Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? (1615 Views)

Prayer For Settling Debt / Imam And Congregation Offering Du‘aa’ Together Following Jumu‘ah & other Prayers / Islamic Rule On Debt* ✍ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Walexz02(m): 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Assalamualaikum
Please if someone miss a solat, say Zuhur Bf could not perform that solat until it is time for Asri prayer. On getting to the mosque they have started Asri, can i join them (knowing i have not performed Zuhri) to perform that Asri in congregation and then letter bring my asri?
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wa alaikum salam

You can join the congregation with the intention of praying Zuhur. Then you can pray Asr afterwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Walexz02:
Assalamualaikum
Please if someone miss a solat, say Zuhur Bf could not perform that solat until it is time for Asri prayer. On getting to the mosque they have started Asri, can i join them (knowing i have not performed Zuhri) to perform that Asri in congregation and then letter bring my asri?

your question has been answered for this particular scenario you described.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nafizzey(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
snapscore:
Wa alaikum salam

You can join the congregation with the intention of praying Zuhur. Then you can pray Asr afterwards.
is that so? I never heard such before.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
Nafizzey:
is that so? I never heard such before.
@snapscore is right. Zuhr and Asr go hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Walexz02(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thank you all very well for the replies @snapscore can you please help me with proofs Some pple are on my neck they said it's not possible.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Walexz02(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
FriendChoice:
@snapscore is right. Zuhr and Asr go hand in hand.
Please can you help me with proofs.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Walexz02:

[b] Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: if a person has missed a prayer, such as Zuhr, then he remembers it when the iqaamah for ‘Asr prayer has been given, what should he do? He replied:

What is prescribed for such a person is that he should pray with the current jamaa’ah (congregation), but with the intention of praying Zuhr, then he should pray ‘Asr after that, because it is obligatory to pray the prayers in the correct order, and that obligation is not to be ignored for fear of missing the prayer in congregation.

Elsewhere, he said: the difference of intention between the imaam and the one who is praying behind him does not matter, according to the correct scholarly view.
And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol 12, p. 190-191.

1 Like

Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
Walexz02:
Thank you all very well for the replies
@snapscore can you please help me with proofs
Some pple are on my neck they said it's not possible.

https://islamqa.info/en/49019

https://islamqa.info/en/40598
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

[b] Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: if a person has missed a prayer, such as Zuhr, then he remembers it when the iqaamah for ‘Asr prayer has been given, what should he do? He replied:

What is prescribed for such a person is that he should pray with the current jamaa’ah (congregation), but with the intention of praying Zuhr, then he should pray ‘Asr after that, because it is obligatory to pray the prayers in the correct order, and that obligation is not to be ignored for fear of missing the prayer in congregation.

Elsewhere, he said: the difference of intention between the imaam and the one who is praying behind him does not matter, according to the correct scholarly view.
And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol 12, p. 190-191.

You beat me to it.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
snapscore:

You beat me to it.
Lol grin grin. Try harder next time.

1 Like

Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
Walexz02:

All these rulings can be found in Siffatus Salatun Nibiyu. A book you can purchase or download online.
Re: Can I Join I Congregation While I Still Have A Debt To Pay ? by Walexz02(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2016
Thank you all for the wonderful replies Case settled, they have done their research well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Ex-muslims Ignorant And Confused? / Quran Recitation (translated) / From Hollywood To Islam- Sr. Zainab Ismail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.