Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Photos: Decomposing Body Found Inside Drainage Along Popular Bypass In Calabar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: Decomposing Body Found Inside Drainage Along Popular Bypass In Calabar (1572 Views)

Body Found In California Lake Confirmed As Naya Rivera’s / Angela Okorie Falls Into Drainage At Quilox Club (Photos) / 'My Dad Was An Orphan, My Mother Born To A Single Mom In Calabar' - Banky W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Decomposing Body Found Inside Drainage Along Popular Bypass In Calabar by Naijboyzz: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
[img]https://2.bp..com/-OhDnpPS52Cg/WFlYmzOR-mI/AAAAAAAAGNI/zhJ_WVL7rvAvBgzKGfuFKaihKKRSGLPbACLcB/s320/Orok4.JPG[/img]

A man's decomposing body has been found inside a drainage along Marian Boulevard, after the Jonathan Goodluck Bypass, Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

The story was shared on Facebook by one Orok Duke.

According to him, he made the grisly discovery on Saturday, December 17th and that the weather has mummified the corpse.

Below is what published on Facebook:

"THERE WAS A CORPSE ON THE HIGHWAY
"On 17/12/2016, I discovered a decomposing body inside the public drainage along Marian Boulevard, after the Jonathan Goodluck Bypass, Calabar. The location is (after the overhead bridge) the point by the stream, where the Police has a permanent checkpoint.

"The weather had mummified the body and the greenery had also assisted odoriferously. So, the eight Policemen carried on, totally oblivious of a victim of murder, eternally entombed in the gutter nearby.

"I called their attention to the corpse and also put a call across to Mr JoeMary Ekeng Ita of CUDA. He initially expressed mixed feelings about the removal of the body and the fact that he did not have a functional vehicle and being a weekend, he was cash-trapped and unable to hire a vehicle for the assignment. He suggested that I should call the Commissioner for Environment, but his phone was unavailable.

"The Policemen and I remained there, while I made alternative plans to remove the body. But to our pleasant surprise, a gentleman called John,who is the head of the Health Unit of CUDA, came over to meet us and examine the situation - obviously on the directive of JoeMary.

"John and JoeMary, took over our sentry duties, earlier that we had expected. As I departed from Ikot Effanga, my conviction that there were still dedicated public officials abound - was further consolidated.

"My heart goes out to the dead man: he may have been a father, uncle, brother, guardian or nephew to some people, somewhere when he was alive. How he died may never be known and his killers may never be found. His hopes and dreams, will never be realised. But, he craves for and deserves a dignified repose, methinks. The gutter,definitely, could not have been the final resting place that our society would in or humanity accept or wish for him.

"To the likes of JoeMary and John (of CUDA) and the rest of us who still believe that the system can be tweaked to be better - more grease and Godspeed. Patience and perseverance are what I wish for us. Selah.

"Orok Otu Duke

"Duke Town"

See the photos below: (GRAPHIC)

[img]https://2.bp..com/-jCv8Mm3R_UA/WFlYrpvIoeI/AAAAAAAAGNQ/bkMA20-d-M08mbg2ri71hVgw8-Z9oV7RQCLcB/s320/Orok1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-C7z4DvKX-uo/WFlYtEe2viI/AAAAAAAAGNU/eFDliQPBB3oFyq2NZGWr5YvS2xYU5GMBgCLcB/s320/Orok2.jpg[/img]

see all photos here http://www.villaboot.com.ng/2016/12/horror-mans-decomposing-body-found.html
Re: Photos: Decomposing Body Found Inside Drainage Along Popular Bypass In Calabar by Cloetrish(f): 5:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Rip to d dead

(1) (Reply)

BBA Naija ......tboss Stuns At Airtel Naija Head Office. / Former Miss World, Agbani Darego Stuns In A Recent Photo Shoot / 10 Most Beautiful Female Celebrities In Nigeria 2017 ,NO 10 Will Make You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.