Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch (16894 Views)

Yoruba Monarch Patronizes Innoson Motors, Buys The New IVM G60 (pics, Video) / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne / BREAKING: Court Issues Arrest Warrant Against Oluwo Of Iwo, Oba Adewale Akanbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by Daslim180(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hostermipo:

A bench warrant is typically issued in the case of a failure to appear for trial, sometimes abbreviated “FTA.” The “bench” is the traditional term for the judge's seat.
In serious criminal cases, a failure to appear will most likely lead to a “regular” arrest warrant, which would spur immediate attempts to find and jail the defendant.

A bench warrant means that the police aren’t going to come knocking on your door looking for you. The bench warrant puts your name into a statewide database, and if you interact with police for any reason, even if it's not your fault (like if someone rear-ends your car in traffic, or you even went to report a case), you will be taken into custody. If you have any contact with the police or attempt to renew your drivers license, you will be arrested, handcuffed, and put in jail until you appear before the court

Thanks for enlighten me
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by timmydavids(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
who will now own the title “My Lord“ abi na “your Lordship“ in the courtroom. The king or Magistrate.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by psalmsjob: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:
Its a good thing we are now in the era legal intervention is available to settle dispute. if this happened in not so far past, the first oluwo would wage war against the second oluwo, while the oluwo would summon external intervention from oyo or ibadan to raise the siege of iwo oke, and that is how intertribal war would start again...
you know your history but it did happened most recently too; the external forces do come from Abuja to order the magistrate to vacate such order particularly if the Oba is supporting PDP and the other Oba is supporting AD, ACN or APC.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by mezutallia(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
NCAN Delta branch. Keep representing.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by mezutallia(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]NCAN Delta branch. Keep representing.

Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by DavidEsq(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
Daslim180:
Who be this one wey deny me FTC O Lawd??

Meanwhile, which one be bench warrant again?
It's applicable in criminal cases, wr an accused person fails to appear in court on a given date. An accused person Is mandated to attend his trial at all times, till judgment. If he fails to attend, the judge would make an order for his arrest. This order for his arrest is wat is called a "bench warrant". A warrant of arrest given or made by a judge.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by tolexy007(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
superemmy:

Who Ftc Epp

Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by talkportal: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
psalmsjob:

you know your history but it did happened most recently too; the external forces do come from Abuja to order the magistrate to vacate such order particularly if the Oba is supporting PDP and the other Oba is supporting AD, ACN or APC.

yes i agree with you, history can repeat itself but not in totality. but even in this epoch episode of the history still occurs in a legal or paralegal arena, it often time will not lead to physical large scale war.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
Alhajipablo:
It doesn't make sense, who would arrest a sitting king? an influential one at that, who's gonna carry out the order.
Bleep you who is the fucking idiot is he above the law.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by psalmsjob: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:

yes i agree with you, history can repeat itself but not in totality. but even in this epoch episode of the history still occurs in a legal or paralegal arena, it often time will not lead to physical large scale war.
yeah you are right again but it does lead to emotional and psychological warfare or preferably damages, like the effect of not getting justice can have on a victim.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by guiddoti: 2:02am On Dec 21, 2016
ct2:
Oba we are behind you. nobody can intimidate you. ki ade pe lori ki Bata pelese. you are one of the greatest thing ever that as happen to iwo
So, Oluwo above the law?
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by MayorofLagos(m): 5:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Yoruba Obas are under jurisdiction of Ogboni. Why do they subject themselves to the civil codes and statues?

If I were this Oba that Magistrate Judge, his court, his house will be set ablaze to set example for future lawyers and judges to keep their adjudication away, far from Yoruba thrones.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by MayorofLagos(m): 5:33am On Dec 21, 2016
Ogbonnaya1:

Bleep you who is the fucking idiot is he above the law.

Yes he is above the English statues and codes, what you call law. This is Yorubaland, not England.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by ct2: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2016
guiddoti:
So, Oluwo above the law?
The commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mr Fimihan Adeoye has said that he was not aware of any bench warrant of arrest against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi.
The police boss said he has not been briefed about the development and warned that the police should not be dragged into Obaship tussle because of the sensitivity of such matter.
His words “I have not been briefed about any bench warrant of arrest against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi. Police cannot be dragged into this because Obaship tussle is a sensitive matter. We have our legal department in the police and we will act appropriately within the ambit of the law”.
In a chat with Amiloaded Correspondent, Oba Akanbi also denied the knowledge of bench warrant of arrest against him and cautioned against any attempt to denigrate traditional institution.
Another traditional ruler, the Oluwo ke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye had filed a case against Oba Akanbi at a Magistrate Court in Osogbo in which he accused the Oluwo of making money through the internet fraud otherwise known as “Yahoo Yahoo”.
But Oba Akanbi reacted to these allegations in a 13 paragraph affidavits through the Aremo of Iwo land, Chief Adelani Akanbi who described the application filed against the Oluwo of Iwo by Oba Adeoye as “scandalous, vexations and designed to embarrass, blackmail and ridicule the monarch in the view of right thinking members of the society”.
Source : http://www.amiloaded.com/2016/12/police-not-aware-of-bench-warrant-
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by ct2: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2016
blazetitov:

What's this one talking about? You just learning how to use the quote icon on Nairaland?

Read my comment again and read your response, then determine if you making sense. Please do after you have eaten though.

The commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mr Fimihan Adeoye has said that he was not aware of any bench warrant of arrest against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi.
The police boss said he has not been briefed about the development and warned that the police should not be dragged into Obaship tussle because of the sensitivity of such matter.
His words “I have not been briefed about any bench warrant of arrest against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi. Police cannot be dragged into this because Obaship tussle is a sensitive matter. We have our legal department in the police and we will act appropriately within the ambit of the law”.
In a chat with Amiloaded Correspondent, Oba Akanbi also denied the knowledge of bench warrant of arrest against him and cautioned against any attempt to denigrate traditional institution.
Another traditional ruler, the Oluwo ke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye had filed a case against Oba Akanbi at a Magistrate Court in Osogbo in which he accused the Oluwo of making money through the internet fraud otherwise known as “Yahoo Yahoo”.
But Oba Akanbi reacted to these allegations in a 13 paragraph affidavits through the Aremo of Iwo land, Chief Adelani Akanbi who described the application filed against the Oluwo of Iwo by Oba Adeoye as “scandalous, vexations and designed to embarrass, blackmail and ridicule the monarch in the view of right thinking members of the society”.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by ct2: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by guiddoti: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2016
ct2:

Police commando should not play to the gallery. After all, he won't for briefed to arrest a common sensitive robber.
kontinu!! juju is above the law.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by blazetitov: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
ct2:

Regardless of the report by 'amiloaded.com'(sic), my comment did not judge the King. I am not a judge. I only said no Yoruba land will/should tolerate a king with criminal case/allegation and also that the king should clear his name. Lobatan!

I don't think the comment is disrespectful to the King or the throne.
Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by ct2: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
blazetitov:

Regardless of the report by 'amiloaded.com'(sic), my comment did not judge the King. I am not a judge. I only said no Yoruba land will/should tolerate a king with criminal case/allegation and also that the king should clear his name. Lobatan!

I don't think the comment is disrespectful to the King or the throne.

I rest my case bro

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
Yoruba are very good with science fiction.
When the british arrived, where was your army ?
Howcome you gave up without a fight ?

talkportal:
Its a good thing we are now in the era legal intervention is available to settle dispute. if this happened in not so far past, the first oluwo would wage war against the second oluwo, while the oluwo would summon external intervention from oyo or ibadan to raise the siege of iwo oke, and that is how intertribal war would start again...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Esan People Are Not Igbo! / What Are Your People (Ethnicity) Known For? / Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.