Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" (9108 Views)

ASUU Decries Lack Of Funds In Varsities, Threatens Strike Over LAUTECH Crisis / Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair / BreakingNews:Oyo, Osun Pay N500m To End Lautech Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Mintayo(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2016
It's so unfortunate that a school like Lautech is in the hands of two visionless and nonchalant governors.
Ajimobi still owes Oyo state workers 5-7 months salary. Same with Aregbesola. And you think anything good can happen while these two individuals are still governors?
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Olusegun9010: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2016
The issue is getting out of hand, it might be heading to a year if care is not taken.
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by dMODShavgonemad: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2016
Hmm. Guys that are saying they shouldn't increase d fees are wasting their time because that's what it'll result to in d end. Let's assume they want to increase it, it shouldn't go beyond 100k,then u also have d option of paying twice. It's better that way so that it won't affect those coming into d school in d nearest future. Because going on strike every session isn't healthy academic wise.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Eazie351(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2016
I‘m a victim of d strike :-( now i av a kid.

Just kidding.

But they‘d better reopen before i have one.
Kidding again
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2016
two states, two governors , one university and yet all this shit this happens...
its only shows our level of concern for education in this nation
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by doshe39(m): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2016
If dem increase am to 100k,extra year no go funny
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by iyanigold: 7:39am On Dec 21, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
This matter is a serious one to be sincere.... At first, I don't know the reason why two states should be managing a university. I think that's what is really affecting Lautech.

Osun state (let me say their Govt here) are so dumb. They are yet to cater for their civil servants owing them several months of salaries, yet they are still fighting with the Oyo state Govt in the ownership of the institution. Osun already had OAU (federal uni) and UNIOSUN (state owned)... Oyo (UI-federal), so let them have Lautech too as thei state-owned institution. Final!!!!! undecided

both states are in financial crisis. would you let go of ur partnership business in such condition? why can't OYO state establish their state university it they need one?
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by buffalowings: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2016
Baba hafusa has no money to pay staff
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Nairadean(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2016
Nairadean:

The two state Governors in-charge, resolved in the extract of the communique stated above to restructure the institution in order to achieve national, regional and global reckoning while till date the school is still on industrial action paralyzing all activities on its campuses.

The Governors "cannot have the cake and still eat it", it is either they find a sustainable solution to the crisis befalling the school by funding the institution and its workforce as soon as possible to preserve its glory or jeopardize their vision to preserve and upgrade the university's reputation and academic excellence in reckoning, home and abroad as embedded in the joint ownership meeting resolution.

Therefore, it will be in the best interest of Nigerians to resolve the cause of the industrial action with none of the two parties (Students and workers) being victimised or caused to suffer for the strike after its being called off or suspended.
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by jhurney(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2016
iyanigold:

both states are in financial crisis. would you let go of ur partnership business in such condition? why can't OYO state establish their state university it they need one?
waz dis 1 saying? is lautech located in osun?
dumb person..
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by MayhorE(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2016
Two scumbags
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by gufebs: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Lautech students are now in trouble
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by fhelihx(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2016
BTW Lautech and thunder...who strike pass undecided

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Satchmo(m): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2016
If they wanna increase it they should start with the next intake, that way it won't lead to another strike action, cos when they resume and increase the fee the students will still protest, so for those writing then next jamb they will know lautech's fees in now 150k that way only those that can afford it will chose lautech.. That was what they did when it was increased from 40 to 65k.
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by ikorodureporta: 9:19am On Dec 21, 2016
''Have yr cake & eat it'' or ''Eat yr cake & have it''
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by miqos02(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2016
na wa oh
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Raptureminded(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2016
This quite disheartening having finish from poly for 2yr thinking av made d right chioce (boasting of now been in uni) not knowing dat I will still say had I knw. oga oooo eleyi gidigan oo. se ogun laye ni. anyway God knws d best
#teamreopenlautech#
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Timothy3113(m): 9:51am On Dec 21, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
so you people still agree on the increment of the school fees? Please tell me , the 65k we are paying self, we pay it twice, most parents of students of lautech are civil servant of osun and oyo state, please tell me iss it with the haff or no salary they are getting, they will still pay their children school fees? That 65k sef, some are struggling to pay, and you people are still planning to increase it, either 80k, 150k or 350k, just want you people to know that all hands are not equal, and not everybody can afford such amount, if they think increasing the school fees is the best solution to the problem LAUTECH is facing they are completely wrong, 'cos they will rather loose many students, 'cos i believe many students which are fresher or 100l or even 200l might decide to write another jamb and choose another school in which i'm one of them, if at all they increase the school fees, and again less people will choose them in jamb....anyway this my thought tho'.....just #ReOpenLautechWithoutIncreasingOurSchoolFees
Bro everyone is experiencing these present recession, but we all do scale of preference. If the school fee is being increased we should all endeavour to pay. Trust me if you are a Ladokite, you will affirm that 70 percent can afford it, even though it is not convenient. And the rest 30% also knew what they are in for when they chose lautech.

If these is what will guarantee a healthy academic calendar so be it. If you are spending six years in school instead of five. That additional one year expenses, is more than what the increment will be. ( hostel rent, feeding etc)

Time is money
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by davle1: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Just to think about it, You owe someone 7 months salary, they're at home suffering and you are coming with offer of 41% of one month salary for them to resume in January. I don't think it works like that. Also considering the indigent student, when the school fee was moved from 6k to 40k I know people that withrew not to talk of 300k. Oyo state compound its problem by continuing ownership with Osun after everything was settled in 2010 all because of politics AND also established it's own University-Oyo state Technical University, then convert the only 1 Polytechnic into 3.
By and large, the government need to find a way round ds not to suffer the students, parents and the workers
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by babyfaceafrica: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
jhurney:
waz dis 1 saying? is lautech located in osun? dumb person..
must you insult the person to pass your point....oga o!!!
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by obaoyedotun(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2016
prof1990:

I should vex for you but I won't.

seems your not tired of staying at home?
tell me how much LASU,KWASU,OSU pays. state universities are mostly run on IGR because you can't trust your state govt and in the case of lautech you have Osun state; known for its emptiness and lack of ideas to diversify or generate income for itself.
better face reality and drop this ur mumu #reopenlautechwithoutincreasingschoolfees bullshii.
what I feel both government should do like lasu is doing is let the school pay its staffs from the school fees generated from the students and and the state would have a token to add to it maybe for infrastructure and they can meet private bodies to facilitate needed materials, instead of paying for adverts
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
prof1990:

I should vex for you but I won't.

seems your not tired of staying at home?
tell me how much LASU,KWASU,OSU pays. state universities are mostly run on IGR because you can't trust your state govt and in the case of lautech you have Osun state; known for its emptiness and lack of ideas to diversify or generate income for itself.
better face reality and drop this ur mumu #reopenlautechwithoutincreasingschoolfees bullshii.
this guy sha please we are just suggesting.... You don't have any gut to insult me please .... LASU is paying 25k...and it's the cheapest state university in Nigeria.. .kwasu is paying 200k for non indigene and its just because kwasu is a new school in which you can't compare with LAUTECH.... Don't know that of OSU tho'
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by dreezybines: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2016
dMODShavgonemad:
Hmm. Guys that are saying they shouldn't increase d fees are wasting their time because that's what it'll result to in d end. Let's assume they want to increase it, it shouldn't go beyond 100k,then u also have d option of paying twice. It's better that way so that it won't affect those coming into d school in d nearest future. Because going on strike every session isn't healthy academic wise.

Bro I swear you said my mind...

That every semester strike is So bleeped up...

I guess they are finalizing everything today...
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Moonland100(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2016
The two governors don't wish anything good for their states, they just know they are on the seat as governor of the state. Let me put it straight, when a leader is confuse u don't have a choice than to accept his opinion. So, on increment of school fees I beg Ladokites to accept it as a means to end this inhuman act embarked by the two governors. If u refuse to accept their offer , be ready for another 2 months+ strike.
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by oluwatymylehyn(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
I'm not against the increment of the school fees. However, I believe the school can still be operated without increasing the school fees. The two governors are nonchalant and oblivion to the plight of students coupled with our selfish lecturers who are not ready to swallow their pride. Well, we are all look forward to their resolve on the ongoing strike. #ReOpenLautech
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
LARRYDKING:

I have thought of it too and I don't understand why the state of Osun chooses to suffer students of lautech. There is a distinction between "this thing is mine " and "this thing is ours". U can expect me to chunk a lot in our thing like it's mine.

Well said bro
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by dMODShavgonemad: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
dreezybines:

Bro I swear you said my mind...

That every semester strike is So bleeped up...

I guess they are finalizing everything today...
I hope so
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by mrwiddy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
#smiles.
one head is far more BETTER than two.....this is when OGUN state runs 2 different state ubiversity (TASUED & OOU),and OYO+OSUN states cannot control a major renowned university to merit.
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by DrinkWater10: 12:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Satchmo:
If they wanna increase it they should start with the next intake, that way it won't lead to another strike action, cos when they resume and increase the fee the students will still protest, so for those writing then next jamb they will know lautech's fees in now 150k that way only those that can afford it will chose lautech.. That was what they did when it was increased from 40 to 65k.
Is the current 65k per year or per session?
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by Satchmo(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Is the current 65k per year or per session?
It was 65k per session when I graduated, don't know how much they pay now
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by iyanigold: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
jhurney:

waz dis 1 saying? is lautech located in osun?
dumb person..

so pathetic with ur level of understanding. very sad u will claim u are a student.Nigeria is in trouble with ppl like u
Re: LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" by jhurney(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2016
iyanigold:

so pathetic with ur level of understanding. very sad u will claim u are a student.Nigeria is in trouble with ppl like u
ok, u thought ur initial comment was sensible?
now tell me wat's wrong wif my level of understanding...Tell me wah i couldn't undastand wif ur initial comment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases / You Are Brilliant If You Can Read This! (+pics) / Yabatech Part-time Nd And Hnd For 2010/2011 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.