Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly (5809 Views)

It Is Unlawful For Anyone, Group To Take Revenge, Reprisal – Buhari / Fayose Bans All Students Activities And Public Processions In Ekiti State / VP Osinbajo Blasts Nigerian Police, Judges For Unlawful Detention Of Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by AjayiWrites: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
No processions will be allowed for now in Kaduna State. A statement from the Kaduna State Government yesterday said the ban on processions and unlawful assembly applies throughout the state, and called for the cooperation of all citizens to respect this restriction until it is formally lifted.

A meeting of heads of security agencies in the state was convened to review the security situation in the state. Based on assessments of security reports, the meeting recommended that the Kaduna State Government should impose a temporary restriction on processions and act sternly against unlawful assembly.

The government has endorsed the recommendation and has decided to restrict processions accordingly, said a statement signed by the governor's spokesperson Samuel Aruwan.

"The decision was taken in the interest of the citizenry and to ensure law and order in the state.

"Security agencies have been mandated to ensure compliance to the ban. All citizens are advised to go about their lawful activities, and to do their utmost to uphold peace and harmony."

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/kaduna-bans-processions-unlawful.html

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Agbalanze(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
ok
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Caseless: 2:48am On Dec 19, 2016
How many times we wan hear this ban na?
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by iambijo(m): 3:57am On Dec 19, 2016
When you keep pushing people to the edge they will push back harder, One day those shi'ite guys will deal with this guy el-rufia or el-rufa'i

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by ThinkSmarter: 4:11am On Dec 19, 2016
El Rufai is just a religious extremist, Despite the fact that our constitution guarantees freedom of religion, he is blatantly Intolerating people that share different religious views/ideology from him.
Shiites or Sunnis ,
Catholics or Protestants,
Hindus or Buddhists,
Atheists or Pagans,
we will all die and what becomes of us in the hereafter z not known to man but to the Supreme being, whose ways are not the ways of man or being determined by the forces of the universe.
#Shame on El Rufai

13 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by QuotaSystem: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2016
This is actually unconstitutional and a direct infringement of the right to peaceful assembly.

El-rufai goofed on this one.

Modified: it's a temporary ban, recommended based on security reports. That's better.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by omolola15(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by HQuadreal: 8:35am On Dec 19, 2016
Hell Rufai.
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Atiku2019: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2016
Incompetent Governor
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by eDoctorr(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2016
El-Rufai is more controversial than Fayose.
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by phemmie06(m): 8:38am On Dec 19, 2016
Only coward do this, cos of shiites

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:
This is actually unconstitutional and a direct infringement of the right to peaceful assembly.

El-rufai goofed on this one.

Modified: it's a temporary ban, recommended based on security reports. That's better.
As the Chief Security officer of the state, you are more concerned about the general wellbeing, no matter how wrong it may seem.

Moreover, he's trying to avoid a situation whereby there might be a reason for security agencies to attack Shiite during any of their stubborn processsion.

If I know that I have a son that is naturally stubborn and gets angry easily, I will stop him from going out, especially when I know that I am going to a violent gathering.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by ambrosini593(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2016
Christmas celebration dey pain am

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by BossKratos: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
El Rufai is just a religious extremist, Despite the fact that our constitution guarantees freedom of religion, he is blatantly Intolerating people that share different religious views/ideology from him.
Shiites or Sunnis ,
Catholics or Protestants,
Hindus or Buddhists,
Atheists or Pagans,
we will all die and what becomes of us in the hereafter z not known to man but to the Supreme being, whose ways are not the ways of man or being determined by the forces of the universe.
#Shame on El Rufai

No shame on you! Do you know the kind of trouble those shiite goats have formented in various parts of the state, on students and innocent citizens just like yourself? Do you how many people have died due to their activities and the sort of tension they cause whenever their senseless tours pass through any towns?

Don't just sit down somewhere in ikotun and be analyzing issues that you have no single idea about! Stop being sentimental!

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by lirusehn(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2016
have got issues with my brain and I seriously can't understand what's written up there??

Has it got to do with we Mavordians?? undecided undecided
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Eddodoh(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2016
The same Governor I learnt bought armunitions to distabilise Southern Kaduna but the bubble burst when the arms got to the Chief of Kagoma who later called the Governor to thank him for his good work(ironically, evil plans) and the Governor was mute.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by LastProphet: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2016
BossKratos:

No shame on you! Do you know the kind of trouble those shiite goats have formented in various parts of the state, on students and innocent citizens just like yourself? Do you how many people have died due to their activities and the sort of tension they cause whenever their senseless tours pass through any towns?

Don't just sit down somewhere in ikotun and be analyzing issues that you have no single idea about! Stop being sentimental!

thank u for the perfect answer to the mumus that dont understand the hell mr rufai is working hard to stop. so many 19yr old morooons on NL nowadays

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 19, 2016
El - midget, continue to ban but make sure you become the governor forever

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by KINGwax007(m): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2016
Makes sense. China was able to avoid religious wahala by declaring the govt as being atheist. Anyone who wishes to practice any religion shld do so within the confinement of his walls without disturbing the neighbors
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by UnknownT: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2016
Thank God we don do our Christ the King procession for the year

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by KINGwax007(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2016
LastProphet:

thank u for the perfect answer to the mumus that dont understand the hell mr rufai is working hard to stop. so many 19yr old morooons on NL nowadays
19yrs olds? You're too kind. I bet, many are yet to be qualified to write jamb!
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by ThinkSmarter: 9:06am On Dec 19, 2016
BossKratos:

I am not being Sentimental, I am just concerned about human rights violations as witnessed last yr Dec. following Shiites/Army Clash that left over 200peoples dead, Shiites re Moslems, if you felt that they are breaching the law and crossing their legal boundaries, u summon them or their leader and address/caution them. Make arrests and follow due processes, these are some of the reasons US refused selling arms to Nigeria Bc of cases of human rights abuses.
You are probably a Sunni Moslem from the way u reacted, but let me tell u, the Shiites re more of ur brother than me, but why am I so concerned, Bc they are humans and we are all Nigerians and our constitution guarantees freedom of religion but it is so unfortunate that some people are blatantly intolerant of other religions /sect apart from theirs.
Next other time when quoting some1, try to be civil, address d issue and explain to the understanding of the person if u felt that the person z ignorant of what he z saying, not attacking aggressively like a hungry lion #peace .
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by BossKratos: 9:24am On Dec 19, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
I am not being Sentimental, I am just concerned about human rights violations as witnessed last yr Dec. following Shiites/Army Clash that left over 200peoples dead, Shiites re Moslems, if you felt that they are breaching the law and crossing their legal boundaries, u summon them or their leader and address/caution them. Make arrests and follow due processes, these are some of the reasons US refused selling arms to Nigeria Bc of cases of human rights abuses.
You are probably a Sunni Moslem from the way u reacted, but let me tell u, the Shiites re more of ur brother than me, but why am I so concerned, Bc they are humans and we are all Nigerians and our constitution guarantees freedom of religion but it is so unfortunate that some people are blatantly intolerant of other religions /sect apart from theirs.
Next other time when quoting some1, try to be civil, address d issue and explain to the understanding of the person if u felt that the person z ignorant of what he z saying, not attacking aggressively like a hungry lion #peace .

Your replies have given me an index into your state of mind as well as your understanding of national issues!

I must be a sunni muslim? Based on what? Or are you a religious bigot? You are concerned about human rights? Why did you not show concern when el zakcrazy and his gang were killing students during shows, or snatching wives and daughters of his members? Or disturbing the peace of towns with their senseless processions where they shout and scream and flog bystanders?

Have you lost anyone due to their _stupidity? No....or you love pedophilia against kids? Or women to be denied their rights? How do you feel now that the truth has slapped you in your face? Dim or contrite?

As for the last part of your post about me attacking you like a hungry lion, scratch that and next time remember that Being civil is a choice when dealing with reasonable posters and not sentimental or bigoted or mis-informed ones!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2016
All elrufia knows how to do is ban..ban...ban...I hasn't done anything reasonable...I've not seen where he commissioned a project or anything...I pity kadunas
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by TeamSimple(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2016
BossKratos:

Asin I just weak for my southern people..while schooling in zaria, I always stay in campus during their programmes just to avoid their wahala..From gyallesu to Tulips always one hell of movement when they are operating.

People will just sit in their bed room and be typing trash.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by BossKratos: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2016
TeamSimple:

Asin I just weak for my southern people..while schooling in zaria, I always stay in campus during their programmes just to avoid their wahala..From gyallesu to Tulips always one hell of movement when they are operating.

People will just sit in their bed room and be typing trash.

Don't mind all these kids who don't understand anything that does not happen outside their bedroom window! Does he know how many of my friends were killed just for having social events or during students shows in zaria? See him chatting crap about human rights! Nonsense.....

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by passionate88: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Emassive(m): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2016
Your quote makes no sense. Nigerian Constitution supersedes any other known or state Law whenever there is a Conflict between 2 therefore the right to peaceful gathering stands over the dead white paper repot by that short devil.
IjogzK:
As the Chief Security officer of the state, you are more concerned about the general wellbeing, no matter how wrong it may seem.

Moreover, he's trying to avoid a situation whereby there might be a reason for security agencies to attack Shiite during any of their stubborn processsion.

If I know that I have a son that is naturally stubborn and gets angry easily, I will stop him from going out, especially when I know that I am going to a violent gathering.
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by NairaMaster1(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2016
In other words no Christmas caro
Re: Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2016
WELL GOING TO MOSQUES COULD ALSO BE LIKENED TO UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY AS NOT EVERYBODY TOLERATES THE ASSOCIATION..OR EVEN THE SOCALLED MEETINGS TO DISCUSS THIS EVIL CALLED NIGERIAN POLITICS IS ALSO UNLAWFUL AS ONLY PLANS TO IMPOVERISH AND PLACE MASSES ON ANGUISH UNDER FALSE HOPES IS ALWAYS DISCUSSED..DEMOCRAZY IS WHAT WE HAVE AND IS AN UNLAWFUL PRACTICE WE SHOULD DISBAND IT ASAP..CLICK LIKE IF YOU AGREE AND SHARE IF YOUR BRAIN IS DISTORTED OF SORT.
AjayiWrites:
No processions will be allowed for now in Kaduna State. A statement from the Kaduna State Government yesterday said the ban on processions and unlawful assembly applies throughout the state, and called for the cooperation of all citizens to respect this restriction until it is formally lifted.

A meeting of heads of security agencies in the state was convened to review the security situation in the state. Based on assessments of security reports, the meeting recommended that the Kaduna State Government should impose a temporary restriction on processions and act sternly against unlawful assembly.

The government has endorsed the recommendation and has decided to restrict processions accordingly, said a statement signed by the governor's spokesperson Samuel Aruwan.

"The decision was taken in the interest of the citizenry and to ensure law and order in the state.

"Security agencies have been mandated to ensure compliance to the ban. All citizens are advised to go about their lawful activities, and to do their utmost to uphold peace and harmony."

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/kaduna-bans-processions-unlawful.html

(1) (Reply)

JIME VS. ORTOM Governorship Petition Tribunal: Jime Wins At Appeal Court. / . / No March Salary Yet For Federal Higher Institution Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.