Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. (10381 Views)

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Wives, How Long Is Too Long? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by TheSeeker(m): 6:37am On Nov 17, 2009
I have been able to deduce that some husbands are just temperamental about just everything; they are intolerant and as such can lose their cool over any flimsy reasons. Wives, how do you handle such men?
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by SeanT21(f): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2009
My step daddy(RIP) was just like that. I just ignored him.
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by coolier(f): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
Silence.
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by ayomifull(f): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
It is better imagined than experienced. I dont wish even my enemy such men. I still dont understand how my sister is able to live with her husband of 11 years, its horrible and a terrible experience. You need a special kind of grace.

1 Like

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by TheSeeker(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
11 years? shocked shocked
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by agathamari(f): 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2009
send him to anger management classes. or call him on his temper when he is doing it. mine used to have a bad temper but it is slowly getting better
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by iice(f): 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2009
If he's reasonable enough, talk to him after he has finished ranting.  If it's the build-up of something, just let him blow off steam, then ask him, whats wrong.  One would have insights as to what is causing the tantrums and try to avoid what one knows would set off the tantrums, or find ways to distract or help like anger management
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2009
Give him a good sex, that will make all the screws in his head tighter again grin

1 Like

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by TheSeeker(m): 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
iice:

If he's reasonable enough, talk to him after he has finished ranting. If it's the build-up of something, just let him blow off steam, then ask him, whats wrong. One would have insights as to what is causing the tantrums and try to avoid what one knows would set off the tantrums, or find ways to distract or help like anger management
You should start a social behavior center grin
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by chika98: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2009
Get temperamental just like him so that the two of you will go mental together. A family that craze together stays together grin

2 Likes

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2009
chika98:

Get temperamental just like him so that the two of you will go mental together. A family that craze together stays together grin
Where's IIce? grin tongue

@Post
Dnt know cuz temperamental + temperamental is not a good combo.
Dnt hope to marry one sad
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Remii(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
In some cases chika98 is right, people tend to respect those who stood up to them, but be consistent if you want to go that way. He or she would like to stamp superiority but if a balance of tyranny is apparent he would come to terms that no be only him sabi craze. If you are just testing waters, the repercussion maybe devastating. For instance America would negotiate with Russia, but if smaller country do anyhow,  we all know what would happen.
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
chika98:

That is dangerous oh, cos that means if care is not taken, one person might injure the other.
As a man if my woman is pissed, i will get into my car and go for a nice spin and enjoy the bliss of the nice wind of the night. tongue
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Hauwa1: 12:01am On Nov 18, 2009
tempered guy, i pray not to meet such.

better for a woman to be temperamental than a man undecided
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by chillbabe(f): 12:38am On Nov 18, 2009
Nothing works mine is just like that. I will always do what i normaly do when he's not angry but that my husband can just snap like that without me even knowing what's wrong he want talk and just ignore me 4 days. U know what a year ago i would cry my eyes out now it just enoy me and that's the sign when men needs 2 be carefull. A woman wont put up with that crap 4 to long. My husband can ignore me 4 days sometimes weeks no matter how much i ignore him or spoil him during his tantrums ooh pls grow up life is nt that easy. To all the tantrum men'r
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 5:25am On Nov 18, 2009
ummmmmmm ^^^^
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by iice(f): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
TheSeeker:

You should start a social behavior center grin

LOL don't think i have the patience undecided

FL Gators:

Where's IIce? grin tongue

@Post
Dnt hope to marry one sad

What did i do? grin
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by TheSeeker(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
[Quote author=FL Gators]@Post
Dnt hope to marry one [/Quote]

I know right. grin
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by frozennose: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
my fiance is sweet but when he navigates into that mood he automatically becomes a devil,i try as much as possible to mind wat i say and the words i use when communicating because i ve realised that he's very sensitive to words no matter how its been said so i often watch wat i say for peace to reign
I know he would grow out of it just like my aunt's husband who was same but acts very calm now

[b][b]the secret is silence and patience

2 Likes

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
frozennose:

my fiance is sweet but when he navigates into that mood he automatically becomes a devil,i try as much as possible to mind wat i say and the words i use when communicating because i ve realised that he's very sensitive to words no matter how its been said so i often watch wat i say for peace to reign
[size=18pt]I know he would grow out of it just like my aunt's husband who was same but acts very calm now
[/size]

So what happens if he never grow out of it?
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by rubi(f): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
frozennose:

I know he would grow out of it just like my aunt's husband who was same but acts very calm now

You have to be free to say what you want to without the other person taking it personal. How long can you live like this abeg life is short to habor emotions and been over sensitive
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by frozennose: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
@fhemmmy
if he does'nt then he too will not have peace and would die before me.is there any man that will want his house to always be on fire??i dont think so.
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
frozennose:

@fhemmmy
if he does'nt then he too will not have peace and would die before me.is there any man that will want his house to always be on fire??i dont think so.

So why would you wanna walk into a dead zone with both eyes open?
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by echobee(f): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
do fasting for 70 days, b4 u re through, he go don well
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
echo- bee:

do fasting for 70 days, b4 u re through, he go don well

U be priest?
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by moonbaby(f): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
The best thing to do as a wife or anyone in a relationship (especially we ladies), is to just remain calm down anytime he is upset, raising your own voice could aggravate matter.

My mom used to tell me that when dealing with people, I have to “mo iwa fun oniwa”. Since you know he’s the temperamental being, just try and remain calm at all times.

I know it could be frustrating but you can never have two drivers in one car…

1 Like

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by chidyke77(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
moonbaby: The best thing to do as a wife or anyone in a relationship (especially we ladies), is to just remain calm down anytime he is upset, raising your own voice could aggravate matter.

My mom used to tell me that when dealing with people, I have to “mo iwa fun oniwa”. Since you know he’s the temperamental being, just try and remain calm at all times.

good
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by tpia1: 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
nice topic.

folks tend to hype mild people as being the only type of marriageable husband, but i dont think that's true, since there are different temperaments and everyone cant be the same.

i'm sure there are fire breathing dragons who, while not being abusive, do happen to make good marriage partners, just that we dont hear about them that much.

and granted, such personalities might be prone to crossing that line more than if they werent temperamental, but that doesnt mean they cant be men who their wives wouldnt have any other way.

1 Like

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by tpia1: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
moonbaby: The best thing to do as a wife or anyone in a relationship (especially we ladies), is to just remain calm down anytime he is upset, raising your own voice could aggravate matter.

good points.

i'm trying to think back and see if any examples come to mind.
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by DameGambrosia: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Just cuss 'em out!
Especially in public! cool

1 Like

Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by tpiadotcom: 3:44am On Nov 28, 2015
Re: Wives, How Do You Handle A Temperamental Husband. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 28, 2015
Not at all.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know What Is Going Between My Junior Brother And My Wife / / Who Knows You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.