Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day (6938 Views)

Reps Hail Dogara, Onyema; Call Gbajabiamila 'Minority Leader' / Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Shares Intimate Picture With Her Boyfriend / Jacket Worn By Gbajabiamila Costs N1.2M - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by dre11(m): 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
Femi Gbajabiamila, majority leader of the house of representatives, says the amendment of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) Act by the national assembly will “not see the light of day”.

The majority leader had made an attempt to revisit the bill but when Yakubu Dogara, the speaker, put it to a vote, the legislators kicked against it.

Gbajabiamila, while giving an end of year report on activities of the lower legislative chamber over the weekend, said the amendment to the CCB Act was an “error” and as such, “unconstitutional.”

“Sometimes some things slip through the cracks. That is why I brought a motion to debate it again when I discovered the error. It is unconstitutional,” he said.

“It is not going to see the light of day. It is pertinently unconstitutional.”

Gbajabiamila further said the house took the necessary steps against Abdulmumin Jibrin, who accused Dogara and other legislators of budget padding.

“I believe the house felt that Jibrin went against the ethics of the institution and they took the necessary steps to address it so that it does not occur in future. Not everyone will agree with this decision.The house has since moved on,” he said.

He said that he did not see anything wrong in the budget processes but there may be need for improvements in some areas.

The majority leader added that the petroleum bill, though not debated on the floor of the house, is being considered an engagement is ongoing with stakeholders.

https://www.thecable.ng/gbajabiamila-amendment-ccb-act-error-will-not-see-light-day

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Jibola10(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by BrokenPussy(f): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
I got nothing to say y'all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by FisifunKododada: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
1. Establishment of the Code of Conduct Bureau  

(1) There is hereby established a bureau to be known as the Code of Conduct Bureau (in this Act
referred to as "the Bureau"wink.  
(2) The Bureau shall consist of a chairman and nine other members who shall be‐  
(a) persons of unimpeachable integrity in the Nigerian society; and  
(b) at the time of appointment, not less than fifty years.  
(3) The chairman and the other members shall be appointed by the President subject to confirmation of
the Senate.

(4) The chairman and any member shall vacate office upon attaining the age of seventy.

2. Aims and objectives of the Bureau  
The aims and objectives of the Bureau shall be to establish and maintain a high standard of morality in
the conduct of government business and to ensure that the actions and behaviour of public officers
conform to the highest standards of public morality and accountability. 

3.Functions of the Bureau  
The functions of the Bureau shall be to‐  
(a) receive assets declarations by public officers in accordance with the provisions of this Act;  
(b) examine the assets declarations and ensure that they comply with the requirements of this Act and
of any law for the time being in force;

(c) take and retain custody of such assets declarations; and  
(d) receive complaints about non‐compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers
it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by section 20 of
this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act:  
Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non‐
compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary. 
source:http://eie.ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Code-of-Conduct-Bureau-and-Tribunal-Act.pdf

So Mr. Gbajabiamila - what part of the ccb act were some of our reps trying to amend. We need more information. Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Qmerit(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
Only u can't! they would frustrate ur effort.
U don't see Ben Bruce in things like this.
But always fast to tweet about what he won't
talk about in the floor of the senate!

10 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Carrottop(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pls....is it true that MMM has crashed?...I just woke up from a Coma, the last thing I saw was Chijioke my friend that borrowed me money for MMM, entering my house and wozing me slap..I thought the world has ended until today.. Pls my people has it crashed?

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by timota(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
I think the man is right here though he will not like anything that will favour saraki

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by kingphilip(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
I think Nigerians will appreciate if you guys cut down your allowances that is so high than talking about this because we know right from time it's unconstitutional

Click like if you feel those guys allowances is very high for them this recession period

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by mu2sa2: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
The guy is right. In the amendment the tenure of cct chairman is pegged at two terms but the constitution allows him/her to remain in office untill attaining the age of 70. That's an exercise in futility because the procedure for amending the constitution was not followed. Meanwhile Saraki should prepare for his inevitable conviction by cct going by the evidence adduced against him so far, particularly the transfer of money from his gtbank account to his American express debit card, which is obviously a foreign account - that's double offence: operating a foreign account as a political office holder (governor) & not disclosing the account in his asset declaration. All the chop-chop alfas bouying up his confidence that he would be acquitted are only saying what he wants to hear and getting paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by quiverfull(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Turncoat
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Mrchrisdata: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Trapnews: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Stalwert: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
UNfortunately they are gathering of largely uselesss people whose greed has gone out of control.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by reallest(f): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
grin
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Anijay1212(m): 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
J
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by tit(f): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
gbajabiamilla should be suspended with immediate effect!
what a betrayer!
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by figment232(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
Carrottop:
Pls....is it true that MMM has crashed?...I just woke up from a Coma, the last thing I saw was Chijioke my friend that borrowed me money for MMM, entering my house and wozing me slap..I thought the world has ended until today.. Pls my people has it crashed?
Zombieism
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Toosure70: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
tit:
what a betrayer!
E ti fori gbale ni?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by APCmyheart(m): 12:36am On Dec 19, 2016
tit:
what a betrayer!

What is wrong with your brain?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by Kiakia(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Amendment of CCB Act is unconstitutional to all intents and purposes.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Amendment Of CCB Act An Error, Will Not See The Light Of Day by TijaniAbu: 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
Before discussing the CCB amendment, Femi Gbajabiamila should dislose to CCB the clients money he was convicted for stealing in USA.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast / Kaduna Youths Reacts To Pro-biafra Protesters Move / IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.