Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? (5119 Views)

While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS / Chat Between A Married Man And His Ex-Girlfriend / I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by jife(m): 11:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
I...
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by dhardline(m): 12:02am On Dec 20, 2016
If a man has not learned to abstain before marriage then abstaining cause of his wife's childbirth I

believe will equally be a herculean task for him cause of the lack of self control. As simple as that

13 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by dingbang(m): 12:04am On Dec 20, 2016
That shouldnt be a problem.... She will be the one begging him to come inside her
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2016
I'm "not" sure that there's a set amount of time, Depends solely on your wife(her state of mind and strength)

off the top of my head? ...... 3months.

You have to "mindful" of the stress she passed through(Most women bleed for the better part of a month post delivery)

It takes a lot of energy to create, carry and deliver a human

Give the woman time to rest and heal, and focus on "your baby" That child will not give you time to even think about yourself for the next few days and weeks, let alone another human being!

Obviously, don't neglect your wife(make it clear to her that you are available when ever she needs you, some mild kisses will go a long way)

14 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2016
What's with guys and sex? na food?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Catalin:

Its our Testosterone levels. Its through the roof. Thus we think about sex all the time. If we don't have it after a while we become irritable, moody, unfocused, extremely tense, impatient and sometimes even suffer from physical pains.

We have biological outlets to ease the tension e.g wet dreams and masturbation or downright sex, but most if not all of these have been either called Sin or is socially unacceptable unless done within the confines of marriage.

So you see, we are screwed either way, which in itself is an irony cos if we were actually getting good and properly screwed without all the drama, we wouldn't get into half the trouble we find ourselves in.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by amtheone(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Catalin:

See you! What do u know.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

Its our Testosterone levels. Its through the roof. Thus we think about sex all the time. If we don't have it after a while we become irritable, moody, unfocused, extremely tense, impatient and sometimes even suffer from physical pains.

We have biological outlets to ease the tension e.g wet dreams and masturbation or downright sex, but most if not all of these have been either called Sin or is socially unacceptable unless done within the confines of marriage.

So you see, we are screwed either way, which in itself is an irony cos if we were actually getting good and properly screwed without all the drama, we wouldn't gwt into half the trouble we find ourselves in.
Well said. I like how you broke it down.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by jahlid(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

So you see, we are screwed either way, which in itself is an irony cos if we were actually getting good and properly screwed without all the drama, we wouldn't gwt into half the trouble we find ourselves in.

Guy u nailed it head on.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by greatgod2012(f): 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

Mehn.......I just like this guy, honestly.
I love your analysis and breakdown of men's testosterone levels.

Wives, whenever you see your men becoming unnecessarily tense, just invite him to the other room and help him to lower his testosterone level, you'll miraculously see how he'll be cooled down............ Talking from personal experience.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
greatgod2012:

Wives, whenever you see your men becoming unnecessarily tense, just invite him to the other room and help him to lower his testosterone level, you'll miraculously see how he'll be cooled down............ Talking from personal experience.

Thank God it's your personal experience.
Doesn't work for every man, my own man would be more interested in talking about whatever it is, making him tensed or angry. The best I can do is listen.

There are men whose deek won't even stand when they are tensed. Some men would take beer, some sleep...
Every one should study their man and handle him 'right'.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by greatgod2012(f): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:

Doesn't work for every man, my own man would be more interested in talking about whatever it is, making him tensed or angry. The best I can do is listen.

There are men whose deek won't even stand when they are tensed. Some men would take beer, some sleep...

Na wa o, somebody cannot even joke in this section again. What type of tension are we talking about here, remember there are different types of tension, there's konji induced tension. If you really know your husband inside out, you will know when he's having konji induced tension.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
greatgod2012:

Na wa o, somebody cannot even joke in this section again. What type of tension are we talking about here, remember there are different types of tension, there's konji induced tension. If you really know your husband inside out, you will know when he's having konji induced tension.
Didn't sound like a joke, sounded more like expert advice.
Now we know it's a joke, every wife reading this would understand sex isn't always the solution.

Better. smiley

11 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
Catalin:

Physical intimacy matter to most men, however luckily nothing vaseline can't fix
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

Strong Pun detected

4 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:

Didn't sound like a joke, sounded more like expert advice.
Now we know it's a joke, every wife reading this would understand sex isn't always the solution.

Better. smiley
Sex may not always be the solution but it definitely goes a long way in resolving the problem. Especially for us men. Every wife should take note of this.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:

No, its not the best you can do.

Have sex with him when you see him tensed like that, you will see the tension disappear like magic. You will see how easily he will begin to talk about his problems to you, how rapidly the anger will dissipate. There is no young to middle-aged man with normal testosterone levels that would prefer talking to sex, trust me on this.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

Sex may not always be the solution but it definitely goes a long way in resolving the problem. Especially for us men. Every wife should take note of this.

I maintain there are men that won't even have an erec/tion when they are worried. Sex won't even come in_ let alone going a long way in resolving the problem.

So, speak for yourself alone, Sir smiley. Most men? Probably, not 'us men'. Every wife should take not of what works best for her man/home. wink

5minsmadness:

No, its not the best you can do.

Have sex with him when you see him tensed like that, you will see the tension disappear like magic. You will see how easily he will begin to talk about his problems to you, how rapidly the anger will dissipate. There is no young to middle-aged man with normal testosterone levels that would prefer talking to sex, trust me on this.

Sorry, you can't speak for yourself and speak for my man. He talks, with or without sex.
I have been with him long enough to know what works for him. I don't trust anyone on decisions concerning my marriage except myself.
Anything else? smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:

I maintain there are men that won't even have an erec/tion when they are worried. Sex won't even come in_ let alone going a long way in resolving the problem.

So, speak for yourself alone, Sir smiley. Most men? Probably, not 'us men'. Every wife should take not of what works best for her man/home. wink

We were talking 'tension', you switched to 'worry'. Two different things.

I speak for the generality of men. I interact with them a lot and have studied them extensively. So, yes, I maintain the statement 'most men'. smiley

Sorry, you can't speak for yourself and speak for my man. He talks, with or without sex.
I have been with him long enough to know what works for him. I don't trust anyone on decisions concerning my marriage except myself.
Anything else? smiley

Oh, I'm quite sure he talks with or without sex. And I'm quite sure you're an expert on your man ; at the same time I dont think you will lose if you experiment with a few ideas that may improve your relationship with him. If you look at my post again you will see that my point was: sex would make things for him so much easier.

Worst case scenario, it will have no effect.

Try it.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

We were talking 'tension', you switched to 'worry'. Two different things.

I speak for the generality of men. I interact with them a lot and have studied them extensively. So, yes, I maintain the statement 'most men'. smiley

Oh, I'm quite sure he talks with or without sex. And I'm quite sure you're an expert on your man ; at the same time I dont think you will lose if you experiment with a few ideas that may improve your relationship with him. If you look at my post again you will see that my point was: sex would make things for him so much easier.

Worst case scenario, it will have no effect.

Try it.

Tensed: nervous, stressed, mental strain... did I miss anything by equating it to worried? I don't think so.
You said 'us men' now it's 'most men'... I prefer the sound of most men.

Trust me, I wouldn't wait for you to tell me what to experiment on. smiley
If you look at my post, you'll see that I said_ some situations could make some men just not in the mood. In such situation, I stick to what has proven to work for us.

You have studied most men, let's assume my man isn't one of the ones you studied. Sometimes a man just wants you to listen_ at least my fellow woman has agreed (identify the kinda tension and treat accordingly).

4 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
smiley
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:

Tensed: nervous, stressed, mental strain... did I miss anything by equating it to worried? I don't think so.
You said 'us men' now it's 'most men'... I prefer the sound of most men.

Trust me, I wouldn't wait for you to tell me what to experiment on. smiley
If you look at my post, you'll see that I said_ some situations could make some men just not in the mood. In such situation, I stick to what has proven to work for us.

You have studied most men, let's assume my man isn't one of the ones you studied. Sometimes a man just wants you to listen_ at least my fellow woman has agreed (identify the kinda tension and treat accordingly).

We started with unnecessarily tensed, you moved the ball to generally stressed. We went back to tension, you moved your dice to worried.

Of course if your husband just had a head-on collision with a trailer and two people died in the process, sex would be the furthest from his mind.

Your husband comes home and he's inexplicably tense, upset, irritable (worried never appeared in my, or any one's list). You ask him how he is and he mumbles. You ask him what's the matter and he gives you an irritable look, loosens his tie and angrily asks for his food. Thats the tension we mean ma. Sometimes a shrug and a quick massage on his neck to ease the tension, pull his shoes and give his aching feet a teasing squeeze, culminate everything by kissing him and doing what you do best in the other room, and your hubby is a new man, laughing and joking with you again.

Of course this wont work if he just lost his job and is owing the company he works for N10 million naira. Neither will it work if someone died. Neither will it work of he has to undergo a major surgery the next day(no wait, scratch that, it works for that one)

Penis numbing worry and inexplicable (or even explicable) tension are two different things madam.

at least my fellow woman has agreed (identify the kinda tension and treat accordingly).

And I'm not trying to disagree with you, I am adding an adjuvant to your points. Sex does not answer everything like i have said before, but for men it definitely helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Smh.
What then has been the argument since you ain't disagreeing with me?
Nawa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Mimzyy(f): 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Are you a therapist?
5minsmadness:

We started with unnecessarily tensed, you moved the ball to generally stressed. We went back to tension, you moved your dice to worried.

Of course if your husband just had a head-on collision with a trailer and two people died in the process, sex would be the furthest from his mind.

Your husband comes home and he's inexplicably tense, upset, irritable (worried never appeared in my, or any one's list). You ask him how he is and he mumbles. You ask him what's the matter and he gives you an irritable look, loosens his tie and angrily asks for his food. Thats the tension we mean ma. Sometimes a shrug and a quick massage on his neck to ease the tension, pull his shoes and give his aching feet a teasing squeeze, culminate everything by kissing him and doing what you do best in the other room, and your hubby is a new man, laughing and joking with you again.

Of course this wont work if he just lost his job and is owing the company he works for N10 million naira. Neither will it work if someone died. Neither will it work of he has to undergo a major surgery the next day(no wait, scratch that, it works for that one)

Penis numbing worry and inexplicable (or even explicable) tension are two different things madam.

And I'm not trying to disagree with you, I am adding an adjuvant to your points. Sex does not answer everything like i have said before, but for men it definitely helps.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
PaperLace:
Smh.
What then has been the argument since you ain't disagreeing with me?
Nawa!
Sorry ma.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2016
Mimzyy:
Are you a therapist?
I am many things.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Mimzyy(f): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

I am many things.

I see... Good morning.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2016
Mimzyy:

I see... Good morning.
Guten Morgen meine liebste

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

So you see, we are screwed either way, which in itself is an irony cos if we were actually getting good and properly screwed without all the drama, we wouldn't get into half the trouble we find ourselves in.

Guys/Men do not think about sex all the time. Speak for yourself alone.

The research that claimed men think about sex every seven minutes got latterly debunked as a hoax. And men certainly do not become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex as you so claimed. Do you have scientific proof of this other than anecdotal narratives?

If anything, denying the body of the orgasmïc bliss of carnal pleasures keeps one's senses in the pink and awakeningly conscious.

Why do you think athletes abstain from sex while a sporting season is underway? Why do you think many of the World's greatest all took sabbaticals from sex before they made crucial inroads in their work? Abstinence from sex improves focus.

Lack of self-control and inactivity are what causes men to think about sex all the time. You forget an idle mind is the devil's chimney.
If a man has a job, an avocation, a pastime that keeps him preoccupied, wanting to have sex wouldn't be primal on his to-do list.

Plato once posited that humans have a tripartite soul. He said we have three sides to us:

I.) The logical side.

II.) The emotional/spirited side and,

III.) The appetitive side.

The appetitive side of course encompasses our desires to have sex, to eat, to cavort and frolic etc.

Plato went further to say that the quintessential man is one who has transcended the appetitive realm and taken residence at the core of the logical aspect of his/her personhood. He claimed those governed by their appetitive hankerings are beasts and are no different from pigs and goats.

You see, even as far back as the time of Plato, men with self-control abounded, and have always dwelled on a higher plane of existence unlike men who are viscerally-fain and whose sexual needs dictate the complexion of their lives.

The mind of a man is not in default mode to constantly think about sex. An atavistic trait no doubt, but men have evolved.

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

Sorry ma.
Not entirely necessary. wink

DarkRebel101:

Why do you think athletes abstain from sex while a sporting season is underway? Why do you think many of the World's greatest all took sabbaticals from sex before they made crucial inroads in their work? Abstinence from sex improves focus.

The mind of a man is not in default mode to constantly think about sex. An atavistic trait no doubt, but men have evolved.

Thank God this is another male perspective. I was almost thinking I don't know my man to the point someone needs to tell me when to have sex with him smiley.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Gratefulaheart: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
DarkRebel101:

The research that claimed men think about sex every seven minutes got latterly debunked as a hoax. And men certainly do not become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex as you so claimed. Do you have scientific proof of this other than anecdotal narratives?

If anything, denying the body of the orgasmïc bliss of carnal pleasures keeps one's senses in the pink and awakeningly conscious.

Lack of self-control and inactivity are what causes men to think about sex all the time. You forget an idle mind is the devil's chimney.
If a man has a job, an avocation, a pastime that keeps him preoccupied, wanting to have sex wouldn't be primal on his to-do list.

Plato once posited that humans have a tripartite soul. He said we have three sides to us:

I.) The logical side.

II.) The emotional/spirited side and,

III.) The appetitive side.

The appetitive side of course encompasses our desires to have sex, to eat, to cavort and frolic etc.

Plato went further to say that the quintessential man is one who has transcended the appetitive realm and taken residence at the core of the logical aspect of his/her personhood. He claimed those governed by their appetitive hankerings are beasts and are no different from pigs and goats.

You see, even as far back as the time of Plato, men with self-control abounded, and have always dwelled on a higher plane of existence unlike men who are viscerally-fain and whose sexual needs dictate the complexion of their lives.

Very apt! Only an idle man is mindful of sex. If your man has a 9-5 and is preparing for CFA level III like mine, the last thing on his mind will be sex. Na me dey beg for the thing sef cry cry

What i will say is, it depends on the circumstance and situation. Even women think and fantasize about sex when they don't have much on their plate. It's just a function of how busy our mind is at any given period. I have been on leave since the beginning of this week, so i don't really have work on my mind amd the result is a 'orny' me wink. My hubby on the other hand just took up a tasking role at work and at the same time preparing for an exam, so the last thing on his mind right now is sex.

It all boils down to how preoccupied we are with other life issues.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by chriskosherbal(m): 5:24am On Dec 22, 2016
jife:
I am still single neither do I leave with my girlfriend so I can not answer it. My married classmate is asking PLEASE married brothers, how long are you able to stay without sex with your wife after she had a baby, without cheating on her...
I think this all depends on individual differences , Mr A can stay for a week , 3weeks or a momth but Mr B cannot, as our faces are different , so also our LIBIDO.

However , it can still depends on the women involved some women may want sex almost few days immediately after child birth And as a man you have to perform your responsibility, while others may take their time.

https://www.nairaland.com/3476612/having-manhood-challenges-come-see

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Set Of Chair For 95,000 Only / My Wife Birhday,what Gift Can I Buy? / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.