Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) (15397 Views)

Kalabari People Are Backward / Why We Are Backward / 10 Reasons Why African Guys Double-Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
This is a subject that actually kickstarted my desire to seek knowledge, to engage in honest research and to learn. I have researched this subject for many years and I've gathered a lot of information as to why black African countries are not up to the level of their western and eastern counterparts

This journey is going to be visual, as I will post many pictures to back up the written information I'll put forward, so if you love pictures and art, this is going to be entertaining for you.

This subject matter is very sensitive, so I'll try to thread carefully. In that vein, I want everyone reading this to know that the information I'm putting forward doesn't come from a place of racism, prejudice or hatred of the west or of black Africans.

I'm a black and proud Nigerian and I want my people to know the truth. That's my only motivation for making this thread.

Let's begin.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by olamidedivotee(f): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Following

Hire me to write quality content for your blog or brand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thoughts become things: The double split experiment.

The double split experiment is an experiment in the field of quantum physics that has boggled the minds of even the smartest of scientists all the way back to the likes of Albert Einstein.

What the double split experiments showed was that at a subatomic level, the wave nature of matter can be collapsed into particle form. In essence, waves can turn into particles when the consciousness of a human is introduced.

Our thoughts are waves, and these thoughts can become particles; become material things. Whatever we dedicate our thoughts towards will be manifested in our reality. The potency of this phenomenon increases when multiple people all think the same thing. This is why prayer sometimes works.

When a group of people believe that they are a certain way, even though they aren't that way, gradually they begin to become that way. This is a key point that's very relevant to the subject matter.

So even as we explore this subject, do not believe that any groups of people are intrinsically better than you. Do not say it to yourself and do not say it to your children. Do not add to the problem we face by focusing on these sorts of thoughts.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by blaquebelle: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
Damn it, you've dumped another thread. Classic OurTruth grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by congo4ka: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ride on my brother! You are doing very well. cool If there is anything you need from me to encourage and support you let me know. I love and appreciate your work.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
blaquebelle:
Damn it, you've dumped another thread. Classic OurTruth grin

I didn't dump the other thread. I'll be posting and it and on this one, simultaneously.
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2022
I want to clarify that when I'm speaking about black african countries, I'm speaking specifically of African countries south of the sahara. My reason for this is because African countries north of the sahara like Egypt, Ethiopia, Sudan, Morrocco aren't typically black african countries. There is a lot of Arab influences in their genetics and culture.

So I'll be focusing on sub-saharan african countries and cultures.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Before I hit directly at the subject matter, I'll like to make another important clarification.

I'm not saying these African countries didn't have any development at all. I'm not saying they comprised of naked, uncivilized people running around the jungle like animals.

In the past, there were sub-saharan African Empires and kingdoms that were developed, although I'll argue, not to the degree of their European and Asian counterparts, and I'll give detailed examples of some of them below.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
The Mali Empire

The Mali Empire was an empire in West Africa founded in the thirteenth century and lasted till the Seventeenth century. The empire was founded by Sundiata Keita and became renowned for the wealth of its rulers, most especially Mansa Musa, who in his time was regarded as one of the wealthiest men in the world.

The Mali empire's most important cities were Djenne and Timbuktu, both of which were renowned for their elaborate adobe mosques and Islamic schools. One such institution, Timbuktu’s Sankore University, included a library with an estimated seven hundred manuscripts. The Mali Empire at its peak was one of the jewels of the African continent and was known the world over for its wealth and luxury.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
The Benin Kingdom

The kingdom of Benin was established in the forested region of West Africa in the thirteenth century. The kingdom reached its greatest power and size under Oba Ewuare the Great. He expanded the kingdom and improved the capital, present-day Benin City; the city was defined by massive walls and paved streets

Artists of the Benin Kingdom were well known for working in many materials, particularly brass, wood, and ivory. They were famous for their bas-relief sculptures, particularly plaques, and life-size head sculptures.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
Other notable kingdoms and empires are the Songhai Empire, the great Zimbabwe kingdom and a couple others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
With all that out of the way, let's examine why Sub-saharan Africa developed at a slower pace than other parts of the world.
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Cokahot: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
Bull shit. Money is life. Get money
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Point One: Geographical Isolation

One of the factors that hampered the development of sub-saharan African countries is how geographically isolated they were from the rest of the world.

Sub-saharan Africa is bordered to the west by the Atlantic ocean, to the east by the Indian Ocean, and to the north by the Sahara desert. This geographical placement prevented them from having easy access to other parts of the world. They didn't participate in the sharing of technology and learning that Europe and the Asia continent had among themselves.

Also, the only trade route that linked sub-saharan Africa and the other parts of the world were through the the Sahara desert, which at the time was a hub of bandits, horders and slave-traders, not to mention the harsh climate of the area and how difficult it was to traverse the desert.

Europeans borrowed knowledge from the Arabs, the Arabs borrowed knowledge from the Europeans, the Asians borrowed knowledge from the Arabs and the Europeans borrowed from the Asians. All these people would fight wars against themselves and steal technology and information from their rivals.

African however only interacted with and fought amongst themselves within the confines of their geographical prison.

Another group of people that had this same problem of geographical isolation were the Native Americans. The Northern and Southern American continents are bordered by oceans on all sides. These people also suffered the same fate Sub-saharan Africa suffered, even worse I'd argue because they were killed and their lands and homes were taken from them by the more developed Europeans.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Vilgax: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2022
OurTruth:

nice delivery so far.
just wanted to point out that most of the world maps we were taught in our foreign based curriculum mostly uses Mercator's projection which greatly exaggerates the size of the Northern Hemisphere.
most people end up thinking Greenland is almost the same size as Africa.

just wanted to use this opportunity to correct that; this is what the continent's actually look like in terms of proportion.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2022
Cokahot:
Bull shit. Money is life. Get money

Money is actually not life. This mindset is actually damaging to your spiritual growth. This belief is based on a very material notion of the world, and sadly it's becoming more rampant. There has never been a time in human history where the whole world was this narcissistic and obsessed with material things, especially the younger generation.

Besides, money has never been proven to gaurantee happiness, so what's the fuss? It usually does the opposite. This opinion might seem crazy to a person that grew up in poverty or lack, but it's true and well researched and documented. Just read.

Check the statistics. Majority of people that commit suicide are rich people, hence the phrase; Suicide is a luxury of the rich.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by siofra(f): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
OurTruth:
The Mali Empire

The Mali Empire was an empire in West Africa founded in the thirteenth century and lasted till the Seventeenth century. The empire was founded by Sundiata Keita and became renowned for the wealth of its rulers, most especially Mansa Musa, who in his time was regarded as one of the wealthiest men in the world.

The Mali empire's most important cities were Djenne and Timbuktu, both of which were renowned for their elaborate adobe mosques and Islamic schools. One such institution, Timbuktu’s Sankore University, included a library with an estimated seven hundred manuscripts. The Mali Empire at its peak was one of the jewels of the African continent and was known the world over for its wealth and luxury.

The Mali empire too had some Arabian influence.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by LordIsaac(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
Following....
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
The curse of abundance: Too much of everything is bad

Lack breeds invention, while abundance stifiles it. The tropical topography of sub-saharan Africa allowed for the easy growth of a variety of food crops. Seeds from fruits would drop randomly on the ground from the mouths of our ancestors and months later a tree would form, without anyone doing anything. The soil was fertile and the climatic conditions, perfect.

In comparison, the temperate conditions in Europe and parts of Asia were harsh. There was scarcity of food and resources. If food wasn't gathered and preserved before winter, whole families starved to death.

While the people in sub-saharan African were plucking mangoes and pineapples from their backyards, the Europeans were coming up with ways to ensure that they preserved the little they had, not just against the coming winter period, but against the raiders and marauders that would storm into villages looking for what to steal. The Europeans had to learn to make strong houses and thick clothes that would withstand the winter storm and keep them warm.

These sorts of dire conditions necessitated the creation of a more more sophisticated form of Agriculture, infrastructure for preserving the food, and weapons to defend themselves against the raiders.

Nature selected for a people who were good with planning, foregoing pleasure for future benefits and skilled in the art of warefare and logistics. In essence the Europeans had to learn to invent and improve on their inventions, or else they died. It was a necessity.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by pansophist(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
OurTruth:

One of the factors that hampered the development of sub-saharan African countries is how geographically isolated they were from the rest of the world.

Sub-saharan Africa is bordered to the west by the Atlantic ocean, to the east by the Indian Ocean, and to the north by the Sahara desert. This geographical placement prevented them from having easy access to other parts of the world. They didn't participate in the sharing of technology and learning that Europe and the Asia continent had among themselves.

Also, the only trade route that linked sub-saharan Africa and the other parts of the world were through the the Sahara desert, which at the time was a hub of bandits, horders and slave-traders, not to mention the harsh climate of the area and how difficult it was to traverse the desert.

Europeans borrowed knowledge from the Arabs, the Arabs borrowed knowledge from the Europeans, the Asians borrowed knowledge from the Arabs and the Europeans borrowed from the Asians. All these people would fight wars against themselves and steal technology and information from their rivals.

African however only interacted with and fought amongst themselves within the confines of their geographical prison.

As you can see in the map below, another group of people that had this same problem of geographical isolation were the Native Americans. The Northern and Southern American continents are bordered by oceans on all sides. These people also suffered the same fate Sub-saharan Africa suffered, even worse I'd argue because they were killed and their lands and homes were taken from them by the more developed Europeans.

I don't agree on Africa as a continent is geographically isolated, at least not compared to North America as a continent (which is an island), Oceania, and South America. Afro-Euro-Asia mainland is the largest and most populous contiguous landmass on Earth, and the only continents connected to each other (Euro Asia connects Africa through the Suez canal). Perhaps you can argue for other reasons why Africa is not developed, but it has never been due to geographical isolation.

Secondly, the map you uploaded is wrong, its the Mercator map which makes Africa as a continent looks small. I mean, see how Russia is bigger than Africa as a whole, meanwhile, Africa is larger than Russia almost twice. Greenland is not even bigger than Algeria, but somehow the maps make it bigger than the whole over fifty African countries.

Thirdly, there are many theories of why Africa is poor, but the one that seems reasonable is the plundering of the wealth of colonial masters, and the continuation of it unto this day through a complex web of extractions that is more sophisticated, self-perpetuation, and automatic. `To place the lack of development of Africa as a continent as something beyond human doing is inconclusive. Having said that, I am enjoying your write-up.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Gmajor(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2022
OurTruth:
Thoughts become things: The double split experiment.

The double split experiment is an experiment in the field of quantum physics that has boggled the minds of even the smartest of scientists all the way back to the likes of Albert Einstein.

What the double split experiments showed was that at a subatomic level, the wave nature of matter can be collapsed into particle form. In essence, waves can turn into particles when the consciousness of a human is introduced.

Our thoughts are waves, and these thoughts can become particles; become material things. Whatever we dedicate out thoughts towards will be manifested in our reality. The potency of this phenomenon increases when multiple people all think the same thing. This is why prayer sometimes works.

When a group of people believe that they are a certain way, even though they aren't that way, gradually they begin to become that way. This is a key point that's very relevant to the subject matter.

So even as we explore this subject, do not believe that any groups of people are intrinsically better than you. Do not say it to yourself and do not say it to your children. Do not add to the problem we face by focusing on these sorts of thoughts.

WTF !
How did you make this leap in logic from human beings don't fully understand the double slit experiment to our thoughts are waves.

Nawa oh. Thats not how logic and critical thinking works.

The reason Africa is backward is a very complicated subject that can't be reduced to "Africans don't think positively ".

I know that it's comforting to think that complicated questions can be distilled to simple answers, but in the real world, it doesn't work that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
Some people don't allow me finish before they start condemning me. I've only just began, I've not even gotten to the more crucial aspects of the post and people are already acting like I've finished my presentation.

Omo I'm not getting paid for this. It's tiring having to deal with people like this all the time. I'm tired honestly.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by congo4ka: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
Dont mind them....we are following you bumper to bumper

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by blaquebelle: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
Sorry to say, you might get more tired. You've undertaken a controversial task.
OurTruth:
Some people don't allow me finish before they start condemning me. I've only just began, I've not even gotten to the more crucial aspects of the post and people are already acting like I've finished my presentation.

Omo I'm not getting paid for this. It's tiring having to deal with people like this all the time. I'm tired honestly.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by OurTruth: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
Gmajor:

WTF !
How did you make this leap in logic from human beings don't fully understand the double slit experiment to our thoughts are waves.

Nawa oh. Thats not how logic and critical thinking works.

The reason Africa is backward is a very complicated subject that can't be reduced to "Africans don't think positively ".

I know that it's comforting to think that complicated questions can be distilled to simple answers, but in the real world, it doesn't work that way.

With all your supposed ability to think critically and logically, you couldn't figure out that what you quoted was just an introductory post? So eager to rush in and showcase your "intelligence."

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
Following... I like this thread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Lilsameey: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
We need to open our eyes too.
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
siofra:

The Mali empire too had some Arabian influence.
Mansa musa used his enslaved people to become the richest man to have ever lived than spent so much money in Egypt he nearly wrecked the country's economy... Retàrd... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by tommy589(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
blaquebelle:
Sorry to say, you might get more tired. You've undertaken a controversial task.

grin
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Starboytwo(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
Following, pls continue.
Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by tommy589(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
BoredBerry:
Mansa musa used his enslaved people to become the richest man to have ever lived than spent so much money in Egypt he nearly wrecked the country's economy... Retàrd... grin

He invited the plunderers that set black Africa backward. Imagine showing off your country's wealth to exploiters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why African Countries Are Backward (photos) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
tommy589:

He invited the plunderers that set black Africa backward. Imagine showing off your country's wealth to exploiters
And blacks are online hyping the guy... I can't admire him... He's the reason the West took note of us... All that gold... Smh...

He didn't use his wealth to develop his nation... No... He had to take it to someone else's land...

Typical... Like our politicians who steal then buy properties or open businesses abroad... Ruin your home to boost the economy of other already developed countries...

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Kind Of Sex Style Will They Like? Photo Included / If You Are Above 30 And You Are Still Single As A Guy / Is This True Of Yoruba Men? Some Funny Memes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.