Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases (9116 Views)

Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / 2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Edo University Commissions First Anatomage Table In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
You Are A Standard Bearer, NUC Boss Eulogizes Redeemer’s University

The Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Professor Abubakar Adamu Rasheed has commended Redeemer’s University for its exploits in safeguarding the health of the nation through its African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases. Professor Abubakar Rasheed made this remark during a facility visit to the University recently.

He explained that he had intended to create time since he assumed office to visit some standard bearers among universities in Nigeria in order to see how they are performing but due to his busy schedule he could not come until God’s appointed time.

The NUC scribe said that the private universities are blazing the trail through Redeemer’s University, Ede and African University of Science and Technology, Abuja who stood out among others through their excellent proposal presentations during the rigorous selection process that led to their emergence as the only two private universities including eight others African Centre of Excellence projects.

He lauded the University for having the best performing centre of excellence among its peers in sub-Sahara-Africa, adding that NUC is proud of the feats achieved by ACEGID.

He congratulated the Centre Director and his team at the Redeemer’s University African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Professor Christian Happi, for his very logical presentation during his facility visit.

According to Professor Abubakar Rasheed , “As a mark of respect for this presentation, we are going to invite. Professor Happi to Abuja to deliver an inaugural lecture which would have in attendance all heads of Departments of Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry and other related fields including industry leaders”.

https://educationexplorersite./2017/12/15/redeemers-university-commissions-centre-for-genomics-and-infectious-diseases/

TheVictorious Lalasticlala

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by hakeem4(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
This is really good

Private schools are doing really well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
hakeem4:
This is really good

Private schools are doing really well
They are coming of age. They know the competition to survive in the next few years would be mad so many are trying to catch up quick and create a brand/reputation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by TheVictorious(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
A very good development from Redeemers' University. Private universities are taking over and nothing can stop them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Desyner: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
See privates unis that started yesterday going after pressing needs of Africans already.
Some people are still using the number of student they can fail to guage the strength and standard of their system.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Desyner: 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
TheVictorious:
A very good development from Redeemers' University. Private universities are taking over and nothing can stop them.
Stopping them will be like restriction ones own oxygen supply because they go after pressing human needs.
Look at Landmark for example, they are after agriculture. Covenant is after engineering. Afe Babalola is after Health science and technology. Go to uniben, you see law students everywhere. We have enough lawyers already. People break the law to have food, health security and shelter. Anybody against private uni must be an insecure entity.

21 Likes

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Mehn people keep mocking Churches and I just keep applauding. Complete sound leadership in all their endeavours.
Stat.social showed me Covenant University Molecular laboratories and I was just stunned-fully glass partitioned labs with state of the art facilities.The older one has equipment like HPLC, CO2 Incubator, Tissue Culture something, PCR, -80 C Refrigerator, Fluorescent Microscope etc.

At the recent BSN(Biology Society of Nigeria) meeting in Minna almost all of them(Lecturers) said they wanted the next Convention at Covenant University and dropped IITA and FUNAAB. The President, Prof Benjamin Ubi of the association even said Covenant has the best Biology labs in the Nation.

So why do ppl even condemn pastors like Adeboye and Oyedepo when they are obviously adding to the nation? Secular private universities are trying but they are not even close at all.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Lol you didn't even get to see the new labs dedicated to Artificial Intelligence, Reverse Engineering and Kaizen, Robotics and Mechatronics and many more funded by the Church and not an iota of govt money is there. But you Let me just get pictures and all them Freeze and his ppl most go into hiding.

Babcock and Covenant alone are schooling 20,000 Nigerians at any given time. Much of this demographics could cause Nigeria's economy serious problem.

1) Without Church Unis many of those Demography would compete with people seeking entry into public universities and create more congestion

2) Many of those in that demography possess the Economic power to seek Higher Education in Ghana, Ukraine, Cyprus, India and some UK or US(The Church Universities are actively stopping many from leaving the country and wasting away badly needed forex)

3) The Church universities are providing critical support to Host Communities and even public university lecturers by renting out Labs for public school lecturers, providing healthcare. MonkeyPox analysis was done in RUN. Covenant university hospital is being used frequently by Ota ppl.

See ehn let's not even go into the relevance of the Nigerian Church my hand go just dey pain me. It's a story for next year.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Desyner: 12:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Mirand606:

So why do ppl even condemn pastors like Adeboye and Oyedepo when they are obviously adding to the nation? Secular private universities are trying but they are not even close at all.
The most painful part of the blind criticism is people don't pause to think about what they are getting before concluding that private unis are a rip off. If properly analyzed you will see that Covenant and Landmark uni are technically free. Most of those public unis with cheap fee are unis filled with low cost programs. By "low cost programs", I mean those department that don't require much funding like political science, business sciences, art related courses etc and Govts still spends hundreds of thousand subsidizing each student yearly.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2017
I think it is just access people complain about.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Desyner: 12:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Covenant university hospital is being used frequently by Ota ppl.

See ehn let's not even go into the relevance of the Nigerian Church my hand go just dey pain me. It's a story for next year.
Vacation things ?

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Mirand606:
I think it is just access people complain about.
Lalasticlala

See ehn Nigeria does not need more free universities but functional ones. If you can't afford private go federal.

You see what many don't understand is many of these churches also look left and right before they cross. When CGM was headed by Idahosa the church was on smooth sail. Idahosa built a private university even before govt gave a go ahead. Then Idahosa went home to be with the lord and with all due respect things didn't go as planned for the ministry like that. Oyedepo and Oyakhilomhe played an important role in letting that university stand because Idahosa was a mentor to them.. For years Oyedepo paid salaries of the university by himself before it could stand while Oyakhilomhe built the Engineering Building at 1 billion.

You see I don't like saying this but not all ministries retain vibrancy after the home call of their founders like Hagin ministry, Oral Roberts Ministry, CGM - imagine any of them built university funded by church income. What would have happened to those Unis?
I sincerely pray and believe that RCCG and LFC would retain vibrancy but precedence has proven that it is better to not tie a university to the apron of a Church.

Universities need stability and can't deal with the unpredictability of Churches. And unfortunately too many things are tied to the stability of a Church. Our wage bill in the university can't be 400 million per month and church says it only made Tithe of 200 million. Shall the University collect all the 200 million or are we to share it 50-50 and end up paying 30% of salary. If you try to collect two offerings it is then you would know that your fellow christians are smart. They would simply divide what they intended to give initially into the two offering bag or return your envelopes null and void of content. Which lecturer would wait in that kind of system that doesn't engender growth?

Members gather as easily as they scatter and they would leave you with all your 'problems'. People are not drawn to RCCG or Winners. Don't ever make that mistake. They are drawn by the anointing of the leaders.

As some ministries are expanding some are shrinking. If a Church that has so much vibrancy now and chooses to fund her university (if it could) looses vibrancy and is struggling to pay its own pastoral salaries then the university is dead!

See ehn Ia typical wage bill for a Nigerian university is about 400 million/month how many churches would be able to afford this?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 16, 2017
In the 1970s CAC had about 20 free schools. It later became hard to fund it and CAC practically had to beg govt to take over those schools. Where were Christians to have allowed that to happen? Everybody went his own way. Let the Church Universities be Autonomous or else the rot you see in Public Universities would be a joke to what could happen to Church Unis.

Whereas a person(probably church member) I heard of chose to send all her four kids to Covenant and three adopted Kids making 7 to the University - Yeah I prefer that model. Let the rich people in churches pay tuition for the poor if they can, than blanket free education that would ruin the university.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by RemedyLab: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
Just REVEALED

Natural remedies for diabetes you can try at home

vist NaturalRemedyLab for more
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Riversides2003(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
We don’t need all these, fasting and prayers should do the magic.
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by tstx(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
kudos

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by yesloaded: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
Welcome Development

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by emeka2847: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2017
Others will not do and when they do, they politicise it by giving it foreign religious names that adds nothing to productivity
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by punisha: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
cheesy

Churches doing what the government can't.... exactly the reason why the best of Africans with amazing IQ are found in developed countries. who no want to earn better money and maximize his/her potentials? Catholic Church still remains the first in spearheading mind boggling experiments and space studying. old men be sharing loots and running the nation aground instead of building the nation...thunder strike every one of them that contributed to the nations malnourished nature.

....and thunder fire NwaAmaikpe! May his children walk in the right path and never be like him.

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by stevezuks: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
This is very good. Only private corporations can take Nigeria somewhere. Sometimes I wonder why we don't just privatize nigeria

what are you waiting for? Visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get high quality, neatly written to APA standard (or any standard of your choice)project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

Hire our researchers to write your undergraduate final year research project. Custom and Plagiarism free
With money back guarantee. Visit us now
https://RunMyResearch.com

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by jericco1(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2017
yesterday Landmark, today Redeemers. confirm!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by habtund(f): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Mirand606:
Mehn people keep mocking Churches and I just keep applauding. Complete sound leadership in all their endeavours.
Stat.social showed me Covenant University Molecular laboratories and I was just stunned-fully glass partitioned labs with state of the art facilities.The older one has equipment like HPLC, CO2 Incubator, Tissue Culture something, PCR, -80 C Refrigerator, Fluorescent Microscope etc.

At the recent BSN(Biology Society of Nigeria) meeting in Minna almost all of them(Lecturers) said they wanted the next Convention at Covenant University and dropped IITA and FUNAAB. The President, Prof Benjamin Ubi of the association even said Covenant has the best Biology labs in the Nation.

wetin funaab do
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by 360command: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Yet they call them glorified secondary school becos their papa no send dem go.

4 Likes

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Bifrost: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Desyner:
See privates unis that started yesterday going after pressing needs of Africans already.
Some people are still using the number of pass student they can graduate to guage the strength and standard of their system.

But if they graduate a multitude with First class grades, you would still be part of the bandwagon to wail that the first class is worthless.

You just can't satisfy Nlanders
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by LordAA(m): 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Mirand606:

BSN is Biotechnology Society of Nigeria. And our next conference will be held at covenant university next year.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Bifrost: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
360command:
Yet they call them glorified secondary school...

But that's what they are nau? grin
Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Bifrost: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
jericco1:
yesterday Landmark, today Redeemers. confirm!

Landmark started selling local rice. grin

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by jericco1(m): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Bifrost:

Landmark started selling local rice. grin
lol. it's something. at least, we'll be self sufficient in rice production.

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by juman(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2017
Congrats.

Some private universities have been doing so encouraging and performing well.

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by 360command: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2017
Bifrost:

But that's what they are nau? grin
no, they say it because they don't have the money that is why they try to make them feel low.. The so called public uni can't keep its environment, hostels, or lab in form.... They all study in a filthy environment.... The days of the public uni are gone...

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by DBossNG(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Statsocial:
In the 1970s CAC had about 20 free schools. It later became hard to fund it and CAC practically had to beg govt to take over those schools. Where were Christians to have allowed that to happen? Everybody went his own way. Let the Church Universities be Autonomous or else the rot you see in Public Universities would be a joke to what could happen to Church Unis.

Whereas a person(probably church member) I heard of chose to send all her four kids to Covenant and three adopted Kids making 7 to the University - Yeah I prefer that model. Let the rich people in churches pay tuition for the poor if they can, than blanket free education that would ruin the university.

U are making a lot of sense. I like the way u analyse issues

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University Commissions Centre For Genomics And Infectious Diseases by Desyner: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Bifrost:

But if they graduate a multitude with First class grades, you would still be part of the bandwagon to wail that the first class is worthless.

You just can't satisfy Nlanders
? ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yabatech Part-time Nd And Hnd For 2010/2011 Is Out! / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Hnd Form Registration Have Started. / Federal School Of Surveying, Oyo Admission For 2012/2013 Post Utme, Hnd, Pd, Pgd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.