Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay (706 Views)

Thugs Hired To Pray For Buhari Accuse Organizers Of Pocketing Their Pay. (video) / Nigerians mobilised to “Pray 4 Buhari” accuse organisers of pocketing their pay / Gov. Okorocha Pays Imo State Pensioners Their Pension Arrears(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by mesoprogress(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2016
Mods, for the sake of helpless Pensioners in Imo State, please post this..

Rochas owes Imo state pensioners 36 months of their money. Their money. Money comes now. Money to clear the 36 months debt. Debt owed people who gave 35 years of their lives to state service. Money comes to clear it 100%.
Rochas calls these pensioners, tells them he will be paying them for 13 months. What can they do? Fight Rochas? No. He's way stronger than all the pensioners put together, and multiplied by their relatives all. What can they do? Cry out to Buhari? No. That one doesn't have any ears for any cries from Nigerians. Cries especially from people who didn't see him as worthy of their vote. What can they do? Nothing? Really? Nothing. So they began to adjust and caliberate their minds. Rather than die waiting for the full debt clearance maybe they should just accept the 13 months. They were considering taking the 13 months. Rochas then tells them that he is actually going to pay them 40% of that 13 months. And that they will all be signing against their names that they have all received 100% of the owed 36 months.
Rochas government owes Imo state pensioners for 36 months. Wants to pay them 40% of 13 months. Wants them to sign that they have received 100% of the owed 36 months....Kamalu is on its way to visit someone soon......Will my crying get to Rochas? I doubt. But I will cry nonetheless. The fowl that cries when a hawk swoops down and takes off with her chick said she doesn't cry for the chick to get saved but she cries so that all will hear and know. But growing up I saw some of those cries rousing up enough attention and efforts that end up saving some chicks from the thieving claws of the hawks. I even saw some hawks lose their lives in the mix.
These pensioners, why can't they cry? One wonders. Why can't they cry out and cry ceaselessly? I'd tell you why. Hunger. Theirs has got so bad that they are now gaping and gasping for any breath, any breath at all. Even 1% of 1 month out of 100% of their duly owed 36 months pension money. They are gasping for any breath. Any breath. Any at all....God na ur hand our Fathers,Mothers,Uncles,Aunts who have dedicated dia 35yrs of service dey...
Copied: Emeka Josiah Vicenzo Onumonu

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

1 Like

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by Jafar1: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2016
wicked government, where do they expect them to get money for Xmas?, and MMM is off, not paying
Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by mesoprogress(m): 8:43am On Dec 19, 2016
This is real, my mother received this. She's owed about 38 months, Imo state govt sends document, downgrading it to 12 months. Not withstanding, they still went ahead to say they can only pay 40% of the 12 months! And they want to absolve themselves from further liabilities! My mother earns about 14K as pension, less than minimum wage. How can a government be so wicked. Truth is my mother has not been relying on her pension for survival, but some Pensioners do rely on it to survive. This is pure wickedness. My father in law and many other retirees in Imo State received this document.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by Jayson1: 8:46am On Dec 19, 2016
It seems Okorocha is playing with the Spirits

The next slap might just lead him to the great beyond where his forefathers are playing draft.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2016
Rochas Okorocha is not aware of the wrath of God he is incurring upon himself, his family, his cronies, their families, their generations and generations yet unborn.

When Millions curse one, oga adikwa egwu.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by mesoprogress(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2016
This development needs as much publicity as possible.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by ayokellany: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2016
mesoprogress:
This is real, my mother received this. She's owed about 38 months, Imo state govt sends document, downgrading it to 12 months. Not withstanding, they still went ahead to say they can only pay 40% of the 12 months! And they want to absolve themselves from further liabilities! My mother earns about 14K as pension, less than minimum wage. How can a government be so wicked. Truth is my mother has not been relying on her pension for survival, but some Pensioners do rely on it to survive. This is pure wickedness. My father in law and many other retirees in Imo State received this document.

Does your mother not know the way to the law court. I can understand she may not fully understand her right under the law but you as an astute writer whose sole responsibility is to malign Okorocha on NL why do you mot take the case to court ?

Or do you mean with all the hokum you have been dripping on Okorocha you lack the intelligence to fight for your mother's right ?

Bro please do the needful, save your mother, yourself n the general public the trauma of reading your mother's pathetic mystery on a daily basis. I am sure it does not interest me. Your solution is with the law court so be gone n while you are at it query what state among the 36 is paying salary regularly talkless of attempting to pay pension owed by preceding governor. Only then can you understand Okorocha is a God sent to Imo state.
Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by mesoprogress(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Imo State Govt Denies Pensioners Their Pay by ayokellany: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
mesoprogress:
You are an ediot. I fully provide for my mum. I specifically asked her not to sign that rubbish. Even if I'm going to court, it would be unbehalf of all Pensioners. Nobody's is maligning Okorocha. Question is, is it true? Is it right? What future holds for Nigerians if ediots like you write the way you write

What the future hold for Your likes who because of political bias n madness chose to ignore the fact that very few among the 36 governors make feeble attempt at paying salary talkless of pension owed by previous administration but would rather condem those their conscience can not bear to to see pensioners like your mother starve.

In essence every act is relative so when castigating Okorocha be sure to relate his situation to governors that have not even attempt paying pension and no one is on NL maligning them.

(1) (Reply)

Its Unfortunate Most Nigerians Cannot Spell President Buhari's Name Correctly / Fulani Cattle Breeders List Condition For Peace In Southern Kaduna / Where Is Ondo State 2017 Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.