Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,783 members, 7,837,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria (30650 Views)

Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? / Advantages Of Attending A Military School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by deusp: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one bro
Lescott7:
Comparing public universities with private universities based on numbers of first class graduates is abnormal and doesn't make public universities to be above private universities in anyway. If a student deserve an 'A', give it to him or her, I can say that's actually absent in public universities just because they(lecturers) so desire to be sadists. You are being given what you deserve in private universities, the learning environment is conducive, learning facilities are present, lecturers come to class regularly.
In public universities, you struggle to learn under a harsh environment I can't forget what I went through in my first and second year in general courses but all the same I struggled to get my 'As and Bs'. Public universities learning environment are not learners friendly and that is where private universities students get it right and excel, I could remember when I visited a friend working at. Afe babalola university, I was so amazed with the electricity supply, infrastructural evolvement in the school, sport facilities and hostel facilities present. Although students are paying heavily for it but what can I say about my own university, where we pay 7500 for health services but sick students are being given paracetamol for malaria, N7500 from over 30000 students is enough to upgrade the health service delivery in the university to a reasonable state.
Private universities are making judicious use of their students fee while the little federal and state universities are getting are not being used effectively, perhaps they are not enough. You don't expect any good thing to come out from where students learn in a harsh environment. I'm not part of those that say when they grow up and become a father, they will send their children to public universities. Baba God should do well for me and make me send my kids to top rated universities preferably privates and foreign universities. I am a student of a state university, I know how harsh the environment is and as an educationist I know the effect of a poor learning environment and facilities on students performance.

1 Like

Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by Lakeside2134: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
This is no argument,most of the private universities are more efficient,faster,more organized,better funded and better managed so the difference is clear in all aspects and all what the OP listed is just flawed .But don't get me wrong even though the type of university you attend would give you an edge but you guys shouldn't forget that it all boils down to the individual and not the school .

But in all the quality of education in Nigeria is ZERO,like i mean after all this argument we have no Nigerian university apart from UI (wheter public or whatever) in the Top 1000 universities in the world,so even though private unis are better than their public counterparts they are all still sh*t on the international stage and that's what COUNTS,whats the point of being the best in this always backward never foward third world country like the zoo we live in if you can't even compete internationally and this why people still send most of their Children to better universities abroad if they have the chance,that's why some lecturers in this universities send their children to better universities abroad and that's why most politicians send their children abroad.

And OP it's easier to enter the private universities because there is less competition which is mostly due to relatively high fees the students of the private universities are required to pay(which many Nigerians cannot afford so that's why so many consider public ) and not because they are all lazy or whatever.If schools like Babcock and CU and all what not were as cheap as public universities don't you think that the competition to get into them would be higher than that of the top public universities

1 Like

Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by oluwatansho(m): 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
daywalker12911:
idiot. cry what of the set before yours?
the wise one
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by Olakunle007(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Lakeside2134:
This is no argument,most of the private universities are more efficient,faster,more organized,better funded and better managed so the difference is clear in all aspects and all what the OP listed is just flawed .But don't get me wrong even though the type of university you attend would give you an edge but you guys shouldn't forget that it all boils down to the individual and not the school .

But in all the quality of education in Nigeria is ZERO,like i mean after all this argument we have no Nigerian university(wheter public or whatever) in the Top 1000 universities in the world,so even though private unis are better than their public counterparts they are all still sh*t on the international stage and that's what COUNTS,whats the point of being the best in a third world country like the zoo we live in if we can't even compete internationally and this why people still carry most of their Children abroad if they have the chance.

Bro, UI is among the top 800 universities in the world.
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by Ovipoet: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
University of Ibadan is currently number 14 in Africa and the best in West africa

1 Like

Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by OpiMatics(f): 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
ednut1:
angry grin thrash,i attended a public school. and i can categorically tell u Private school graduates are very sound. during my time at a graduate trainee training for a bank, The covenant and babcock guys beat us hands down. so carry ur thrash go toilet. in a public school sadists lecturers mark u down for no just cause and ur happy its a standard, mtcheeew. u can never see a covenant first class or 2.1 grad who cannot speak and write well. in public schools u go see wella . one more thing gerahere

obviously, you're one of those public universities' graduates that can't speak and write well..
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by vickysomtee: 12:10am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by gentleagu(m): 3:45am On Dec 21, 2016
Greenbullet:
op,izz like you use your head to hit your passage wall,Dont compare private school facilities with public at all,if one chair gets. broken in a private school it is repaired or replaced within two days, I won't name my school but since I left LT2 till now the back row seat and numerous others is still in its bad conditions close to 12 years.plus public school does not make you stronger ,getting into school is easy in every continent except Africa! .Op izz like you have never been called to an interview,When I went for an interview in UAC ,they asked for our certificate, when the nigga that was Interviewing ,I noticed he separated the documents, private to the right,public to the left ,only called the best public graduates but the privates according to my informant were all called to write the exam.My child ennhhh is Convenant university or nothing.

Lmfao. Couldn't help but laugh at seperation of certificates.
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by gentleagu(m): 3:55am On Dec 21, 2016
FrancisAdl:
All these points are invalid and both parties can argue till thy kingdom come. A sound graduate is what you make of yourself, not the school.

A thug can get in harvard and still graduate a thug, the choice of being wise and educated is all yours to make!

#standingovation

1 Like

Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by DjAndroid: 5:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Dapromzy333:

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_111995805.xhtml?tema=1477
Moreover, It's also a very good place of socialization. There are so many social groups from kegites to clubs like roteract, JCs, Leo etc and all manner of individuals from the rich to the poor and even cultists.

A student who passed through a public university, after encountering all these individuals can survive anywhere.
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2016
OpiMatics:

obviously, you're one of those public universities' graduates that can't speak and write well..
undecided mumu
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by femooshad(m): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2016
Well well...

We can't even have a forward - thinking argument nowadays. The educational system is trash! Why do we even celebrate mediocrity??

We're here arguing and a small child in China is trying to do the impossible..

Issokai Issokai
Continuu!!!
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by donasere(m): 7:51am On Dec 21, 2016
Thanks OP for this beautiful nonsense!!
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 21, 2016
Lizzyfroshey:
Who told you that public school has the best laboratory equipments, let me tell you something, I attended a private university ( first degree) and a public university for my masters , behold the private school I attended got a nice and gigantic laboratory equipments than the public school, before you post rubbish, nonsense and useless post, abeg kindly check your brain very well

Ode oshiiiii
You could make your point and enlighten him without these insults. Why are some nigerians so angry and mannerless?
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by Sibrah: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2016
Bluetooth2:

Reminds me of a lady who couldn't pass Unilag Post-ume but finished with 1st class from a private university. Pathetic I must admit.
Stop lying.
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by dabigjoe6(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2016
ClintonNzedimma:
This writeup na tissue paper
Private schools are better equipped than Public schools.....
are you telling me that its better to study Computer Science in UI than Babcock?
Am not generalising this to all private schools and I don't know about UI, but I know someone is studying computer science in babcock and he complains bitterly because he feels its a waste of time and effort, they are not teaching them the right thing
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
dabigjoe6:

Am not generalising this to all private schools and I don't know about UI, but I know someone is studying computer science in babcock and he complains bitterly because he feels its a waste of time and effort, they are not teaching them the right thing
no school in naija is good for computer science but at least the private schools are better options
Re: 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria by dabigjoe6(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
ClintonNzedimma:

no school in naija is good for computer science but at least the private schools are better options
You don't get Babcock computer science is worse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Why be a king when you can be a god?" - Uniport's BGS Reveals secrets To NAIJ / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. / Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.