica, 2nd Part of the 2nd Part, Question 11, Article 3. See also here.
Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds (online here and here and here) by Charles Mackay (1841).
The killing of Jews
Fascism
Christianity and the Holocaust
The killing of scientists and thinkers

The Popes of the Catholic church.

The Crusades

The Crusades (mainly 1095-1272)
Rudolph J. Rummel estimates the Crusades killed 1 million innocent civilian men, women and children (not in combat).
Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds
The Crusades (and here)
Jihad begot the Crusades by Andrew G. Bostom.
Yes, the Crusades were in part a response to centuries of Islamic jihad and persecution and slaughter of Christians in the Middle East. But the Christians then (unlike today) were no better than their Islamic adversaries.
The First Crusade
In 1095, Pope Urban II made this speech to launch the blood-letting of The Crusades.
The capture of Jerusalem, 1099. When they took Jerusalem, the Christian army butchered almost every man, woman and child in the city.
The Second Crusade
St. Bernard of Clairvaux (see search) said when launching the Second Crusade: "The Christian glories in the death of a pagan, because thereby Christ himself is glorified."
The genocide of the Cathars (1209�1229)
In 1209, Pope Innocent III (also here) called for a crusade to exterminate the Cathar people of France (the Albigensians), simply because they had different superstitious beliefs to his own stupid beliefs. Men, women and children were butchered by the Pope's forces.
Rudolph J. Rummel estimates they butchered 200,000 innocent men, women and children.
Massacre at B閦iers (1209)
The Church's War on the Cathars
In 1233, Pope Gregory IX encouraged the extermination of the Stedinger people of Friesland, on the imaginary grounds that they were in league with the (equally-imaginary) Devil. "The devil appears to them in different shapes", said his holiness, "sometimes as a goose or a duck". The entire people were exterminated.

The Inquisition
The Inquisition
The Inquisition and Slavery
Rudolph J. Rummel estimates that the Inquisition butchered 350,000 innocent men, women and children.
The Spanish Inquisition
The Spanish Inquisition under Ferdinand and Isabella was approved by Pope Sixtus IV in 1484.
The butcher Torquemada
Expulsion of the Muslims and Jews from Spain, 1492.
The Jewish Virtual Library
The Inquisition
The Spanish Expulsion of the

http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.killings.html#slavery
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
shachris02:

grin grin Are you the one who was assigned to rate atheists?

There is an atheist here on NL who believes in Nihilism and he calls all of you passive armchair atheists fools and irrational. He said he wishes everyone would die and go extinct. He sees you as not being a real atheist. What do you say?

By the way Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

Saying there is no God or God does not exist is not the end of atheism its actually the foundation for other things to be built on it. So when you define atheism it shows you are yet to know what its all about.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by CoolUsername: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I suggest you read up on Plutarco Elías Calles and stop exhibiting your ignorance here. Because you saw freemason you felt i was wrong and tagging you erroneously

He was President of Mexico and an Atheist who forcibly shut down multiple religious schools, monasteries, and convents, as well as confiscated large amounts of Church property. His policies ended up killing up to 4,000 priests, depriving 17 Mexican state of priests entirely. (In reaction to his vehement anti-religious policies, the people of Mexico fought back in the "Cristero War," which they eventually won)?

Read up about the war and what caused it and then read up about Plutarco Elías Calles. You guys claim to be logical so for once read up and stop cherry picking comments.

I have a list of 100 like him and all are ATHEISTS!

How could he have been a Freemason and an atheist? Answer the bloody question!
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=randomperson post=52044184]Will just paste this here:

Obviously you are trying to console yourself.

You have been noticed ...........and ignored!
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

How could he have been a Freemason and an atheist? Answer the bloody question!

Read up about him or you no longer have access to the internet or your favourite atheist sites?
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by CoolUsername: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Despicable acts by atheists past and present let me understand that atheism is disadvantageous to us

Every group perpetuates despicable acts. If we were to tally up the body count of every single theist who ever lived with that of every single atheist for whatever reason (motive is never a problem when atheists are involved, anyway), you probably won't like the results.

You sound like a broken record.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by 4kings: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
delishpot:

Long time indeed my brother and a very prosperous 2017 to you.

Thanks, Same to you.

There may be no written doctrine in Atheism and there is none in the new testament either which expressly asks followers of Christ to go out and kill any one for what so ever reason. Even Christ denounced the actions of the old religion which was common in his days. Like I said, if a priest does what Jesus condemns, people do not see him as the evil one, they see the whole religion as the evil one, so why should people not also dish out judgement to atheists based on the warped actions of some of them too?
See? Its all good until the ball bounces on our court.
Well I agree.
But these generalizations are false.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
4kings:

That's the thing about me, I didn't read about deism, before I took the label, I just discovered that the label was in line with my personal beliefs, ( when I was reading about Aristotle, was when I first heard the word "Deism" )

If "interaction" however is a tenet of deism, then I think that label is not suitable for me.
Maybe everyone should from now just call me a freethinker.

What is wrong with interacting with the Creator? You make it seem like having a personal relationship to God is anathema to you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Every group perpetuates despicable acts. If we were to tally up the body count of every single theist who ever lived with that of every single atheist for whatever reason (motive is never a problem when atheists are involved, anyway), you probably won't like the results.

You sound like a broken record.

Young man only 52 atheists world wide have trumped deaths caused by religion or civil wars world wide. Can i show you the records?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
CoolUsername:

Joke ?

How did this elude you my dear friend , Christ's teachings deplore the acts of ostensible Christians while the despotic atheists justified their reprehensible acts with subjective morality .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Joke ?

How did this elude my dear friend , Christ's teachings deplore the acts of ostensible Christians while the despotic atheists justified their reprehensible acts with subjective morality .

He will now jump backwards to the old testament and Moses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

He will now jump backwards to the old testament and Moses

Those guys fought wars against the enemies of Israel . The bible does not condemn wars . "Thou shall not kill" means premeditated killing or murder . Though war is bad , it is inevitable and exigent in some circumstances . God commanded those guys to order Israel to make war against enemies and oppressors . Even the judges were deliverers of Israel from the hands of their enemies - Moses , Joshua , Samson .

"Follow peace with all men" does not mean you should be oppressed or subjugated . That's why Christians can join the armed forces .
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by CoolUsername: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your favorite Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAnAtheist/comments/2kxssc/is_plutarco_elias_calles_a_model_of_atheist/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090414100653AAZIweL

http://www.liquisearch.com/state_atheism/mexico_under_plutarco_el%C3%ADas_calles

You're still not really making much sense. How wasn't he expelled from the Freemasons if he was an atheist?

From his Wikipedia:

In May 1926, Calles was awarded a medal of merit from the head of Mexico's Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in recognition of his actions against the Catholic Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutarco_El%C3%ADas_Calles?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3658904575

So we can see that anti-Catholicism and anti-clericalism does not stop a person from being a Mason. Opposition of religion is not an exclusively atheistic position.

I also don't see why a debate thread or Yahoo answers should be used as a source. They aren't all that reliable, especially when they don't cite sources.

1 Like

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by dalaman: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:
Hmmm.

No suprises tho.
When some people say morality is subjective.
You can only but run away from them.

How is morality subjective? Care to show us how?
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by dalaman: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Those guys fought wars against the enemies of Israel . The bible does not condemn wars . "Thou shall not kill" means premeditated killing or murder . Though war is bad , it is inevitable and exigent in some circumstances . God commanded those guys to order Israel to make war against enemies and oppressors . Even the judges were deliverers of Israel from the hands of their enemies - Moses , Joshua , Samson .

"Follow peace with all men" does not mean you should be oppressed or subjugated . That's why Christians can join the armed forces .

Join which armed forces when Jesus told christians to be pacifist to the extent that they are to turn the other check when slapped.

As for the OT Moses is no different from Shekau, Hitler, Moa, Osama bin Laden or the leader of Isis. All are terrorist.

What do they Canaanites do in the bibe? Watauga was their offence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by 4kings: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What is wrong with interacting with the Creator? You make it seem like having a personal relationship to God is anathema to you .
Bros, MrPresident1 case is because of "interactions with God", so was the pastor that buried himself alive to proof God's Power, and Christians still waiting In year 2050 for Jesus to come.

You know I subscribe to Gnosticism, Chi, kundalini and so on but I still don't see them as interactions with God, come on, that's delusion.
An interaction with God is not possible.
Re: Atheist President Of Mexico Who Killed 4000 Priests In Just 4 Years! by CoolUsername: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Joke ?

How did this elude you my dear friend , Christ's teachings deplore the acts of ostensible Christians while the despotic atheists justified their reprehensible acts with subjective morality .

But the influence of the 'Holy Spirit' tend to override the teachings of Christ now and then. Furthermore, it doesn't stop people from trying to deny basic rights to certain groups of people.

In addition, the incompleteness of his teachings also seems to be a problem. Slavery for example, is one thing the bible failed to forbid, it wasn't until subjective morality caught up with the people that Christian ideology followed suit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? / Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's / Picture Of A Sexy ‘pastor’ On Pulpit That Makes People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.