Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

IDP CONTRACT SCANDAL: Why The SGF Babachir Lawal Will Not Be Prosecuted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IDP CONTRACT SCANDAL: Why The SGF Babachir Lawal Will Not Be Prosecuted (848 Views)

Mansur Dan-Ali, Danjuma Nanfo & LYM Hassan In $1.4 Million Contract Scandal / SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IDP CONTRACT SCANDAL: Why The SGF Babachir Lawal Will Not Be Prosecuted by three: 7:39am On Dec 20, 2016
This young man Mr. Tolu Ogunlesi shared the view on corruption captured below before he was appointed to his current position as the Special Assistant to the President on Digital/New Media, responsible for among other things running the Digital Communications Department of the Presidency coordinating @AsoRock @DigiCommsNG on twitter and the "Presidency" handle on nairaland

During a discussion on the topic - "Holding Back The Years; The Consequence of Corruption in the 21st Century Africa" at the Ake Arts and Book Festival, Mr. Tolu Ogunlesi offered the following distinction while commenting on stealing by Public Officials,

"Buying cars you know for an airport that doesn't have power and doesn't have whatever is not for me, is not vision. So, I have not said it's fine to steal but we need to look at the issues one by one. I spoke quite vocally abut the cars because it offended me that 4 million dollars will go on a bunch of cars if that money went..., and that's the argument that Pius gave about Lagos, that you see development in Lagos and Edo and you're less likely to accuse the Governors of stealing because at least they're doing stuff with the money so for me it's just about a certain nuance to the issues of public expenditure and it's not about them saying it's fine to steal money."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDH8uDQ1BkY

http://venturesafrica.com/here-is-what-you-didnt-know-about-tolu-ogunlesi-president-buharis-newly-appointed-special-assistant-on-digital-new-media/

Re: IDP CONTRACT SCANDAL: Why The SGF Babachir Lawal Will Not Be Prosecuted by Krossbow123: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
I will comment later
Re: IDP CONTRACT SCANDAL: Why The SGF Babachir Lawal Will Not Be Prosecuted by three: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2017
Krossbow123:
I will comment later

Comment now

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai's Convoy Attack: Governor Cautions Against Reprisal Attack.. / Gov Mimiko Steps Out With Wife To Watch Cinema During New Year Break (photos) / Like Buhari, Like Akufo Addo. Ghana's New President In Plagiarism Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.